Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mom has a tiny little garage and can't get her car in. Too much crap. She's been threatening to buy an Amish shed. Ut can't find one the right size. It's an odd spot up against the back of the garage and the electric meter is in the way. Well for mothers day I decided to build one. Drew it out on paper and went to Lowes today for lumber and supplies. Almost $500. Jeesh!:eek:

She came up to help and we banged it out in the garage since its pouring out. Have it all touched together and put a coat of paint on. Had to fudge the roof plan a bit but we got it on and mocked up. Will put that together at her house. I have it set up to disassemble everything except the ends and will either borrow a trailer or put it on the truck and take it in on pieces and reassemble there. I'll take it apart after it gets another coat of paint

Need to buy a few more trim boards and will trim everything out all nicely once it's in place. Sure came out pretty well. Can't wait to get it out of my garage. It's enough of a mess as it is. She should have enough room for her show blowerblower, mower, gas cans and maybe even some firewood

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Damn, Charlie, you drew this out, bought the lumber, cut the lumber, got it tacked together and got the first coat of paint on ALL IN ONE DAY? :eek: Have you been taking Skruske lessons or what? We may have to pull both your Man Cards if you keep working this hard. And this was after spending all day yesterday working a gun raffle, right? If Miss Cindy ever hears about this, I'm a goner. :D

Carpman

·
Administrator
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yes mike, I drew it up Sat. evening in front of TV, made a materials list, got up, went to Lowes, came home, cut and tacked it together, with paint. It's not stick built, it' built pole barn style with posts and perlins. Not much to it really. It'll take a bit more time once I put it up and put all the screws in place. I just tacked the skin on by the corners for now. Made it easier to paint and to take apart later for transport. And it's only 3 sided. It's got to lean against the back of the garage. Couldn't close it in because of electric and cable stuff in the way. Need access to that.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Larry, I have found that even being older than dirt the more active I stay the younger and better I feel.
I can relate to that. The days that I force myself to stay moving,
I feel better. As I type I'm waiting for the fog to lift so I can get on the water.
Fish may or maynot cooperate, but I wont be sleeping in the recliner.
I'm on a CPAP, but I dont fell rested when I awake, and If I sit,
there is no doubt within a few min I will be asleep. I feel better
from 6pm until bedtime, which is usually midnight,than I do any
other part of the day. LDS

·
Administrator
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got tired of that dam shed in my dam garage so miss Sue helped me load it on the truck last night. I took it apart so it wasn't too bad. Buddy from worked helped me unload and get the sides on then it was off to the races. Went together fairly easily. It's a bit racked at the top. Not sure how that happened and I can't get it straight so she'll have to live with it. Lol

Here it is almost done. Needs a bit of trim work. Thinking burgandy to match the roof. I'll get to that as time permits. I know I'd sure rather be at the mud wrastlin' match instead.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Charlie, I think that looks great, good job. That's like a top 3 Mother's day gift!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.