Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to Sportsman's Warehouse and the shelves were full of ammo with prices maybe 15% lower than 2 months ago. I only bought some 380 acp but tomorrow I am going down to start to rebuild my reloading supplies, i.e. 9 mm and 223.

One guy said they are going to tax us of ammo, and I said it isn't the government it is the manufactures and distributors making a premium while they can on their product. From his response, it he really didn't believe me, but it is the truth because the same thing happened 6 years ago.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Look at the prices for lead and copper in the past 5 or 6 years. Not to mention getting Remington out of backruptcy and up running.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
I think guys are going to the Sportsman's Warehouse on the south side of Indy just to look at the ammo. They've got limits on some of it but there's more than I've seen for a long time. There was a guy walking around like he was in a trance just mumbling over and over "ammo..... ammo.... ammo". OK, so that was me, but they've got ammo.

And they had primers and powder............ some of which the above-mentioned guy got before they ran out.

·
Premium Member
5,315 Posts
I was in Rural King again this morning and they had tons of 9mm,40,45acp and even a big pile of .380 ammo I think most of the 50rnd boxes of 9mm fmj was about $20 a box. They had a bunch of 22lr ammo as well and a little hunting ammo but not much.

·
Registered
9,185 Posts
What were the primer prices Doug?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
More news - bad again. Jsut saw in the Dec 21 issue of American Rifleman that the Pres is having the State Dept. ban the importation of any ammo made in Russia. Better stock up as the supply will get worse, especially for any 7.62x39 or similar rounds.

·
Administrator
13,014 Posts
Tinman I thought that ban has already been in effect for awhile now? I know we haven't seen Tula ammo in quite some time. Used to sell a boatload of it in 5 56 and 7.73x39.

·
Administrator
3,990 Posts
That ban has been in effect for some time now. The primer prices sound almost like they were before the shortage to me for this area. Perhaps about $10 per thousand higher.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts