Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well put the MLK day off to good use and went calling with Sean. We got out at sunrise and it was bitter cold. The dang wind was blowing so we skipped our morning stands and scouted around a bit. Now there are two stands that always seem to produce a taker but I have never made a kill at either place. By the time the wind dies down we are at one of them. Set up in the same place and start calling. At about the five minute mark Sean says " Here comes a fox can I shoot it ? ". Reply is yes, but it is not a fox just a smallish coyote running at full speed straight at us. At about 70 yards I give a whistle and it just keeps running. Gets to the caller and goes on point. At the same instant we both shoot, coyote drops. So we are waiting to see if there are any others around. Then the first coyote jumps up and starts running away, dang thing did not know it was dead. Well a volley of bullets from Sean's AR starts, I managed to knock it down with the old fireball. But is is still spinning so Sean finishes the job. All in all I counted six hits. Went to the other stand that has sent me home scratching my head and sure enough one comes barreling in and gets wind and bails. Broke one curse but the other is 100 % takers and 0% kills. Think I have been the about 12 times in the last 4 years to that stand and gone away empty handed. Wind kicked up again by noon and we scouted the rest of the day. Here is a pic of the one we shot.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wow! I'm impressed...

Man, you-all grow some tough hombres out there! Great story and coyote_sieve!

Vardoc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.