Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning from the dark side of the Chesapeake . Up and about , pretty much a restless night . Today is the day. 7:30 AM operating time . Doubt I'll be on for a while all depends was thinking it was going to be laparoscopic doctors nurse yesterday said different. . Anyway have a good one and I see you on the rebound .
JW

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 62 going to 80 and still dry. My Prayers are with you JW. Had a good visit with a cousin and his wife yesterday, first visitors I've had for quite awhile. See what today brings my way. Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
Mornin boys...
Will be praying for you Jim...
Mid 60s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Well...I missed a pretty good 8 pt yesterday evening.
He came in when it was about last light, in the woods
but still should have got him. He was around 25 yards and I guessed 30
Clean miss, found my arrow in a little tree right behind him.
Had a good time anyway and he'll still be there for another day.
YOu all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, I managed to oversleep, must be tired from doing nothing.
Computer is on the final countdown of restoring files and I can get back to work.
It is a chilly 45 degrees this morning, clear and 60 later. I am getting close to the point where I have to turn the heat on.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
morning all. 24 with maybe 50 later and wind...again. Slight chance of precip. later in the day. Might warm up over the weekend.
Helped move neighbors cows to the corral yesterday, then he shipped them to the sale barn for todays' sale.
Did chores and got a couple more antifreezes checked around the farm.
Prayers for JW and others with health issues, those traveling and our country.
Have a great day, be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Prayers for JW today….
Kermit….we all miss now and then. At least you were out there.
Dean, the cattle market has really been good here the last week or so.
I’m getting ready to go to OKC this morning. Another infusion today and then lunch with old friend. We were best man at one another’s weddings a few years ago, and roomed together until I kicked him out to move wifey in.…..LOL. His wife passed suddenly a few years ago and is now remarried.
You boys be careful out there today.

Organism Font Photo caption Darkness Brand

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Administrator
12,745 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 60 and clear here for a change, headed to upper 70's later. Going to be a nice day. The 2nd half of Oct. looks to be a bit cooler. Might have to bring in some wood and get the chimney and stove ready before I leave for SD. The good thing is, cooler weather will help the deer hunting. They're not moving much in daylight here. I hunted last night at a new spot on the farm we've been hunting. Big acorn flat. Some deer sign there, no rubs or scrapes yet. I did see a few does in the distance.

Well, the resistance is starting...SW airlines pilots started it. Now American Airlines. Media said it was a "weather thing". F%$#ing Liars! What you don't realize is the media is not broadcasting all the other COVID protests from around the world. Italy, France, Australia, etc. We're being treated like mushrooms...kept in the dark and fed a bunch of bull$hit. Hopefully we can end this soon and get our country back. "LET'S GO BRANDON!!!"

Building Sky Infrastructure Automotive lighting Car

Prayers sent Jim. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Just got an email from a friend and told me to go to U tube and search “Antelope Hills, Oklahoma”. Short video of historic hills 5 miles south of the ranch here. You can see some of our farmland in the distance on the video. You guys can see what ole JR had to look at for a couple of days here.

Reactions: Grandad

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Good morning. Cool and overcast in Indy. Not a lot going on here today. Had to shut down a credit card after somebody tried to use it to make a $435 hotel reservation online or by phone. Didn’t get stuck with that but there are several things hit the card monthly and they all have to get the new account number. PITA!

Going to burn some gunpowder indoors shortly. Better than nothing… barely.

Have a good day.

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
Good morning everyone....nice and cool but headed to about 80° today. Didn't do much after I got home last night but sit around and watch tv and ate dinner. Ended up going to bed early and I think I hard a harder time getting up and moving this morning.
MY daughter is sick again for the second time in a few months. Both times tested negtive for covid but somekind of virus they said and just gave her something for the cough.
Working on knuckle boom the last few days and got the cracks welded just need to replace on the the legs on the trailer when I get a piece of tube and figure out how to mount the saw and table onto the trailer as well.

Charlie your spot on about the news not even a peeps about all the protests everywhere. Only what they want you to see and hear.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Just a touch past 60 with sunshine in the hollow this morning. Maybe into the low 80's by afternoon before cooling down this weekend. Probably the last 80 we'll see for a while. Spent some time at the range yesterday with more than a little frustration. I'm having trouble forming brass for a new PPC and tried using a tighter bushing. The results were disastrous. When you can't get a PPC to group smaller that a nickel you have a problem. Sent some brass to Harrell's for a new die which should get here soon and I'll try things again. When you have problems with reloading as with most other things in life, there is a learning opportunity. Have to be at the dentist office in about an hour, so I'd better get moving.

G'day Y'all,
Rick
"let's go Brandon"

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 72º and cloudy here headed for the low 80's with chances for rain.

We spent most of yesterday at the Doctors place helping the dozer guy. Doc bought some Duck blinds that he wanted to put along the banks of the Bayou. This will give them the opportunity to hunt in green timber but I'm not sure how well that will work when the bayou floods. The dozer guy is a good ole boy and we hung around after we quit yesterday and had a beer or two with him.

Not much planned for today. I need to start packing for Deer camp and gather up all of my muzzleloading stuff. And go shoot it. The Wife wants to go see the oldest Granddaughter and take her out for her birthday.

Special prayers for the Hedgehoghunter. Hoping your surgery goes well.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, out country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Hope the surgery goes well, JW. And Bruce, have a safe trip to OKC and the visit with your old buddy. Got some leaves mulched up yesterday just before the rains came. Perfect timing. We are looking to have a couple of days of rain, then the temperatures drop. Not ready for Winter to come yet. Friday is scheduled to have a our flu shots in the afternoon.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Prayers and a question…..how do you operate on a hedgehog? And good luck to Bruce. Kermit, look at the up side of missing….you can shoot again and laugh about it without dragging and butchering. You didn’t ruin a good hunting season. Many years ago when I worked for the Detroit Italians, I would finish the milk route and then go to the woods, lean against a tree to sleep, and I called that squirrel hunting. When it got dark, I’d go home.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Morning all, 70 headed to 79 today. Got a full schedule today, need to put up 2 deer blinds and cameras, got the feeders filled yesterday. Also need to shoot our MLs and make sure they are on, 2 day season this weekend. Guy brought a new .AR 10-308 down, wont cycle. I took it apart, gas port was correct size, no leakage, no problems could I find. Then I tried to fire 2 rounds, barley could pull the bolt back and extract the brass, chamber was rough as a cobb. He is coming today to pick it up and send it back to the place he bought it. Some serious scrapes on the brass. Got to get moving, JW prayers sent for your operation and recovery and anyone else in need, Buff out.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Noontime greetings from Corbin Kentucky, the home of Col. Harlan Sanders of Chicken fame. My late Mother knew him well and didn't like him. Said he was a Buffoon and Skirt Chaser. Sounded like a good guy to me.
All the Japanese techs in Jackson's workplace have the Original Store on their bucket list to visit when they come over here for a 6 month tour.
(Along with Strip Bars) ...Jackson used to be the "Tour Guide" because he spoke Jap.

I came along w JB to Corbin just to get a change of scenery. Doug Robert's, I fired a bunch of rounds through my old M700 PD rifle yesterday, just cause I can. Then switched to 9mm and Koger bullets and fired some of those.

Plant Tree Grass Shade Swing

What could possibly go wrong??

Cows are all in the correct fields today and eating grass. Francisco, I like that Squirrel hunting story....we have no Squirrel this year due to Zero mast last winter, and the Damhawks got the stragglers.

Have a Safe day and we hope to hear good news from Joez and Hedgehog.
And
Let's Go Brandon....

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Sitting here waiting on the DrainO to do its job. Nurse stuck needle in my port and couldn’t get any blood for lab sample. Said the port was probably clogged up and needed some cleaner In it. I told her to use drainO. She laughed and said well it works like drainO. Have to wait 30 minutes and try it again.
Oh well….

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Didn't know you had a port. Never had one after 12 years and three different drug protocols for melanoma. They just stick me, and I'm sure glad it's not trained leeches. Had some very good nurses over the years. Been a lot of turnover lately, mostly been driven by COVID.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Old Bruce has some Rough neighbors down there.
I went from the Antelope Hills video (near his house) suggested to THIS ONE. Comanche Nation.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts