Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while back I picked up 2 boxes of Fiochi 204 ammo with 32g vmax to try in my Savage. I got a chance to fire off 10 rounds a bit ago. Standing at my bench off bipod at 100yards.
First 5 shot group...first round was out a little.

2nd 5 shot group after going to get a better look at the target.

I thought hell yeah and .50 a round I'm gonna order a bunch of that! A month ago I seen it everywhere......now.....nowhere.:mad:

I can find 40g in the fiochi but no 32g.

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pdog ready more like it....need about 500 of them. Coyotes are on the back burner unless I get a stupid one out in the open.....ticks....I ain't getting in the weeds!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good shooting and a good load. But you people are making me nervous (LOL) talking about Coyotes! Might be some of my relatives?

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
.20 caliber

What? A .204 that shoots good? There's a few guys here who will testify to the ability of the .20s. Doesn't Voldoc still hold the world record for a .20 caliber p dog kill?

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It shoots good for sure I was just worried about the cheap store bought ammo being junk....but I was very happy with it.

I weighed the 10 cases I shot and all was within 1gr on the extreme. The neck thickness varied some so I cleaned those up with a real light cut.

If the 32g don't come back in stock at the good prices I'll just order the 40g and hope for the best...my savage shoots 40's good just not sure about the store bought ammo.

·
Administrator
11,776 Posts
Shane, I checked our distributors and it's in stock, but my cost is WAY more than 50 cents a round. We're selling it for about $1.50 a round on our website. :eek: I don't know where you found it that cheaply, but dang that's a deal if you can find it again!

·
Registered
8,697 Posts
It looks like Tim "Hooked you up" in a big way.
15-20¢ bullet, 2.5-4¢ primer and 10¢ for 28gr of $25# pwder comes out to some cheap brass. Hope the brass has decent life.

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Tim I looked on ammograb.com looks like it's in stock there and about the same price.

·
Registered
8,697 Posts
If the brass is top quality it could pay to buy and pull it down....then form to a fave chambering...just a thought to keep retired hands $$ efficiently productive.

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got 500 rounds ordered from White Birch Armory... thanks again Tim.

I'm sure the brass will be fine for reloading too...I think I got some .223 brass with the same headstamp….for what it is going to do it will work fine.

·
Administrator
11,776 Posts
dang, it doesn't look like it even comes in boxes of 20, which was what our website said.:rolleyes: Looks like our price is only a little bit higher after all. Glad you found it. I took a guy groundhog hunting from FL the other year. He had an AR in 223 shooting Fiochi Vmax. Was making consistent hits over 300. I was impressed.

·
Registered
8,697 Posts
A bud sent me a similar set of tgt pix using the same ammo,
a sale Savage from Christmas.
It really sets the bar up there for a Rugger. I fwd the purchase info supplied by Tim.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts