Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a load for my J36 Lost River 80 grain hunting bullets. Anybody got a good load? Due to the price I only bought 20 to start with to see if they are really that good.
Thanks
hotcap

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Warren Jensen started making bullets about 200 yards from my old house. That was way back in the late 70's or early 80's. He eventually partnered-up with a Dr. named Mosdell. They moved to Arco, Idaho about 15 years ago. Not long afterwards Mosdell was killed in a car accident in the Little Lost River valley. I haven't heard much of Warren for quite awhile.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The old Jensen bullets (J-26) were a bonded jacketed bullet, and the best bullet you could buy at the time. The new Lost River Ballistic are a turned copper/bronze alloy bullet. Reviews are mixed. Their bread and butter bullets right now are tactical

One of the reason you haven't heard from Warren is that turned up M.I.A. from LRB a couple of years ago, including allegations of missing funds and the whole bit. One of the lady partners is in charge of the place, now. FWIW, Dutch.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Appreciate the input . I got a starting load from the info on the site. Thanks.
hotcap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.