Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine that has been hunting for a few years (got 2 bears this year over 350 lbs) is ready to take the next step and start reloading.
Last week someone in the Northwest mentioned that a shop in the general Seattle area had a Rockchucker for 45 bucks.

If that is not available, I`d be interested in any RCBS setup if the price is good. As of now, he has no gear whatsoever.
Thanks!
Mike da Bear

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Mike, there is a ton of this stuff on ebay.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Beleive me, you can't go wrong (IMHO) buying the complete kit new. Virtually everything is there and many times you buy a press here, a scale there, powder measure over there, it gets more expensive than buying new.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hello Mr. Bear.......that was me

I sat & watched those reads on my Post re. RCBS Rockchucker press for $40.......they were sold within an hour of my Post........only the handles were rusty and 5 minutes on a wire brush, fresh green paint and looks great. You're not going to find another one real soon at that price.......but the Jr. press is also v. good......I have used two the past 45 years. For $28.50 there was a decent Jr. press with shellcatcher at DJ's Pawn & Sport/Bothell, Wa......425.486.1919 open 9:30 M-S.....good deal, also maybe 150 sets of all sorts of dies, several powder scales, lots of brass, bullets, every caliber...my premier place to shop once a week anywhere on the West Coast. Jr's go for about $50 and Stan Baker's shop in Lake City has one. Rockchuckers should be about $75 used, $130 or so new, but Jr. will do everything I need on the .458 Win and 300 H&H so you cannot fault it........l.r.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts