Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Middle of no where

567 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  JRinKY 
#1 ·
Sky Natural environment Natural landscape Wilderness Soil

We stopped for a break just north of Frenchglen Oregon. I bet there are not more than 10 people with in 30 miles of us. The picture does not do justice on how vast the open area is.

See less See more
#3 ·
Saw a Buck in velvet and had two Antelope run out in front of about a mile past where the picture was taken. Speed goat tags are had to come buy. Here you get a point for every year you don’t draw a tag, or you can buy one point per year, cost $8. You have to have a Hunting license to buy a point. I have 12 points and did not get a draw this year. It use to be 10 points and you were guaranteed a tag. To many people moving into the state. The Lord knows we need more hunter types in these screwball part of the world.
BTW most of the rest of the state can not stand Portland or Eugene, but they have the numbers.

#4 · (Edited)
#5 ·
I can try and match your "middle of nowhere" with this middle of nowhere taken last year when my b-i-l and I were heading up to a fishing spot in the Northern Territory. This about 30klms out of Barkley Hut heading towards Cape Crawford in our Northern Territory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.