Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
43° here in Upstate NY this morning with a little light rain going on outside and it is cloudy and foggy. The high temperature is to get up to about 65° and be sunny with a light wind. There is a slight chance of some showers today, we had a light steady rain yesterday most of the day.

Well I took life pretty easy around here yesterday and I have basically the same plan for today. I don't know for sure I may decide to go up to the gun club this morning for a while if it doesn't rain anymore. I like to check on things every week and I do have one load I wish to test in one of my 243's. Other than that I don't think I will do much, we have been to the cemetaries so that is taken care of.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 48 and clear, no rain today. High is a comfortable 73. No plans for the day. Maybe a walk in the park, somewhere.
Yesterday was rest, and I did.
I the project side, decided to work up some round ball loads for the 30 06. Just for indoor practice.
Hope everyone enjoys today, though it's a somber day of remembering our fallen comrades.
Ken

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Mornin boys...
42 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
I think this is the last cool morning we'll have
for awhile...maybe. Thanks to all who gave all so
we have what we have.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Great morning folks,

Just a slight breeze with 52°, mostly cloudy with a high getting over 70° later here near HalfwayUSA.

Lots of little things got done yesterday. Last task of the day was to take down some bikes from hanging in the rafters. Grandkids are going to need to make black marks on the concrete.

Today I'll make sure the tires on said bikes have air then it's over to a niece's home for a family pot luck get together. I have hickory marinated Elk in the Sous Vide to share after grilling.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
morning all. 40 with only mid to upper 50s today, should get some moisture but not sure it will happen. Had a dirt storm last evening, 40mph winds out of the pass (NE).
After church yesterday and a early lunch we went across the valley to a cemetery where my Moms' folks graves are. After that we came home and did nothing!!!
Work today but not sure just what I'll get done. More cattle to be hauled out to summer pasture today and probably tomorrow.
Better move along, have a good Memorial day and thanks to all that gave all so we didn't have to.
Prayers for those with health issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
12,422 Posts
Morning boys. It's 57 here in VA Beach. Little chilly but sunny. Probably head out and fish a little before heading north. Let the traffic subside a little...maybe. We toured around yesterday, had some good food and drink, while it blew and drizzled most of the day.

Give thanks and remember our heroes today.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky where things here all all Smiles today.

Cat food bandit crawled in the cage after the rotten banana....mistake.

Cats are fed and sun is brightly shining warming things up. I cut a few acres of hay down yesterday; about 40 rolls worth only because weather is not very warm.
Hauling the last 10 rolls in ASAP then hook the Fluffer to Greenie and stir up some green hay.
Skruske, here is the new old grinder I got at your place last year. Rick brought me a new flea market grinding wheel. This thing has Power and can hurt you.

Thanks for your help with the sanding wheel removal.

Yall have a safe day, good shooting, and stay away from 1 1/2 HP grinders....

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Once again, a fine good morning from the fields of SD where we have blus skies, light breezes and about 64º, headed to the upper 70's. This is the finest weather you can ask for here. Everyone is fed and coffeed up and all are out killing except me. I am catching up on phone calls and email while finshing my coffee and cleaning up a bit. I've shot less dogs than anyone, but probably had more fun. Our newbie is totally hooked. I asked, at dinner last least, what they thought they had killed. NO one hazarded a guess except the newbie who said he may have killed 30. I questioned that as I knew he had killed that many with me a few days ago. Later he stuck his head in the trailer and said he thought it was more like 400, but he hadn't wanted to sound like bragging in front of everyone else ;) This is a good bunch and we are having a fine time.

G'day Y'all
Rick

·
Registered
782 Posts
Don’t kill all hose PD’s guys...leave a few for me....LOL.
Daughter and her youngest (10) sowed up yesterday afternoon and one of her twin boys and wife came later in the evening. Other twin and his wife AND first great granddaughter be here in a little while. Son’s oldest daughter came by yesterday but left (she has to work today). Little redhead spent the night with us too, Oldest granddaughter (daugter’s) will be here today too. Also expecting about 25-30 more for dinner at the lodge. I always do the meat and drinks, everybody else brings pot luck. I’m sure there will be enough to feed twice as many as what will show up. :oops::eek: 🤣
Remember all those that paid he ultimate sacrific. God bless out Country, Israel. and all y’all.

Reactions: JRinKY

·
Registered
12,885 Posts
Good morning GGVG
Beautiful morning in southern ky
Nothing on the agenda today..
U'all have a great day

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Sunny morning here for a change. Mowing grass is on the agenda. Spent too much time fishing this week and now I have to get caught up around here. Spent most of yesterday at my sister’s cookout, throwing bean bags and playing waffle ball with the nieces and nephews. I’m feeling it today !
Thanks for the update Rick. Glad to hear y’all are having a good time and finding dogs.
The warden just stuck her head inside to tell me break-time is over. Gotta get back at it.
Make it a good day.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Its 62 in western Ky on the way to 78 w/full sun.
Smoked some ribs yesterday for last night supper.
Not fantastic, but just OK. All I have on my agenda
today is mowing, it wont take long. Anyone heard from Doc
on his PD safari??? Ya'll have a goodun. LDS

·
Registered
9,732 Posts
Good barely morning boys. It's 57 in Indy where they had some sort of race yesterday that was won by another of those guys with a name nobody can pronounce. Helium Castratenoneofus, or something like that. Anyway, it's supposed to get to 75 later on.

Glad to hear there are plenty of targets for the P-Dog Army and even more glad they aren't shooting where we're gonna' be in about 3 weeks. Even though they're engaged elsewhere, I know we'll be doing a mop-up action by the time we get to the Rosebud. We usually take 8 rifles and 3K rds of ammo. I'm thinking 2 rifles and 10 rds each this year. After killing all the cardboard in AZ, Julie may be wanting to shoot 'em with a 9mm Glock.

Cookout this afternoon at my younger son's place. I volunteered a box of "ground beef patties". I buy 'em at a buddy's butcher shop where you're not allowed to call 'em hamburgers.

Have a good day in "The Land of The Free, Because of The Brave".

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Good Memorial Day morning, GoGo. It's 55 in Louisville, going to 76 under bluebird skies. Yesterday was just a bit cooler and absolutely beautiful.

Busy day yesterday. After our second in-person church service we had lunch and I changed the oil in both cars. Then I helped Cindy plant a few more flowers and one of her ornamental pumpkins.

While all vets get attention on Memorial Day, as I understand it the real reason for the holiday is to remember America's service men and women who died in combat or as a result of it. I want to lift up the name of James Dale Cruse who died 15 June 1968 near Khe Sanh, South Vietnam. Uncle Jimmy had severe asthma and the Army wouldn't take him, but the Navy did. He served two tours as a radioman on a ship just off the coast of South Vietnam, and on the second tour he became friends with some Marines who were being transported over. Jimmy asked how he could transfer to the Corps and was told his best option was to train as a medic (corpsman) since the Navy supplies corpsmen and chaplains to the Marines. As I recall the medical training took at least a year, maybe 18 months, then he returned to Nam in early 1968. He was sent as a replacement for Co. M, 3/4 Marines, which was operating just southeast of Khe Sanh. Around dawn on 15 June the unit was on a hill and a patrol they sent out was ambushed at the foot of the hill and had several immediate casualties. One medic went down the hill to provide aid and was killed immediately. Uncle Jim went down next and was also killed while providing aid. For his actions, Jim was posthumously awarded the Navy Cross, which is that service's highest honor and second only to the Medal of Honor. Please add my Uncle Jimmy to the list of those you thank today.

Have a good'n, be safe, and say thanks to those who gave their all in service to our country.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Late morning check in you all, 65 headed to 78 today. Going to do a few things on my truck and clean it up for one thing, inside and out today. Getting a buddy to come over and help me put the wheelchair lift on, hook up the electric part of it. Dang that thing is heavy! Graves were decorated over the last 3 days, and tears were shed, just the facts. May try to bushhog some today if I feel like it after getting everything else done. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers., Buff out.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Good afternoon from NC Ohio last one to the party due to no internet access for the last 16 hours. I will visit the grave of my 3rd great grandfather that served in the Civil War and survived Andersonville. Be safe and healthy Prayers to all vets and those and this hard earned country. Mike

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
I’m not surprised that no others from the board mentioned going to a Memorial today. Not surprised because of 3700 retired firemen about 60 were there for the service this morning. It’s always a moving time for me because it’s in a cemetery first and because I know so many who are there forever.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts