Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a Mashburn Bee fan for 40+ years had a NICE Sako L-46 Douglas BBl,Bishop Stock BUTTT some SOB stole it 20+ years ago.
Since that time I have found a bunch of Martini's BUTT they were not what I longed for.
Tried various Hornest Sako 78,Winc 43.Ruger 77 even "Kd" it just didn't do it
Found a Cooper 38 in M Bee had some 25 + year old Remington (Green Box) ammo pulled the bullets dumped the powder FF them with the False shoulder as we do with the 6 Dasher.

The goups are 5 shot at 100 yds with CFE-Black w/40 V-Max and 40 BK the F F group is with Lil Gun

I may have found my "Dream"

Thanx

Jim[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
How many grains of CFE BLK and what Primer are you using to get your groups from your "Fire-Formed" cases?? Is the CFE BLK Powder what you will use for your main 40 gr. Vmax loads?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Great shooting!

If this is the rifle out of Oregon I am glad you got it.I am glad you appreciate what it is,I tried to tell the owner what a jewel he had.You sure seem to know how to get the best out of it,I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from it.Too bad some jerk stole your Sako,but now your Cooper has found its rightful home:)
Enjoy it.
Matt

·
Administrator
11,787 Posts
dang Jim, can't wait to see that in person. Sounds nice and shoots fantastic!

Reminds me, I need to check the alfalfa. See if they've cut any yet. Don't know if we can get thru the creek or not though, all this rain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts