Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As reported earlier this week, some dirt bag who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop in Florida ended up "executing" the deputy who stopped him.

The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed.

A statewide manhunt ensued.
The low-life was found hiding in a wooded area with his gun.
SWAT team officers fired and hit the guy 68 times.

Now here's the kicker... Asked why they shot him 68 times,
Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, told the Orlando Sentinel,

"That's all the bullets we had."

·
Registered
169 Posts
A swat team with only 68 bullets?

would be like an Air Force consisting of two Piper Cubs and 12 gallons of gas between them.

Seriously, I don`t know if that was a joke or the real deal, but I can say for sure that what happened to a friend 35 years ago was true.
Scotty was 65 or so when I met him. Working as a mechanic for United Distributors (the beer, wine and soda distributor for Port Angeles). He was at the time, driving a package delivery truck. Stopped at a place called four corners store near Port Townsend, and went in to buy a 6 pack for him and his swamper. As he went in, he walked past two ... uh... ETHNIC.. persons standing outside, but didn`t think much of it other than ETHNICS were rare around these parts then.

When he came out of the store with the sixer in one hand and the change in the other, one of the ethnics shoved a 1911 in his face and demanded the sixer and the change. Scotty put all 95 pounds of his weight into the sixer when he hit the .. ETHNIC in the head with it. He then picked up the 1911 and fired two into the ethnics chest as he was getting up off the ground.
The sherrif that responded later put in his report that when he asked Scotty why he shot the perp twice, Scotty stuttered a bit and said well, I guess I run outta bullets. No charges were filed. The other ethnic was never seen again,,,, (i wonder about that, considering the sentiments back in those days towards ethnics).

Scotty died of liver failure a few years ago. Locals said he never drank hard til the shooting incident. People may brag and act tough, but I expect that what happened that night had a profound effect on him. A little, gentle quiet man.
This is NOT a bs story. The rest of mine are for you to decide, ....:rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts