Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I am looking for someone who makes or sells Magazines for Marlin .22 magnum rifles. I am looking for 10round, 15round(preferred) or any others that are available. Can anyone help me/

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have looked in.............

the catalogs of maybe a dozen major firearms and parts distributors and none of them have anything listed in the way of high capacity mags for Marlin rifles.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a few Ideas?

Thanks for your response fellas!
A few ideas.
1) The chinese are making lots of stuff at the moment like CZ bruno metal .22 mags (15 rnds), unfortunatly easy to rust ones with weak springs that like to fall apart now and then. Perhaps If someone explained we had a demand then some engineering company over ther would pre fab them.

2) I have the same problem with my Austrian Tyrol (old cut rifled barred bolt action very accurate.) After much searching I found a Bloke that made them in South Africa but was restricted by his countries laws from exporting them.
perhaps one day if I have lots of money and If Australian gun restrictions don't get worse I pay to have him email the specs over to China an get a few made that way.

If you hear anything please let me know.
Kirk Nairn
[email protected]

·
Registered
960 Posts
Tube mag

It does not fix your mag problem but what about the tubular mag Marlins in 22magnum. I have an old one and don't know how many rounds it holds exactly but has to be 9 or 10 seems like.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah thats great but involves me (or my mate who Im inquiring for ) buying another rifle?
If hes like me, then he preferrs bolt action rifles = Greater accuracy.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
The Marlin bolts do come with a tube magazine. it is just a pain to empty them. You pull the tube, dump and then work the bolt for the last 2. Sometimes there is one in the hopper held by the follower.
I have three of them. Not by choice, just happened. A good deal is just that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.