Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I got it figured out this time. The BB gun test on the BB gopher was a supprise. Shooting my Crossman 766 from 20 ft with 2 pumps . The results were more damage than I expected . Shot twice with 3 pumps . Left good impressions in the 16 ga. metal. Back to the autocad and plasma table :(

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Looks like you better try some 12 or 14ga

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weight vs material thickness / we are going to try doing a autocad center of mass to determine balance point and recut a few for testing . The current BB seems to be too bottom heavy .I tried shooting the regular sized gophers with bb gun only to have the Ralphy affect .(gonna put your eye out) I sent you the top and bottom of BB along with the other Gophers. Have fun :)
The power supply on the cutting table plasma went south last week , new one is on the way . Owner of table is on his way for parts this week end. He has backlong of christmas orders to get out so it will be January before more protoype R&D with plasma table is done. The first one I made of auto sheet metal worked real well but did bend also . I think the key to this one will be the balance and ability to upright again. Tried10 ga. too heavy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts