Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it me? I ordered a set of Burris Signature scope rings for a new Cooper and a Gerber pocket knife back in Mid-November. Backorder on the scope rings since exactly November 20. I followed up on the status of the backorder on the rings the first week of January by asking when they will expect to ship the order and my email response was a single word "soon".
Two email requests later, I finally got them to cancel the order after 12 days and no response to my 2 emails and all I asked for was confirmation that the order was in fact cancelled. Nothing.
I went to the MSS site today to check to see if the order was pulled, and it was simply deleted.
Finally I was able to order the rings from Optical Zone who had them in stock.
Did I experience something out of the ordinary for MSS or did something change with their customer service? Been using them for many years, never got this lack of communication and rude service. I might have to call and see whats going on, but they always used to respond with actual customer service in mind.
I am hoping that I was just stuck with some idiot in the order department who just sucks at his job.
This small "nonsense" order was also placed on the heels of a $400 + order for my varmint bullets for the coming summer hunt. Just curious.
Ken

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ouch!

That single word (soon) response would have been the final blow for me. That is real cheesy. You are a patient fellow. Good on ya.:D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Phone calls better than E-mails sometimes

I've usually had better results with calls than E-mails. When you have somebody on the line and don't like the way the conversation is going, you can move up their chain of command. Just seems to work better for me----get names, E-mail addresses and any direct phone numbers.

Its a a shame to have to resort to such stuff but sometimes it has to be done.

I've never had to do such with Midsouth----will continue to go back to them.

A. Weldy

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have never had a problem with them. They are for me the very best site to order from, or have been. I sure hope they have not taken a turn... I expect Customer Service if I need it.

I asked them to sell the VibraShine tumbler again, I had been telling people how great mine was, and that I got it from Midsouth. They emailed me back a full page on how they thought it was a great tumbler as well. ho wthey would love to sell it, but it was not them, it was Vibrashine.... But the point is, they went way out of their way to explain it to me

Clint

·
Registered
256 Posts
They are my main reloading supplier & I have never had a problem with them. I make most of my orders online, their system is not as good as midway but the product gets here. Early this month I placed an order & emailed them for a tracker #, their reply came in less than a hour.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Ken,
Yesterday I stopped in at Mid South. Though I knew they were in my area, I had never gone to the trouble of looking up their address and checking them out. Turned out that they are not a "walk-in" business. Because of their order pulling procedure, it's difficult to get it done with the customer waiting. They asked that with future oders I call in and pick up a little later. I say all this because they dropped what they were doing and pulled my small order anyway. Also, they showed me a basket of discontinued stuff and told me to help myself. Nicest folks I've run into in a while.

In addition, it turns out, they were having trouble with their computer and getting orders sorted out. I'll bet that's what happened with yours. In the future I'd suggest you give them a call. They are a small business with just a few employees and after being there I'm positive that your order just got lost in computer hell.

I also gave them this site and suggested that they consider sponsoring. They had not heard of us, but said they would check it out. Give them another chance with a phone call. Seemed like very nice folks.

Rick

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Well, ...duh. I overlooked that myself. I actually spoke with one of the owners and she didn't connect the site with the sponsorship.
again....duh

Rick

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have never had any problems with them. I ordered a scope and few other things back in December and as usual they were at the door very quickly. I usually order online but called this order in becuase I had a question. The very nice young lady was very knowlegable and nice too boot. I LIKE EM!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.