Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much to tell, big doe came in with 2 others, at 25yds, broker her neck, bang flop! I love ML hunting. She was a huge old doe, #130 or so gutted, I usually make a doe look little but not this girl, will send Charlie a couple of pics. After I shot her I had 7 deer within 100yds, in a wide open field. Also had 13 turkeys come by this morning. Wife and I saw 8 tonight, but no shot opportunities were happening.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will be buck hunting tomorrow, wife is hunting too, hope springs eternal Mike.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you look at the doe hanging there, the slug came out thru the right ribs. That was after going thru the neck completley, thru the rib cage with a snuff can size hole, thru the vitals, and a silver dollar size exit hole. I have never recovered one of these 300 gr slugs, from 25 yds to 280 yds thru both shoulders. Thanks for posting pics Charlie and for all the comments. It is getting harder for me to get around with 2 forearm crutches but I will hunt as long as I can manage it, I love it so much.

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
That Is a Big gal. You wont be buying as much high priced beef this winter. Keep at it Amigo.

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
Fat as he was, Tucker probably could have run him down and slit his throat. ;)

·
Administrator
3,041 Posts
Sam, keep at it as it will help you stay young. Everyone is getting some nice deer this year.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
All these Corn Fed Deer will look nice in the freezer.
Paula out did you Sam.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep, will make close to #100 of burger, that is a lot of chili, Lasagna, burritos and tacos, soup over the next year. Yep JR she usually outdoes me because she takes all my best places to hunt. LOL This made her 20th deer with a ML rifle. I have a lot of buddies who are supposed to be deer hunters who cannot say that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts