Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Every time you go ater Coyotes at Night; something odd happens.
Otis the Cat has been MIA for 4 days, so They may have finally got him. Sorry to say.

I went over there about 9 pm and Spotted Eyes a couple hundred yards away, for maybe 1 seconds. Coyote just blew out and never looked back like they usually do. Hung around about an hour and nothing showed up except Sprinkles. I was hunting out of my Geo, but it cut the range down to about 50 yards.
Rain stopped, but I was worn out and left.
Neighbor has a 25 acre field on way home so I Scanned it. Rain had stopped and I spotted a Coyote maybe 200 yds away. Looked my way and kept on messin around. I am Right in Front of Neighbors house about 100 ft away. I eased the Geo out in the field to get out of neighbors yard...running Lateral to the Coyote and it Laid Down and put his head on its Paws. 10 minutes of waiting for it to stand up....can't wait any more and Fire. I see it Spin and disappear.
I just drive home because I didn't want to cause any more disturbance by shining Lights around.
Came back this morning and it's out there DRT.
Some folks hate on VMax but I think they are the Best. Or Bestest.

I don't have a Thermal, just a decent NV with a Real good IR light.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Ole Otis probably just making the rounds, or maybe he fell in love and went to her place to live.
Good job on the coyote.

Reactions: Grandad

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
Good shot!!......I shoot a lot of vmax..20,22, 6 and 6.5 and they all do a damn good job. I have been shooting a bunch of Nosler BT 55g out of my AR for a while since I got it cheap a while back and it works well too. It is almost gone and I'll go back to the vmax for it.

·
Administrator
13,020 Posts
Yes, there's a lot of red Hornady boxes on my shelf as well. I shoot some Sierras here and there, more for match bullets, but find the Vmax are almost if not as accurate anyway. Still shooting some Nosler BT's, Accubonds and Partitions on deer/elk sized critters but will probably go back to the ole cup and core Hornady Interlocks since they work just as well. Dead is dead.

Hope Otis shows...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Ole Otis is just like one of the family, I was hoping JR would bring him to the lodge in June so we could all meet him…….

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Ohhhh, I hope Otis is just on a Walkabout.

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Don't know if that's the entrance or exit wound in the photo, but it appears to be a darned big hole. I'd say stick with that bullet and don't look back. As for Otis, he didn't get as old as he is by being stupid, right, and it's not like the yotes are new in your area. He's OK.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts