Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Administrator
4,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
14° here in Upstate NY this morning with the stars out, the high temperature for today will get up to about 37° with a 5 to 9mph wind today and no rain or snow predicted.

Yesterday was a quiet peaceful day for me, I just did whatever I wanted to and lazed around. I was glad as I am going to have a busy week it looks. The main thing I did yeserday was decide on what loads and rifles I want to work with this year.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

· Registered
2,552 Posts
Good morning from Waseca where it's 36 and light rain. Supposed to rain all day and into Tuesday.
Yesterday was a good day for rest.
Today is unknown challenges, ie: no plan.
I have a couple of small things do , going to Galen's maybe. We are getting so much donation stuff that the little local store can't handle it. That means more trips with a truck load to Mankato.
Hope everyone has a blessed Monday,
Ken

· Registered
2,924 Posts
28° here this morning and our Christmas season is officially over. All of the kids and a couple of in-laws were here last night for our final get-together of the season. I have a day off work, unsupervised today so I’m not sure what I will be getting into. I might go peruse a couple of local guns shops I haven’t visited in awhile. I got Marty’s oil changed yesterday morning and stacked some firewood so my chores are all caught up for now. They are calling for heavy rain later this evening so I will be locked in the basement, sorting more wheel weights.
Make it a good day.

· Registered
10,596 Posts
Good 1st Saturday-of-the-week morning. It’s 36 in Indy heading for 48 and rain. No telling what the day might bring, as usual.

Those Cincitucky Beagles pulled one out last night to make a bunch of people I know happy. First NFL game I’ve watched in years and I only caught probably half of it. I did see the 98 yard fumble recovery TD.

Got new tires on the truck last week. 60K + on the original tires without an issue. Less than 100 before one of the new ones picked up a screw. Ya’ just can’t have nice things.

Prayers all around. Have a good day.

· Registered
538 Posts
Looks like 17 or so with another light dusting of snow. I just saw the state truck go by on the highway with the plow down so maybe 1/2" or so. Town truck plowed and sanded, too.
I'll be headed in to the shop for a few hours of bookwork and hanging out to see what's shaking. Not going stir crazy but do have taxes to get to the accountant and other estimates to check on.
I know enough not to overdue it, still a long way to go and I'm not going to take any chances.
Hope you all have a good holiday (well, a holiday for some anyway).
Ken

· Registered
1,575 Posts
Morning gang, it's 24* now and going to 50* later today with sunshine, should make a nice day at the Country Store. I didn't do much yesterday watched some football and took a nap. I put some apples out yesterday evening for the deer, don't think they came by last night. I guess that's it from here, have a good one today. God Bless,

· Administrator
13,936 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 28 here, just a bit nipply, headed to 48 later. Seasonable, they say. Yesterday I managed to bring in a big stack of wood. Trying to empty some wood sheds so I can fill 'em up later. Today is the last day of MZ season so wood cutting season is next. I got the chain saws out and ready and took inventory. Ordered a couple new chains that will be here this week and will pick one up at Tractor Supply today. Tossed a whole bunch of old chains that were trashed. I tried to take a nap in the afternoon but failed. I even put on football. Usually does it. I watched the Dolphins choke, some of the Giants/Vikings and most of the Cincy game. That fumble recovery was unreal. Totally unexpected.

Well, I guess I better get busy. Not sure what's on the agenda today, but I'm sure there's something. Have a good one!

Charlie

· Registered
2,451 Posts
Great morning folks,

27° with high thin clouds but a promise of 40° this afternoon is welcome here near HalfwayUSA.

Wood stove repairs are underway. I got the gasket channel fastened and a new door gasket glued in place. I dropped the chimney adapter "box" off at Corey's house. If I know him, he'll have it recreated better and back to me in a couple days.

Deb & I visited with Corey & his girl friend until later than usual. Laughs & wide ranging discussions are always a nice break in the winter. The trip back home had us rolling a little slow as the deer were active & was saw several standing in and along the road.

· Registered
5,170 Posts
morning all. 21 with 15mph already, high temp of mid to high 30s today with slight chance of a flake blowing by.
Had a little flurry of white stuff yesterday about the time we were leaving church, but just the cold wind all day.
Got in a short nap after lunch the went to the in-laws for a birth day party for Gwyns mom. Turns 86 today.
Got some 223 brass prepped and ready to load last evening. Not sure what today will bring.
Yesterday, 10 years ago was when the damcow kicked me and broke my arm, still have the metal plate in it to remind me... everytime the
weather changes!!!!
Better get, not sure what I'll do today, Gwyn has the day off so who knows what she'll find for me to do.
Have a good day. Prayers for those with needs.
GOD BLESS. Dean

· Registered
5,241 Posts
Morning all. Another grey day here and about 35F right now with light breezes. Supposed to get significant rains this afternoon and evening. Will have to make out a couple of bills and get them in the mail. It will be the usual PT and then lunch later, but hope to get a treat later. My wife has her monthly card game tonight and she made a carrot cake to bring for dessert.

Be safe and keep warm.

· Registered
2,290 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 55º and cloudy here headed for the low 60's with a slight chance of rain.

Yesterday was a lazy day. After breakfast I headed to the loading room, put some music on and sorted 223's. I picked out a bunch to load and sorted through my bullet stash. Decisions decisions!

Not sure what I'll get into today. I need to start prepping 223 brass and change my Giraud trimmer over from 308 to 223. Hopefully that won't take long. I bought shell holders complete with cutter blades for each caliber and put locking die rings on them.

Prayers offered for those in need and for our Country.

Y'all have a good one!

· Registered
1,511 Posts
Good morning everyone from the sunshine state ☀. Little chilly here today high of 66 .
Finished the painting yesterday. The wife catches the high work , me and ladders don't work together . She cuts in the ceilings and as long as I can reach it with a roller and a stick I'm good to go.
Today's plan is to work the hound out he hasn't been worked out going on 3 days. Then dinner tonight at the neighbors house.
Nothing much planned for the rest of the day. Doctor appointment tomorrow to discuss why I'm always cold possibly a few test need to be ran .
Everyone have a great day stay warm dry and safe.
HHH

· Registered
382 Posts
Morning all, 39 going to 54 today. Not a lot on the agenda today, put some hay out for the steers, work on a shelf project for the wife to better support the pantry shelves a couple are sagging from the weight and that in itself is a good thing. Tehe chili cook off at church was great, had several different takes on chili, the best I ate was made with deer burger and shaved deer backstrap in a dark smoked chili sauce man was that great. It was made by the pastor who is a smoker who knows what he is doing. l better get moving you all have a great day, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

· Registered
7,693 Posts
Good Monday, GoGo. Trying to get posted before noon ... for a change. At 1148 it's 42 in Louisville, going to 48 with rain sometime this afternoon.

Main event on my calendar today is picking up an old quartet buddy and shuttling him and his wife to the airport. They're taking off for a Caribbean cruise. They usually spend 6-8 weeks in Florida about this time of year, but they opted to not go that route this year. I sure wish them luck flying as that mode of travel has had a lot of ups and downs lately.

If it does warm up close to 50, I may get out in the garage, where I'll use my drill press to punch the holes for stitching Skruske's ax sheath. It's coming along nicely. The fit is a mite on the tight side right now, but I think the leather will ease up just a bit and it'll be just right. Just like breaking in a leather holster or a baseball glove.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here who are ailing and for our nations.

· Registered
2,242 Posts
Water Water resources Ecoregion Brown bear Liquid

See you don’t always have to have a big gun.
I’m presuming son and family are on way home. I’m thinking about get stuff together for tomorrow’s flight.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all

· Registered
233 Posts
An honest Good Afternoon, not G M....truth in salutations.
Charlie, you best get that Short Handled Skillit registered. The grace period is running low.
Carl, you be in tall plumbum. Get one of those pb dribbler machines and you'll be set for life. Shot running up the steps out of the basement. I have a std ammo can 80% full of either mis-cast or wrong sized 30 cal. Not casting anymore and no longer using them to work out with, they need to be recycled.
Progress is slow in the shop. Sold a few items last week including a new, aluminum Bald Eagle w remote knob windage. Only one of those left l think.
No appts this week other than a Wed run to grand daughter's in lndy and a Toy maint stop on the way home.
Relatively mild w an off n on drizzle, 40°, 0-5 breezes. Kinda slow day. Tom out

· Registered
3,646 Posts
54 with clouds and rain on the way this early afternoon in Peay Hollow. I took a chance that most of my customers would be open and all but one was. So now, since the PO is close, I'm done with real work for the day. Will probably make a pot of Mikey's favorite white bean soup and could spend some more time with 222 RM AI. That's about it.

G'day Y'all
Rick
F**K Brandon!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts