Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you fella's would think about creating a seperate forum on here titled "Coffee Shop". I figure it would be a great place for members to post all OT stuff. It seems like it would work and then the Varmint Forum would be more concentrated on the initial reasons we all visited this site.

I understand that it would be a departure from the old ways of doing business, but what the heck, this is like a new beginning for everyone.

Just a thought from a rambling poster...

Thanks for your efforts,

Steve

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
We're probably going to do something along those lines, but I've got to keep the total number of fourms manageable.. we still have to police things.

Sure do like your Avatar! Too cool

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mike,

Another vote for a separate sandbox for the general shoot-the-breeze stuff. Dunno if anyone has an idea for a catchy hunting related name for it... I've seen ones called 'The Tavern', 'The Bear Pit', etc. Maybe a contest for the best name? :D

I do agree on not getting too out of control w/ the number of forums and sub forums (www.accuratereloading.com is a prime example of sub-dividing gone wild), but I think four (main discussion areas) is not to many. Then again, I'm not the one having to ride herd on this mangy bunch, so take it for what its worth!

Thanks,

Monte

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike,

Thanks for the compliment on the avatar, your welcome to it if you want it.

Another thing regarding the policing...I know most sites have a main moderator or two and then a few low level guys that handle a particular forum. That's an option that might be worth exploring to lighten your loads. I'm sure there are a few computer & internet savvy folks who wouldn't mind offering some help. I'd do it, but it would make it appear as though I'm pining for a position and that's not the case...I just want to see the site grow in a healthy manner with the continued "family" approach that we all enjoy. I don't think anyone that participates on this forum knows a stranger.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts