Varmint Hunters Forum banner

It’ Thursday Morn, Y’all

1K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  koger 
#1 ·
Well, not really but tomorrow I have to crawl under the deck again and it won’t be pretty. I was under it yesterday to fix a burst copper pipe for the sillcock. It froze last winter because I forget to shut ’er down before the freeze came. I thought I fixed it on Wednesday but when I turned the water on inside it was spraying like a Dean in Colorado sprinkler. I was going to go back under the deck but then the heavens opened to pit an end to our drought. So I have to get my butt in gear and get to it first thing on the morrow or I won’t get to it. Crawling on crushed limestone just doesn’t mix well with this old back. Now if the pipe drained and the rain dies up it should be a quick fix; quick but sore.

#2 ·
70° here in Upstate NY this morning, the stars are out and it is kind of nice. The high temperature for today is to get up to around 81°and we have a chance of showers or possible thunderstorms for today.

I got Up Home yesterday morning and I caught five small mouth bass and lost one other one. Nothing large but I had a lot of fun and it was nice to get out for a time. I came back home to fixing a laptop for a customer and one of the trustees of the gun club stopped and took some scrap metal. We had a thunderstorm that was quite strong for about 15 minutes and that was it for rain yesterday. Today I will do some paperwork and then I think I will take the rest of the day loafing. We have picked up four new members at the gun club in the past week and that is a help to us.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

#3 ·
A good Thursday morning to all. 72 now heading to mid 80's later with some possibilities. I am not getting a whole lot accomplished with heat and humidity the way its been this summer, but if it doesn't get done this summer I'll have something to look forward to next summer!!! Sorry to hear about your aunt Sam, hope Dean gets rain and relief from back pain. Prayers to all and country. Mike

#4 ·
Mornin boys...
Looks like its in the low 70s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Another hot 1 yesterday and maybe same today. Its been raining is spots
through the county about every day but we aint got much here at the house.
Aint for sure what I'll get into today but I'm sire it'll be a mess...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

#5 ·
Good morning all. Skipping the pancake joint for another early start at the golf yard. Went to a grandson’s graduation open house last night. He knows where he’s going to college to study physics but doesn’t know if his classes will be online or not. He said it’s up to the professors. Luckily, the college is local.
Off to the golf yard hoping it’s not too wet. Have a good day.

#6 ·
Good morning from Waseca, currently it's 57 and clear, high is 79. Another great day.
I managed to accomplish nothing yesterday, it was hard but I did it. Need to get better organized today. I need to make a post office run and I have a dinner invite later.
I have my right arm in a sling to let the torn muscle heal best it can. That really complicates getting real work done.
Coffee is ready, better get moving,
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

#7 ·
morning all. 51 here with FOG! Finally got some humidity in the air, dew point is 51 also, high for today around 78 with more chances of rain. Got a little in places yesterday, but still really dry in others.
Just more sprinkler work yesterday, and have at least one for this morning. Also worked on one of the hay swathers yesterday for a bit.
Whacked a few p-dogs yesterday also!
My back is doing alot better, not 100% yet but can work again. Thanks for the prayers!
Have a great day and be careful out there.
GOD BLESS. Dean

#8 ·
Good morning varmints. It's around 70 here and feels much cooler since we had some rain last night. A storm rolled thru about 4PM. Rained a fair amount here, but areas east of us got pummeled. Lots of flooding pics on Freak Book. The rain brought much cooler temps. The cool breeze last evening sure felt nice compared to the last week or so. I didn't get anything done except making dinner. We had sous vide country style ribs that I finished on the smoker, with beans and scalloped potatoes. Lillie even cleaned her plate. We did look for the comet about 10pm when the clouds cleared. I found it, but thin clouds made it pretty dim. It's moving higher and more left of the dipper. It's supposed to be closest to earth today. Better hurry, it won't be back around for 6,800 years, so don't expect to see it again.

Ken, try that kinesiology tape for your bicep. You can find it at the drug store. Neighbor recommended it to me when I hurt my bicep cutting wood this spring. Made a big difference. Alleviated the pain and helped it heal faster, I think.

Well, I really need to get busy and get stuff off my plate here at work. Still chugging along from home. Better get after it. Have a good one.

Charlie

#9 ·
A good morning to all of you boardirs from up here on the northern Red River Valley. Thought I’d check in and let you know I’m still kicking, just not making much dust.
Had a cool front pass through yesterday and it cooled down into the sixties last night, down right damn comfortable for a change.
we had 27 days of temps 85 and above . High humidity and plenty of rain and high winds , brutal weather and I was beginning to think I was living in Florida.
Hope your day is a good one, be safe and Gods Blessing to all.

#10 ·
Like many others, we got a bit of rain last night, although not much. It's in the low 70's this morning and will still probably make 90º today. We still have one lone purple martin chick who hasn't fledged yet. It's beginning to look like it make not survive, but there is nothing we can do. Nature is what it is. I expect to be home and indoors most of today chained to the desk catching up on my check register which is about a year behind.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

#11 · (Edited)
Great morning folks,

Currently 54° with a big clear sky and only 82° for a high out here in the wiles of Wyoming.

Busy day yesterday. Got a couple chores done first thing. Fixed a hook for a trailer chain by whacking it with a hammer. Poked some holes in the bed mat of the truck and secured it down. It had blown up into the goose neck hitch on the trip. It the mid day Debra Dearest & I wandered around some of the usual spots in the desert to pick up brass.

Just before dinner Doug and I went to the local gun shop. I knew going in I would be walking out with a Midland folding 20ga Backpacker 18.5" barrel & screw in choke. I wasn't sure what else would fill my hands. I had a choice between two left hand bench rifles. A Nesika in 7-06 or a Panda in 6ppc. The Nesika had an odd stock & would need to be rebarreled. I left with a pretty emerald green Panda at a low price that would make you right hand guys weep.
It will need some Kelbley rings & glass.

Last but of the day found all of us at the nearby ice cream shop for a treat.

DD has some sewing machine work for this morning. I will probably be cleaning a Panda rifle. More adventuring later today.

#12 ·
Good morning everyone. Back in the shop today after taking yesterday off. WE drove my daughter to her friends house and they were going on down to the Somerset area for the weekend. On the way back we stopped at the Sportsman warehouse where they got more of my money. I picked up 500 .40 bullets and some large pistol primers. I was looking for small pistol and there was none to be had. There was plenty of LR primers. I found a box of federal 205M for $27 so I bought those. I will just use small rifle primers in my pistols I guess until I find the right ones. Picked up another set of electronic muffs for the wife or daughter to use too. On the way back we got hammered with rain around Cincy on top of some roadwork slowdown.
We got home and I cooked a couple of ribeyes on the grill then we watched tv for a while. I need to get back on cleaning up my reloading area and loading some ammo real soon.

Hope everyone has a good day!

#13 ·
Hi Ho from the mid Land.....twixt Doug and Mike. We have been blessed w a decent bit of rain. 1 1/2 plus Tuesnight and Wed AM early then while we were gone to Indy, another half inch. Corn is making ears, beans are stretching up. A real blessing.
Doc froze some skin tags, looked around on both wife and self. All clear. Thank you Jesus.
We stopped at friend's place on way into town and din w another couple down from Muncie. Coming home, traffic on I65 was at a standstill around Columbus. I think they were making a lift or demoing something on a county rd overpass. Not a wreck. Lasted abt 25 mins.
Selling a few primers to a KY guy Sat. He will be returning from an Fclass shoot at Atterberry and swing by.
Phase II census trng today in Bloomington for a couple of hours. Taking the laptop to see if anyone can get it to connect w my wifi. Prob a snap for George. Hope it will run like my tablet. Will prolly need it for online training.
Time for a cup.
Cooler, very cloudy and a bit of a breeze. Kinda nice, even w humidity. To out

#14 ·
Morning Gents! Its 77º and cloudy here headed for the upper 80's. There are chances for pop up showers in the afternoon.

We spent most of the day yesterday working on a disc. That "small" chance of afternoon showers dumped about 1-1/2 inches of rain on us in the afternoon.

Not sure what today holds. My buddies Wife is off today and they are going shopping for a gun. They recently took a concealed carry class and he wants to buy her a carry pistol. I think me and the Wife may go for a ride and spend the afternoon acting like teenagers.

Prayers offered for those in need.

You'll have a good one.

#15 ·
Good later morning from the sticks of Kentucky.
Shane, I was in Sportsmen whse a couple weeks ago and there was not a Small Rifle primer in the place. No Powder except the black powder replacement stuff. No Pistol ammo cept for .40.
I did buy 4,000 primers at Ky Gun Co. In Bardstown a couple days ago. And some other odds and ends.
Maybe I have enough to get me to the end of the line. 5.56 ammo is going to become the New Currency.

Mr. 2 Feathers is doing good it seems, we been wondering about you. Thought you might have moved to Minneapolis.

Yesterday, I cut a field of hay with hope it might help make it Rain. Hasn't worked yet. Hooking up hay fluffer in a few minutes and greasing it thoroughly. Hay cutter needs all new blades before the next field. Help Dean...
.y'all be safe today. JR

Wear a Mask!

#16 ·
Jr I have enough small rifle primers to last a while. They had more Large rifle that I thought they would and a couple boxes of the CCI5.56 primers also some RL16,17 powders. Pistol ammo was like you stated but all I seen was 10mm. They had a decent supply of pistol bullets as well . About same way here at the local RK all you'll find is some oddball pistol stuff.
I have a stash of Surplus 45acp ammo I bought probably in 92 time frame from centerfire systems in KY. I think I paid around $100 for 840 rounds. It's all stamped 1942 and still goes bang.
I was slacking on the pistol reloading supply but got enough to get by.

Yesterday bottled water was being horded as the town had a major water line break and pretty much the whole town was off and the run for water was on. Now we are on a boil advisery until further notice. Water was out for about 24 hours.

#17 ·
Morning all, 79 headed to 84, a little break for a change. Got a lot done yesterday in the shop, cleaned up reloading bench, casting bench, bedded my CZ 527 and floated the barrel.. More gun work to be done today, have 3 jobs hoping to get done by Friday. JR my fields are looking pretty good, we got a good rain day before yesterday, and another one on tap today. I sprayed my fields and most of the weeds are gone or dying, constant job to stay after. The wife named the Don M gun the lipstick gun, cause that is the color of the stock. Shot my 8x58 Rem. Rolling block some more yesterday, hit a pop can 3 for3 at 150yds, open sights, leaning against a post. This is fast becoming one of my all time favorite guns. You all have a good day, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.