Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some research and found them. I've been shooting 264's since the 60's and love the cartridge. When I saw info on these, I had to have one so I did some digging to locate one; the money order went out and I can hardly wait to start shooting it and park the M70.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I seen one of those on gunbroker,... They are nice for sure, be sur eto post a picture and follow up when ya get it.

I'm a 6.5mm nut as well, more along the lines of the 260, whatever it is the 6.5mm/.264 is an over looked bullet I think. The 260 in my opinion is a far better true dual purpose coyote deer rifle with the broad range of bullet weights, but 95gr v-max and anything in the 120-140 gr for deer than the 6mm's ( I have a 243 wssm so not bashing anything).

Clint

·
Registered
270 Posts
264 vs. 6.5-284

How do the two compare?

I thought about looking into a 6.5 caliber a while back. Would be perfect to just buy a new Remington. I spoke with the boys at the Remmy custom shop last summer, I believe they told me that they may start chambering the 40X in 6.5-284. Any thoughts? Would the Cooper be the way to go for less $$??

·
Registered
488 Posts
I sure like the idea of a Remington 700 in a hot 6.5 but just do not like the finish on the stainless SPS models. I see them setting in stores rusting. Remington can do WAY better. I would even opt the money for the XCR model. Do not want the weight of the Sendero.

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts