Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like to armchair or try and second guess anything or anyone. If a video card driver was acting up or bad the computer would boot you just wouldn't have any image on your screen. As far as warranting anything on a computer software is never warranted only hardware. The reason being is who is to say what a user does with a computer.

Without seeing the computer what I might do is save the user data and reload the OS which when you do it reloads the drivers.

I remember one customer I had and no longer do. He was a big gamer and wanted to have a new computer built. He told me he had found this company down south that would give him a lifetime warranty on anything going wrong with the computer. All he would have to do is ship it to them when anything happened to it, and they would fix it at no charge. He said I would like to have you build it for me if you could give me the same warranty. I told him you better have that company build it for you!

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
You're exactly right in everything you said here, Bruce. Apparently the computer was booting OK, but about 5-10 seconds into the boot sequence the screen would go black. When that happens, it becomes pretty much impossible for the average home user to figure things out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts