1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tide's puppy picture is No 1 on Google.

Go to Google and type in: Black Lab puppy

This search is world wide.

Tide's picture comes up as No 1. I have two Black Labs. Bart is Tide's father and I made a web page for both Bart and Tide.

Bart and Tide are very good hunting dogs and contribute to my health. Each morning and evening they have their timers set for our 1.5 mile walk. They don't let me forget. For the afternoon walk, I take a Russian made 20 ga single barrel along and maybe shoot a skunk to increase the pheasant population or a starling for them to fetch.

Happiness is a Black Labrador Retriever.

Here is a picture of Tide.

Good Hunting... from Varmint Al

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
up and coming???

That's great Al. I told you before you had two of the best looking labs I've ever seen. Obviously others think so too.

I have high hopes for my new chocolate Lab puppy "Mojo". Hope he turns out half as good as yours.

Charlie

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's great Al. I told you before you had two of the best looking labs I've ever seen. Obviously others think so too.

I have high hopes for my new chocolate Lab puppy "Mojo". Hope he turns out half as good as yours.

Charlie
Mojo is a beautiful chocolate pup. Nothing like puppy breath in the morning waking you up!
Labrador Retrievers regardless of color are the BEST!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
We just lost two choloate labs in 6 months, one was 16 and the other 14 , and miss them very much.
Varmint Al, My son is going to set up a web page, and I sent him to your web site, so he may be E-Mailing you if he gets in trouble.
Art

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
We just lost two choloate labs in 6 months, one was 16 and the other 14 , and miss them very much.
Varmint Al, My son is going to set up a web page, and I sent him to your web site, so he may be E-Mailing you if he gets in trouble.
Art

Have him email me if he runs into a snag. I recently posted the link to NVU pronounced N-View which is a much better HTML editor than the old FrontPage Express. It is put out by the same people who did FireFox and it is also free.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tide

Congrats, Al - you have a right to be proud of those two hounds. My personal favorite pic of Tide, however, is one on your site with the two dogs looking at you. The look on Tide's face shows how much he loves you (not that Bart doesn't, but the camera caught the Tide's rapture perfectly). I love Labs, but Goldens are my absolute favorite. Enjoy every day with them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love your Bart and Tide updates!

Personally,...I wish you'd post even more pictures of them!

I think Labs are the BEST "all around" dog you can own! Sure some breeds "might" out hunt them in the uplands,...but hunting your dog is really a small amount of time you end up spending with your dog, and in the companion department Labs have no peers! Plus,...they hold they own (and then some) in all types of hunting!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Labs like to fish as well as hunt.

Personally,...I wish you'd post even more pictures of them!

I think Labs are the BEST "all around" dog you can own! Sure some breeds "might" out hunt them in the uplands,...but hunting your dog is really a small amount of time you end up spending with your dog, and in the companion department Labs have no peers! Plus,...they hold they own (and then some) in all types of hunting!

Here is a picture of the first two roosters of 2002. I sure am proud of Bart.
I am telling him what a good job he did.

COYOTE CALLING WITH A LABRADOR RETRIEVER.... I use Bart as a coyote calling dog. While calling, he is on a very short leash tied to my belt. The leash is so that he can't bolt and get in front of the rifle's muzzle. He sits beside me watching, sniffing, and listening. He often sees the incoming coyotes before I do and when they are coming in from upwind, he smells them and lets me know with a very quiet growl. Bart has very good eyesight and can see distant movement before I can. Bart is very alert when we are calling just like he is when we are dove or duck hunting. Happiness is an all-purpose Labrador Hunting Dog!

Bart fetches trout. Went trout fishing up in the Bridgeport area with Bart. It was late season in 2003 and the water levels were very low and just right for dry fly fishing. I had been taking Bart on our coyote hunting and fishing trips. Bart is very good at spotting coyotes and other critters that come to the call. I had been letting Bart trout fish with me. I usually fish upstream with a attractor type dry fly. Bart watches the fly and when I hook a fish he gets all excited. He jumps into the water and tries to chase the hooked trout. Usually the fish are pan sized and I can lift them out onto the bank and let Bart 'fetch' them to me.

Well, on this fishing trip, I finally decided to let Bart actually fetch the fish out of the water. I was fishing the Little Walker River and all I had to do once a fish was hooked was to play it for a short time. Bart would chase it, but as long as it was below the surface, he couldn't keep track of it. So as soon as the trout became tired enough so I could bring it up to the surface, I would just hold it there. Bart would see it and go over and grab it. He would get a good hold and head for the bank. About 10 feet from the shore, I would join him and have him deliver the trout to hand. This really works well and is a lot easier than a landing net. When you have a Labrador Retriever, they want to retrieve and it doesn't matter much what it is.

Tide is not as good at fetching trout. He wants to get ahead of me and he scares the fish. Bart stays right at my side and watches the dry fly for the strike. When he sees me hook a fish, then he goes into action.

Fun to have a fishing partiner.

Good Hunting & Fishing... from Varmint Al

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Al, that pup deserves to be #1 on the search engine!:D Congrats...that is very cool.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Tide's puppy picture is No 1 on Google.

Go to Google and type in: Black Lab puppy

This search is world wide.
Al, your gorgeous pup is just trying to keep up with his master. :)

Just go to the Google Web Search page, and search for any of these terms:

Coyote Varmint Hunter
Squirrel Varmint Hunter
Rabbit Varmint Hunter
Deer Varmint Hunter
22-250 Varmint Hunter
California Varmint Hunter
Wise Varmint Hunter
Old Varmint Hunter

and then see whose web site comes up as being #1 :D

Actually, your website is even #2 on Google for these searches:

17 HMR Varmint Hunter
223 Varmint Hunter

So you see, your pup has quite a ways to go before he can catch up with your legend. :)

Lance in Orygun

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The only problem with Lab puppies....

Is that they grow up too fast. Tide is still the cutest puppy I've ever seen, and I enjoyed looking at all of Bart and Tide's pics again. Thanks for the reminder, Al, and for all you do for varminting.

Sid

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.