Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose I should wait till I get photos before I post about this, but you know how "DADS" are.

Jesse (who is in US Army Baisc Training) at Ft. Jackson, S. C. called me to update me on his shooting. He is not just a "Top Gun" now. He fired a Perfect Score at the Range when they were firing for the real deal this past week. He said they call it a "Hawkeye" and it was the first perfect score fired since 2004 down there. He said they put his Photo up at the range with his hometown and really made a Big Deal over it.

He gets presented some kind of "Hawkeye" Shooting award at Graduation by the Commanding General; he is really pushing now trying to be the "Soldier of the Cycle".

I know all you KY Top Gun and Bluegrass Balloon Bust folks remember him and are pulling for him. Also, I suppose none of you are very surprised that he got this Award.....He says "Hello" to everyone on the Varmits Den especially George in KY who taught him everything he knows.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hot Diggity Dog!!!

Tell him if he not careful, they'll keep him there to teach others how to shoot.:eek:

Congrats Ya Proud Pappy You!!!:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hawkeye

This is quite an accomplishment and honor. It will be a shame if the Army doesn't utilize his shooting skill in some "extra" manner. Like shooting instructor or rifle teams or such. However, shooting instructors eventually get very bored with that job. Rifle team shooting is better, lot's of travel and adventure. He is really a STANDOUT individual. Keep us posted. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Jesse is just like his Mom=[g]

Well alright then - only joking= but Jesse has
the best of genes from both sides
of the family tree-can't beat our ole down home KY-TN gene pool for
basic God fearing -high moral good, good people
We all apreciate Jesse and his service so all of us
can go to work each day and be free=
thanks Jesse and the whole Carter family
Doc :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yee Yaw..

.. now that's a real nice acomplishment. You should be proud of your son, he's da man alright! We need more like him.

.. Congrats!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Outstanding! that is something to be very proud of. Tell him congrats and thanks for his service. I once spent a lifetime over a 12 week period on Tank Hill at Ft Jackson. The barracks were WW-II leftovers and it was always 95*plus temps and every living creature stung or bit, lovely place indeed,,,,,,:eek:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congratulations to you and congratulations and sincere thanks for his service to your son.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hooah! Tell him that we're all proud of him! If he's headed for Iraq, tell him to stay safe!

Old fat retired NCO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.