Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
11,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a bunch of does out early, and a spike pushed some does around. A small 6 chased some does thru the back. About 830 this guy showed up, and I'm STILL not sure I made the right decision not to pull out the Xbow. Had him at 35 yards twice but not the best shot, had some brush in the way. About 45 min. later he showed up out in the front yard. Watched him off and on until about 11AM. Got the Canon out to shoot him instead of the crappy phone. Eventually he made his way closer, pushed the doe right up between my neighbor's house and mine. Not 10 yards from my boat in the driveway. I guess his age at 3.5. He keeps getting bigger the more I look at him. I want a BIG buck, and while he's nice, I think he needs 1 more year. He wouldn't be my biggest buck ever, so I'm using that as a benchmark. I really don't NEED to kill another buck. Actually got a kick out of just watching him do his thing.

Funny thing is, as was taking photos, mom pulls up and screws it all up. He's gone now, maybe he'll be back? Or maybe his Daddy will show up?

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Good size body , been eating good. Borderline. I Pass at this time

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
I think he is definitely in the upper 10 percentile that fer East. :)
You displayed great forbearance imo. Me? Even without a rack on the wall, looks like a lot of meat...

·
Administrator
11,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He wasn't quite old enough today, but I have 9 more days. He may be old enough by then for the dinner table! LOL. Honestly, I don't care if I kill a deer anymore. I still have plenty in the freezer. Sure, I'd love to get a BIG one for the wall. He's really not that big. Needs a few years to get there. If not given the chance, well...

He would not be my biggest buck ever, so why shoot him? Hoping Lillie or Mom gets a bead on him actually. Wouldn't that be nice?

·
Registered
12,485 Posts
Yep it would...
He would sure put a smile on that little blonds face no dought.
Just like when the boys wouldn't with me, I let several walk that
should have been dinner.

Donnie

·
Administrator
11,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This guy was on a power line down the road at 3:30 when I went to work today. Straight line distance to my house is only 400 yards. Man I wish he would show in my yard the next 2 days! Everybody asked why I passed the big 7...for the big 8 of course!

·
Administrator
11,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Friend killed this today, over the hill from me. PA gave us an extra week of archery season and big deer are falling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts