Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
7,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And I might add a lot of Vengance.
I have talked a lot about my Cat, Otis the past years. Some y'all know already, Otis was Killed by Coyotes on December 30 2022. Killed in the middle of an open field probably on the way back from neighbors house who threw out a good buffet every day.
Cat Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Whiskers Carnivore

About 5 years old here.
Felidae Wood Dog breed Small to medium-sized cats Flooring

Felidae Lion Carnivore Big cats Fawn

Cat Sky Felidae Carnivore Window

This past year after overcoming some health problems.

He was a Special Cat known by all the neighbors. I Don't know how he made it this long being a real TomCat roaming around. Bad sick last year, but he pulled through after a lot of Meds.
Plant Dog Tree Sky Carnivore

Sky Cat Felidae Carnivore Sunlight

I have been trying to Avenge his death ever since and the Coyotes met their Death early this morning. I had them on trail cam several times and had a foot in a snare couple weeks ago but was a Gotaway.
Vertebrate Dog breed Carnivore Dog Mammal

Male weighted 43# and was a bad ass.
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Grass

I sure miss Otis and never had one like him. Went from a wild Woods Animal to a Lapsitter over a 2 year period. About 10 years old.
RIP little buddy.

· Administrator
1,997 Posts
JR, I sure am sorry to hear that, somehow I missed it and today was the first I knew of it. I truly hope that you can extract a bunch more vengeance on more of the culprits. Make them pay a high price for that.
My house is the next to last before the very edge of town and I often see coyote tracks in and around our yard. I live in constant fear that one will catch one of our Chijauajuas out side and maul it to death. When I or the wife put hem outside you can't always stand guard over them, I sure would hate to have that happen.

· Registered
2,924 Posts
I didn’t realize Otis was gone. Sounds like he did a lot of living in his 10 years. He obviously made you happy and I, for one, enjoyed the stories and pictures from “his” house.

· Registered
382 Posts
I am so sorry JR, I knew of Otis's passing and how much he meant to you. Good start on them bastard coyotes. My buddy out at the holler has trapped 9 since Jan 1, maybe more, that is the last count i heard from him.

· Registered
7,693 Posts
I, too, missed the news about Otis. I remember late last year seeing some pictures where he got into some bad food or something and dang near died. He looked real bad there for a spell, but bounced back. Damn coyotes just caught him out while he was still recuperating, I bet. You need to go get that cat you showed us the other week.

In the meantime, congrats on taking a little vengeance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts