Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a little over 1,000 IMI cases that I bought years ago. Any idea on value? They are said to be the best for forming wildcat cases from.
Gas Metal Tin Plastic Box

stuff is out of hand in the reloading component dept.

·
Registered
13,431 Posts
Good stuff...not sure the value pretty high i would guess.....these days.
I bid 1 dollar higher than jr !

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Several years ago, I found a sale and bought 1000 rounds of new LC '14 5.56 brass, never loaded and never crimped. It was $114, while normal price was around $150/k, as I recall. I have used lots of IMI brass, and like it also, but mine has all been range brass, and all of it had to be decrimped. In today's prices and the huge number of new shooters today, I would bet price would be near $300/k, but only a guess. Also, all material costs have gone up also.

·
Registered
9,430 Posts
It IS great brass.....tuff! I'm guessing lo 20 cents per ea if NOT crimped, non burp gun fired. I do have some stashed....:)

·
Registered
842 Posts
About 5 years ago, I acquired 500 rounds of ammo from the AMU. Loaded with 75 grain A-Max, all were in IMI brass with some sort of ball powder that I think was probably 2520. The amazing thing about this ammo was that out of a 26” barrel, it made 3080 FPS average. Yes, out of a 5.56. It was loaded long, so was intended to be fired single loaded off of a sled, but this stuff was super accurate with many groups going under 1/2” wish I had a few thousand more of that, but alas, it’s all gone. I did figure how to duplicate it though. Same brass, Wolf SRMs primers, CFE-223 powder, and 80 grain Sierra MKs easily break 3000 FPS and shoot like a house afire out of my 26” Hawk Hill 7.5 twist barrel. I’ll not give the powder weight for fear some one might break an expensive rifle following my recipe, but you can work up from 23 grains in a strong bolt action while reading primer flattening and signs of stiff bolt lift. Till your satisfied that you’ve reached max. As always when discussing load data, your results may vary.
Wayne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts