Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, sportsfans: I got a Q:

I've come to use the Imperial sizing wax, and I agree it works pretty well, and is the least 'messy'. I've also come to like to lube the insides of case necks on a few cartridges, mainly the Ackleys. It greatly reduces the effort of pulling the expander button out of the case. So, that means the lube pad/Q-tip deal along with the Imperial wax. or just rolling the neck exterior on the pad along with wiping the neck interior with the lube soaked Q-tip.

So, I'm curious how others do this, if you do it at all.
-West out.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I use powdered graphite. I got an empty snuff can from a buddy that chews, and fill it about 2/3 full with some no.9 shot. Then pour in couple of teaspoons of powered graphite in it, cap it and shake up the contents. That distributes the graphite over the shot. Then, when you need inside lube the necks, just push the case down into the graphite covered shot a couple of times, and you are done. Works well for me.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aye guys, thanks for the replys. I have some graphite, don't know why I didn't think of it. I'll give it a shot ....pun intended,.,...
-West out

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've used molly with the shot. works great. Now I have Lanolin & Heet 99% alcohol. Spray it on the mouths while they are in the shell holder. Gets inside and out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts