Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was updating Windows today, and accidently updated my Internet Explorer to 7. I hate the way it shows my pages, so I tried to recover my computer to an earlier date, but it says it can't.

Is there any way to get rid of this explorer, and go back to my old one, or at least can I change it to work/act like my old one? Now, I can't just delete temporary internet files, and leave the cookies. It want's to delete the temp's, history, and cookies all at one time.:mad:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Easily done, Jerry!

Just go into control panel and select Add/Remove Programs.

Scroll down to IE7 and get rid of it.

Your old version of IE will be the default version after IE7 is gone.

Steve

*Forgot to add, anytime you do a Windows update, look for extra stuff. Microsoft isn't the only company guilty of trying to add crap on to your computer, so keep a sharp eye out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is pretty easy....

Just go to add or remove programs and select IE7 and like magic IE 6 will be back. Go to Microsoft.com and search for Internet Explorer Rollback and there is a tool that will allow you to block IE7 from auto downloading if you so wish. One piece of advice , get Firefox and never look back.

Keith

·
Registered
79 Posts
You can also set your preferences so Windows doesn't automatically install updates, so you get the chance to think about it in advance.

When IE7 went public I downloaded and installed it, it crashed all the time where my previous version was fairly stable, and some of the new security features are welcome, while some others were just a pain in the butt.

I had Firefox 1.5 already installed, but it lacked a few features that IE6 had that I liked, I heard the Firefox 2.0 was out and tried it, they had fixed the things that I didn't like in the previous version, so I've gone to Firefox 2.0 as my default browser, you might take a look at it!

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts