Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fired 50 rounds of 12 gauge flash bangs today at work to see if different barrel configurations affected the flight. No major differences.

They all had a nice tracer, a good flash and a loud bang. The only frag was aluminum, I'm sure it would sting but there was no real mass. From our 14" barrels these were going off at 75-100 yds. We fired with the gun in a test stand since some earlier test rounds went off too early. Like in the barrel early.

·
Registered
8,716 Posts
AIIIIEEEEEE In the BARREL early???

:eek: and double eek:eek: :eek: Sounds like living on the edge. Was this an LE type of "work :rolleyes: afternoon"? Fun huh?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
We had a lot of 155mm HE recalled several years ago, because it would detonate 10-20 yards from the muzzle. That would sure ruin your day!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mini guns are fun but I wouldn't want to reload for one

I've fired a 7.62mm (.308) minigun a couple times. It's neat because of the mount they are on and the rapid rate of fire there is no recoil. They don't jump like a regular machine gun, just a steady push. Since the shot dispersion is much less, you only see one tracer going out instead of several like on most full autos.

I've also stood a few feet from a 20mm gatling gun on a CIWS or Phalanx shipboard anti-missle system. They vibrate your guts really good. Nothing like a full body massage from the inside out!

These shotgun rounds were Navy items but the Coast Guard is using them for attention getters when normal warning shots may not be the best at that time or place. They wanted to see if our barrel configurations made any major difference from the Navy test guns. We use a 14" barrel with rifled choke tube. The Navy uses a 20" cylinder bore barrel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts