Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a NIB Rem 700 Stainless Synthetic Classic in 257 Roberts that is about 5 years old. This was an uncateloged run about 5 years ago. I've seen values on GB, Gunsamerica, and Auction Arms that are all over the place. I bought it as a donor for a custom but everyone tells me I'm crazy not to sell it like it is. What's the market value of this beast?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Tom, I'm like you and see all these high prices on those guns on the auction sites and just wonder how many do really sell? I would say not many, I've been looking for a 10/22 Ruger and scanning the auction sites and prices are really high (over 200.00) and not including shipping. I'm not a Wally world fan but was in there with the wife the other day and 179.00 on the shelf? :confused:
Joe

·
Registered
751 Posts
In my opinion...... Gun Broker is a good source IF and remember IF, you can follow several auctions that actually sell...

The vast majority of rifles on GB are relisted numerous times because the sellers are simply "fishing". Guns America..... you never know what the rifle actually sold for. I've bought rifles off that board for way less than the asking price.... you can just email the seller and make an offer.

Most of the prices on both those boards are very high.

In my experience, the classics are selling for around $500 - $550 in new condition and $450 or less if they're used.

Most guys down here won't hunt with a stainless rifle..... most dealers rarely carry them for that reason. I'm an exception.... most all of my rifles are stainless..... never seemed to bother the game a bit.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.