Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Miss the Ky shoots...

1K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  LarryDScott 
#1 ·
Yesterday was Tuckers birthday and it fell on the Top Gun shoot a few times.
On his 6th birthday, we hadn't planned on going. I hadn't loaded any shells
and didn't have anything ready. Money was tight and we figured we'd just stay
home and have.him a little party here. Melissa asked.what he wanted for his birthday and his
only reply was.to go to the shoot. Well, we said when a 6 year old only asks to go shoot
we'd try. Danny loaded for a couple guns and I loaded for the rest. Melissa made 2
cakes and we went to the shoot. He's turned 22 yesterday and it just don't seem
possible, times flys... Just lay'in here thinking about all the fun times we've had at
the shoots and sure do miss'em...

Underdog

PS...RUGERS still RULE !!!

#6 ·
I never got to any of those Ky shoots, but they sounded like a real great gathering.
I attended 3 of the Varmint Hunter shoots in Pierre, Si Dak. I thought that was a top notch event. Met lots of nice people, We were all friends. The competion was great. Sure would like to back and do it again.
Gods blessing to you all.

#12 ·
I hope Apple Butter Bill is doing well.
I too am missing the fellowship.
Donnie n Crew made a few 3C's, Murphy n Fuzz - miss them too.

#18 ·
I hope Apple Butter Bill is doing well.
I too am missing the fellowship.
Donnie n Crew made a few 3C's, Murphy n Fuzz - miss them too.
Tom, you won't recognize Bill unless you've seen him on FB recently. He ain't any better looking, but there's waaaaaay less to be ugly than there used to be. He's got a granddaughter now, and I think he says she was his inspiration to lose weight.

#13 ·
Don’t tell anyone. I Have a range and you been invited more than once, and the lodging is free and the hospitality is just fair….It’s a long drive, but you could rent a bus…LOL

#16 ·
I need to drop 30 to regain my svelte GQ-ness. Now don't anyone bust a gut guffawing...;) Did Bill run outta apple butter n bics?
Bruce, I have placed your invite of extreme hospitality on my near bucket list. Just haven't penciled me in by letting you know Dinah and I are sure probables. Truly. I'd like to see you up close again. 3Cs wasn't it? 22mag for your son?

#17 ·
Yep Bruce distance is the big factor. I would love to visit as I am sure many others would. There is a bunch on the east coast with in a days drive of each other. ya that the ticket, a big school bus. I am down to working 3 days a week and my wife has one year of teaching. Next summer we are hoping to hit the road with the camper or a 5th wheel. Skruske is my hero.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.