primer pocket depth?
They will be only used in the AR !!
Thanks for you advice.
Jack

·
Registered
302 Posts
do as much as you like to do...

everything you do to make uniform ammo will help you shoot better....
you do not say what kind of AR you have.......
and you don't say what you want to do with the gun or ammo

I would suggest you take 50 pieces of the brass and give it the full treatment and then take another 50 and load it the way you have it prepped now....
and see if you can tell the difference.........

If you you enjoy deburring the flash holes and uniformiing the primer pocket.... go ahead. and do it anyway....

If it were my brass and it was an "average" AR.... I would probably just go ahead and load the brass and shoot it.... If you are wanting to blast away.....

If you are wanting to load the best you can.... and don't want to spend money on bullets and powder and primers until you have done all you can to the brass.... then go ahead and do the brass work before loading any of it....

we all are afflicted with doing a lot of steps to ammo to make us feel it will shoot better..........

be sure and trim the brass to the proper length.... you may have to rechamfer the necks ......... If you have not already trimmed

R

·
Registered
270 Posts
case prep

Debur yes, uniform no. Even many of the better BR guys will tell you they do not see a diff with doing either but I do like to debur the flash hole

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
For anything less than benchrest competition or 600-yard slow-fire High Power competition, don't bother, because you won't be able to tell any difference. JMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts