Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good cold Monday morning to you all, 23 and dropping thru the day. Heading out in a few to Lexington, never in my life thought I would look forward to getting my hip laid open above my knee to my lower back, but that pain will be less than I have been experiencing for months on end. I appreciate all the prayers, means a lot to me. Hope to be back home in a few days, by Wednesday at the latest. lf something should go wrong, remember me in a smile, I will be with my son. You all keep warm, prayers for those that need them, Buff out.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
18° here in the northern Bluegrass. Good luck to Sam this morning. Our prayers are with you. Had a good day yesterday at the reloading bench. Finished up the 500 rounds of 45 ACP’s . The kids and grandkids came over to spend most of the day which was complete with some delicious pork chops. Back to the grind today.
Make it a good one.

·
Administrator
3,998 Posts
17° here in Upstate NY this morning under cloudy skies but I do see the stars out. The high temperature for today will only get up to about 19°. Going to be a partly sunny day with a fairly mild wind.

Yesterday was a day where we had freezing rain and plain rain for most of the day. There were quite a few accidents as people didn't know enough to stay off the roads. I spent the day at home just taking Rusty out for walks, it is the same plan for today

Prayers are sent for Sam with his operation today.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 3 below and dropping to 8 before raising to 3 above late this afternoon.
Took it easy yesterday, back to work today. I have 5 sitting and 5 kneeling targets to fire. Sitting/kneeling is a painful position to get into for a length of time. Concentrate on the trigger and front sight, yes.
Kroger, praying for you. You're one of the good guys.
Hope everyone else has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
13,730 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks like 25 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Supposed to get colder tonight and tomorrow nite then warm up
some, but not much. Got another Dr app this morning, just to see the results from Thursday's visit. Praying for Sam this morning. You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
Good morning from Indy. I haven't looked at the forecast but the phone app says it's 16 right now. Woke up with a slight cough and a scratchy throat so I may be skipping the pancake joint this morning. No fever right now but if that comes along we have a couple of the chirus home test kits. May just be a reaction to the roller coaster weather we've been having. That wouldn't be unusual for me.

Julie didn't shoot well in the Glock event yesterday. Probably better than I would've done but not so much for her. Some guy claiming to be a expert told her one of the 25th Anniversary Glocks sold for $27K. There's evidence to the contrary. There were 2500 of them made. Here's one for sale on Gunbroker Glock 17 25th anniversary limited edition - Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com : 914586219
A guy on the Glock collector's forum posted that he'd sold one for $600. Experts are everywhere!

Prayers for those in need including a successful surgery and quick recovery for Sam.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
It's 22 in western Ky. Going to 39 w/full sun. No rain
in the forecast for the week. It rained Jan 01 so we will have
15 days of rain during the month, later than sooner.
Buff, good luck on your surgery. Doug, I hope ya got just a
cold and not the BRANDON bug. Ya'll have a goodun. LDS

·
Registered
279 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 15 with 10 wind = COLD!!! Only thing going on around here will be Praying for Sam and guidance for the surgeon's hands. Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
You knows it’s painful when Sam posts first. Go luck with that Sam. Then again, the hospital may not be too bad of a place to spend the day Or a few days. Beats hauling fire wood. We have 10 degrees and going to 14 today and then 2 degrees going to 18 tomorrow. I’d call that winter weather. Just think where we’d be without global warming. They started the indoor air rifle season at Kalamazoo yesterday. I say “they” because I wasn’t there. I’m not sure what I’ll get into today but with an early start I’ll figure something out.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
GM early for me as I have not left the house yet. Nothing has been fed breakfast.

Prayers for Sam, hoping for a much better outcome than the last time. He is due for good luck this time.

A few Coyote snarez to check then start the tractors and hit the mud.
Nothing stupid to add today....just thinking about my friend Sam Koger.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
morning all. 6 above with 40 in sight for later.
Prayers for Sam and the docs today for sure.
Took it easy yesterday, even got in a nap after lunch.
Worked in the hobby shop some, getting the old grain bin 12 gauge cleaned up some, the bore looks like maybe a mouse died in there and rotted away.
Has one really bad spot in it!!!
Gwyns' folks are still really sick, won't go to the doc though. Now Gwyn isn't feeling well either, she'll work from home today. I'm
feeling better this morning.
Better get moving, have a good day and be safe. Prayers for those with health issues and other too. And our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Great morning folks,

Up to 10° from the overnight low of 6° and the goes with cloud cover and a light breeze here near HalfwayUSA. The high today will only 13°. The woodstove is going to get fed well today.

6x45 loading is coming along well. I have about 117 more bullets to plug in to be caught up.

I do believe DD will be on a grocery run today. She has a surgery scheduled for tomorrow on her eye so she'll be laid up for a bit. I was told there may some facial/temple bruising so I want it on record NOW that I did lay a hand on my dear wife. :eek:

Sam get to healing up and back to ass kickin' soon.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 30º and clear here headed for the high 40's with a light North wind. It looks like it will be warming up for the rest of the week.

The Wife and I drove over to Hot Springs yesterday to see our youngest Son and the Grandkids. Traffic was light and moving well until we got to the construction on I-30. An 18 wheeler was broken down and had one lane blocked right where the concrete barriers started. When we got past that we had just started moving again and a pickup with blue lights was blocking the other lane. Seems like there was a big pothole that was causing tire damage. There were 9 vehicles on the side of the road with flats. Some of the ones with the Gangster wheels and the tires that look like rubber bands had busted wheels. Some of the others had visible front end damage. That stretch of road has concrete barriers on both sides with barely enough room for 2 cars. It took us 35 minutes to make the last 5 miles to our exit!

Not sure what today holds yet. I expect my running buddy to call and we'll probably end up at the Doctor's place. If not, I'll be making fire and tumbling brass.

Good Luck to you Sam. You'll be in our prayers.

Prayers also offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Administrator
13,020 Posts
Good morning folks. It's another Monday closer to retirement. (Don't I wish. I have like 15 more years.) You ole farts got it easy. It's 25 here with a stiff, cold 15-20 mph wind. I brought my stuff along today to go hunting after work, but may rethink it if it doesn't warm up some. I'm running late this morning. I was actually up early, had to drop the truck off for inspection and oil change, then get blood work. Tried to eat right here this past week after Christmas, see what my numbers look like. They got me on new meds, I want to give them an honest try. Yesterday we had rain/drizzle most of the day, that iced over then melted. Refroze on top of the snow so it's an iceberg now. It was a good day to get some chores caught up. I pulled the 4 wheeler into the garage and got the winch cable sorted out. I'm using Kevlar synthetic stuff and it had a knot and the chafe sleeve torn. Hopefully it's all good now? I also pulled the mower out of the front shed and put it in the back, and brought the big snow blower/tractor up front. Had a bit of trouble getting it started, needed the fuel lines primed, but then she fired right off. I also put fuel in the small snow blower and it fired off 1st pull. Makes a huge difference emptying fuel and running carb dry on those 2 stroke engines. I got everything ready now for what Mother Nature throws at us...except fire.

Well I better get busy. More prayers for our pal Sam today, for a quick and speedy recovery!

Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 21 in Louisville going to 35 and sunny. Pretty typical, I'd say. At least winter has finally arrived and looks like it will be with us for a while.

This is Day Eight of whatever damn bug has a grip on me. Still have a little fever up and down, sinus congestion, and weak as a kitten. Gonna call my doc today and ask her to prescribe me a Z-pack. Those have worked will for me in the past. No energy at all and sometimes I find myself sitting here like a dang zombie, just staring. About the only good news is that I'm sleeping pretty well. Something's gotta change here.

May God help the doctors figure out how to heal Sam right this time and give him a pain-free life going forward. Prayers up.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and pray for our requests here and for our nation.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I do believe DD will be on a grocery run today. She has a surgery scheduled for tomorrow on her eye so she'll be laid up for a bit. I was told there may some facial/temple bruising so I want it on record NOW that I did lay a hand on my dear wife.
You better re-read that Scott.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Not much planned for today and hope it stays that way. It is cold and getting colder tonight, heading to single digits with wind. Oh Joy.

Our thoughts and prayers are for Sam and a successful surgery and an infection free recovery. Hope you get a good PT person also for the rehab.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Morning all…had a good nights sleep last night. I had been pretty slow last few days with back hurting. Was walking like an old man…. :eek:. I spent nearly the whole day doing nothing. I even skipped out on church. Spent the day popping Tylenol and RX muscle relaxants. Guess it helped, I woke up this morning feeling a lot better.
Extra prayers for Sam today. You know he had to be hurting to be looking forward to surgery. Keep us posted Sam.
I don’t think I’ll try too much today and let my back recover a little. Too much time to think yesterday. Might just keep the new Begara 22 AND the Vudoo (when it’s finished). I’ll probably go thru my stash and sell some more guns. I sold a FN 5.7x28 on the phone yesterday to the same guy that bought my CMMG AR 5.7x28. I got to play with it a lot for 3-4 years and still made money on it. Sold him all the ammo I had for it too. Had about 12 boxes of ammo. He wants son and I to sit down with him and order him a custom 6 creed like what we have (had). Son will probably get started on that today. He said he had an older Rem 700 22-250 (12-15 years old) that he wasn’t using anymore. So probably order a Bartlein heavy varmint and get it fluted to finish at 22”. Take it all to Mike Bryant and have him do his magic on it. Probably Trigger Tech Diamond trigger. I think he can pick out the stock he wants and get it on the way. This guy just retired from oilfield about 4-5 months ago, and has been guiding for us for about 8-9 years….good man and a great friend. His dad is a true “old Cowboy”. He is in his 80’s and has made his living off the back of a horse all his life. He is making spurs and belt buckles now….very pretty work.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Good Morning from the ☀ shores of Medico in Venice Florida not Italy.73 with a high of 81 .
Jr besides the weather another reason I like Florida better than Italy is DeSantis is D 💣. I can see now maybe Trump and DeSantis ticket . Or I would be happy with DeSantis running for president .
I see back in VA they are thinking of giving Robert E Lee's statue to the Valentine and Black History Museum .👎.
Everyone have a great day and stay safe.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts