Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see if I choke 馃お
Best target knobs I've felt or heard....the HD glass im pretty sure stands for Hey Dude...but the forest service is doing a control burn so its way smokey right now.

my continuing quest for a great scope CHEAP!......To be continued
Sunglasses Eyewear Tints and shades Automotive design Auto part

Product Camera lens Cameras & optics Eyewear Camera accessory

Registered
My son ordered a Athlon Argos 6x24x50 FFP with a MOA reticle and we stuck it on the Savage 6.5cm I gave him. Nice big knobs with pretty firm clicks and a zero stop. I was pretty impressed. It was between $3-400 I think.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My son ordered a Athlon Argos 6x24x50 FFP with a MOA reticle and we stuck it on the Savage 6.5cm I gave him. Nice big knobs with pretty firm clicks and a zero stop. I was pretty impressed. It was between $3-400 I think.
Heleos will be my next one ...unless this thing suprises me. Its supposed to have hd Japan glass

Registered
Ain鈥檛 no such thing a a controlled burn in my party of the country鈥

Registered
Curious for an honest review...seems like most reviews are getting a kick back.

Reactions: george in KY

Registered
I'm sure it's good enough for Hunting and Normal use but some of "US" Ain't Normal.
For MY own personal uses, I am more interested in a Scope that Holds Zero under ROUGH usage than one that is as clear as a "March."
I had to Re-Zero my old Nikon that sits on my AR 15 after a couple "Misses" today. It's tough but not bulletproof.
Those old POS "Trueglow" scopes that Coyote George used to push were clear enough for me, but wouldn't hold Zero if you sneezed.
It's hard to get all the Boxes Checked on a Chinese Scope that are cheap enough for us poor folks. We can't all afford $6K scopes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure it's good enough for Hunting and Normal use but some of "US" Ain't Normal.
For MY own personal uses, I am more interested in a Scope that Holds Zero under ROUGH usage than one that is as clear as a "March."
I had to Re-Zero my old Nikon that sits on my AR 15 after a couple "Misses" today. It's tough but not bulletproof.
Those old POS "Trueglow" scopes that Coyote George used to push were clear enough for me, but wouldn't hold Zero if you sneezed.
It's hard to get all the Boxes Checked on a Chinese Scope that are cheap enough for us poor folks. We can't all afford $6K scopes.
It has a problem with the illumination
On higher power the illumination is blurry
Like it has a smug on one of the inside lenses reflecting light .now you can't till at all till flip on the reticle power.
Contacted them and they are sending me a return label...we'll see how that goes

Registered
I have a young friend who shoots PRS, and has had great success with his. His is as clear as scopes costing 6x the $450 he gave. The only fault I have with them, as they are heavy and big.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a young friend who shoots PRS, and has had great success with his. His is as clear as scopes costing 6x the $450 he gave. The only fault I have with them, as they are heavy and big.
36 oz not for a hunting gun! Its heavy duty i have high hopes for it.

Registered
I have been down the road of trying to save money on glass. There are a few up and coming on strong optic companies. I saw a number of years back that Sightron and Vortex looked to be on track.
Both of them offer a good optic at an affordable price. They cover the low end to some exceptional high end.
I have culled out any and all glass that will not track or hold zero. It鈥檚 just not worth the grief low end cheap optics cause, at least for me.

Registered
I use night force on benchrest rifles. Hunting and everyday other rifles I've been using Vortex, haven't been disappointed yet. They have a new one out that is supposed to have the same glass as the pst but I dont know much about it. Price point is pretty good from what I have seen. Haven't got one though...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The arken seems very well made i was a little disappointed in the glass quality in the SH4 but it wasn't really bad.
I contacted Arken about the illumination problem they sent me a return label to print out....i ask sent i was sending it back could i just pay the 100 difference and upgrade to the EP5 that has Japanese glass ...they said no problem we can do that ....so in the next week or 4 ill have the EP5 5-25脳56 to evaluate for you guys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.