Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning folks. It's 52° with a haze around the moon this morning. Supposed to be a nice day. Normally I hate Mondays, but I have off today and have the boat hooked up, ready to go fishing. Waiting on my cousin's to get here, be headed out shortly. My bud backed out last night, flu bug going around his work. It'll just be three of us, but my cousin's are big boys, and my boat is kind of small. We'll be fine. Hope to have some fish pics up later today, but I'm not counting my chickens!

Gotta run. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Administrator
4,331 Posts
46° here in Upstate NY this morning, it is to be a cloudy day but the temperature will be up to about 63° so it won't be a bad day.

Yesterday we went to church in the morning, had a very nice Easter lunch and I managed to take a nap in the afternoon. I don't do that very often but I just felt like it yesterday.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Morning Gents! Its 60º and partly cloudy here headed for the upper 70's, maybe even 80, with a light wind. Looks like a nice day shaping up.

Had a lazy day yesterday. With the kitchen remodel finished I started straightening up in my loading room. It caught the overflow from the kitchen and I was having serious withdrawal symptoms!

I'll start working on my Dove hole this week. I'll go look at it after daylight this morning. I'm thinking about doing the no-til thing this year. Probably spray everything to kill all of the weeds and grass, maybe as soon as tomorrow. I have a drill lined up for the 6th with an option to get it on the 3rd.

Good Luck with the fishing Charlie! Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Good Morning

44 here in NC Ohio with a warm sunny day ahead. Back to the garden work today and watching for a GH opportunity, might try some lettuce in the traps with my luck I'll just train them to raid the garden!! Safe travels to Charlie and everyone Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
14,013 Posts
Mprnin boys...
Low 40s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Boys are hunting and the old man has to go to work.
Good luck Charlie...we aint fish lately but my brother said
some of the hybrid has made it to the dam. Should be good fishing
for a few more weeks so we aint missed out on that yet.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Good morning from Bartonville Texas, 64 cloudy and windy. I am supposed to take the tractor and build a new brush pile. We have been trimming and cutting trees so there's a lot of limbs everywhere.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
morning all. 46 with a high in the mid 50s today, storm on the way for this evening and tomorrow. Well wait and see if any moisture comes with it or just wind. Was windy again yesterday but not as bad as Saturday.
Good day yesterday, early church then home and Gwyn got everything ready for her family to come have Easter dinner. Was nice, but I didn't get my Sunday afternoon nap! Oh well, did get the AR finished cleaned and fired off a few rounds out back in the dirt pile. Seemed like it was going to work ok now, just was too dirty I guess.
Hope to get some sprinkler servicing done today but you never know what might come up around here.
Have a good day and be safe, good luck with the fish Charlie!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 50 in Louisville, going to 72. Should be a pretty spring day here in the Bluegrass.

Gonna do an old-fashion Monday today, where I drive downtown to work. I'm on a team of 21 and 8 or 9 work from outside Louisville, places like Jacksonville, Birmingham and Green Bay. Once a year we bring those folks in to Louisville for a team gathering. That happens from dinner tonight through around lunchtime Wednesday. It'll be good seeing colleagues in person that I only see online most of the year.

I started to load some .38 Special light target loads over the weekend and couldn't find my #1 shellholder. Sure wish I were more organized. Got so pissed off that I just fired up Amazon and ordered a whole set of Lee shellholders, to the tune of about $35. Hated to do that but I've been looking for missing shellholders for over a year and haven't found 'em yet. You watch, as soon as those new ones arrive, the old ones will crawl out from under a box somewhere around my loading bench. Isn't that the way it usually works?

Good luck on the water, Charlie. If memory serves, you're overdue for a really good day fishing. Maybe today will be that day.

What's Skruske gonna do now that those three trees are down? I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't call up some of those folks who stopped and tried to hire him during the tree felling.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Good morning everyone.....50° here this morning. Still at the house as I am getting ready to make the return trip to Wilmore. We went and visited my mom last night and didn't leave there until almost 11:30. Not much got done yesterday except a barrel swap on a rifle...took my cabela's 6.5CM and put my 20 tac barrel on it. Then I made a trip to the store and picked up some ribeye steaks for the Sous Vide cooker....those things kicked ass!....minimal seasoning and med. rare....cut like butter!

Since I'm off work another day I'm sure something is going to be drug into the shop that the world cannot continue on unless it gets welded. That's usually how it's acted out until I get it welded and then they let it sit at the shop for 3 more days until they come pick it up. I had someone bring in a couple exhaust manifold from a big block chevy in a boat to weld up.....seems lots of people like to forget to get all the water out around here before they put their boats up for the winter! I got the cracks on the outside welded hopefully there was none internally or they are S.O.L!

I need to stay away from Sportsmans Warehouse on the return trip as they usually get at least $100 of my money it seems.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe!

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Monday

Good morning all. It's 55 in Indy heading for near 80. Beautiful day. Much better golf day than yesterday was and I'm not going to get to play. Got lunch with my old racing buddy at a German restaurant/bakery on the NE side of Indy called the Heidelberg Haus. I'll probably head up to Cabelas after lunch just in case they have something I need. Julie will be coming back south to take her friend Shirley to a Dr. appointment so I might as well see what I can stir up.

Went to a Easter fish fry at our favorite niece and nephew's house after golf. They had a slew, mess, or whatever you fishy guys call a LOT of bluegill and crappies. Pretty good eatin'! I didn't participate in the egg hunt 'cause I had limited interest in getting run over by a herd of youngsters. They were fun to watch, though.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Good Morning

60 degrees here on our way to 76.
Great day yesterday with 30+ guests at the house. Good food and fellowship but no egg hunting going on. My little granddaughter is 9 months old and the next oldest kids were 16 years old.
Long day at work today so I’m glad we got everything cleaned up last night. Rain is in the forecast for tomorrow so I’m not sure when I’m gonna be able to get out and do some fishing.
Make it a good day.

·
Administrator
13,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Well, unfortunately Mike, if I was due, it didn't happen today. Weather wasn't great. Wind kicked up about 10AM and it got fairly rough. The fleet dispersed in search of fish. Despite marking fish all day, we managed to snag one menhaden (bait fish) about a foot long. Hard to say what fish we were marking. We fished until 2PM and called it a day. Boat ran great, conditions were almost perfect, except for the wind, the fish just weren't there I guess? We didn't see anyone else catch anything either. I'm hoping the big cows are still up in the rivers spawning and haven't moved out yet. It's either that or the Bay is in serious trouble. Loss of baitfish and overfishing are rumored to be causing a serious decline. I hope that's not the case. At least I didn't have to work, but I'm pooped and am going to bed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.