Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
54° here in Upstate NY this morning under clear starry skies, the first time I have seen the srars out in a while. The high temperature for today will be up to about 70° and it will be a nice sunny day with a mild breeze.

Yesterday we went to church in the morning and then I got the yard mowed and mulched leaves at the same time in the afternoon. I have a morning appointment today and then the rest of the day will come as it comes. I know I will be on the road for two days this week for sure.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 62 going to mid 80's. Should be a little lower next Monday, hey KF is this your last Monday? Well wishes there my friend. Same old around here. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 46, overcast and high of 66. The wind really picked up yesterday and a front moved in. 66 is though for the week. Summer's almost gone, Winter's a commin' on.
I took the K31 out yesterday to try a new load, 150 gr bullets don't shoot so well. That's a disappointment.
Computer is still plugging along restoring files so I can focus on reloading this morning and shooting this afternoon.
Happy Monday everyone,
Ken

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Good morning all, 58 here and a nice day for us here in SWV today. I have to be at the hospital at 8 for me knee surgery, say a little prayer for me today, if all goes well I should be home tomorrow sometime. I had two bucks at my feeder this morning, the four that's been coming in about everyday and a very nice eight. The apples and corn were about all cleaned up. You all have a good one today.

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Good morning all. Starting at 65 and looking for 82 in Indy. Breakfast thru the truck window on the way to the golf course this morning. Gotta’ followup appointment for the laser work dobe last week on my right eye tomorrow morning. I think it’s done some good but if not, I’m done with it anyway. We shall see, so to speak.

Falling into gunsmoke withdrawal again with no relief in sight. Need to fix that.

Have a good day.

PS. Let’s go Brandon!

Reactions: Bruce Eakins

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
morning all. 24 here with low 60s maybe, possible snow tonight and tomorrow.
Worked at cleaning out the garden yesterday, lots of green tomatoes, squash, beans were picked a few days ago. Hauled a couple
pickup loads to the pigs, goats and chickens at Gwyns' folks place.
After church and lunch I went out with my BIL looking for elk for one of our nephews, found some but not where we could hunt.
Didn't get a chance to work on the "freebie" rifle... maybe next weekend.
Need to get busy today on checking antifreeze in everything, will take a couple days to get it all done.
Prayers for those with health issues and others, and our country.
Have a good day and be safe.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 73º and cloudy here headed for the low 80's with chances of rain this morning.

The Wife and I finished our storeroom cleaning project yesterday morning and settled down to watch a movie. An old friend called and invited us over to visit and eat supper with them so we made the hour trip over to their place and had an enjoyable afternoon and evening.

Not much planned for today. I expect my running buddy will call but other than that we'll sit inside and watch the rain. Neither one of us slept well last night so a nap may be in order.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Administrator
12,745 Posts
Morning folks. It's 61 and cloudy here...seems like a broken record. Headed to low 70's I think. Yesterday we went to a gun drawing and worked until about 4:30, so I didn't get anything done this weekend and didn't get my nap. Didn't sleep well and overslept a little, I should have stayed home. Miss Sue's off for the holiday, but she roused me out of bed anyway. Grrrr. Oh well, I have a lot of work to do before I leave for vacation here in 2 weeks. Going to try to hunt after work tonight. Hopefully get a birthday buck. Speaking of birthdays, Happy Birthday Ken!

Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 67 in Louisville, going to 84. Rain coming in tonight, but should only be a few hours.

Charlie, check off this third to last Monday. Only two more left, and one of those I'll be on vacation in the Smokies. I don't think I'll have Internet access in the cabin we've rented, so starting on Wednesday my appearances here may be a little sketchy.

Joe, if your surgeon runs on schedule, he's working on your knee right about now, so I'm praying for that to go well. Did you remember to request JB Weld?

I was in Paducah this weekend, visiting my mom and attending my 50th+1 high school reunion. It was due last year, but was canceled because of COVID. Out of a class of about 75, 18 of our classmates are dead. About twenty-five of the living were in attendance and it was a real good time. I was pleasantly surprised that I would have recognized many of my classmates even without a name tag. A good number of them look pretty much like they did way back then.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for JoeZ, baby Ellis, and all the other needs mentioned here.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Morning all, from Newark Ohio. The daughter got married yesterday without a hitch, nice little ceremony, about 20 folks there and the kids. Had it catered by BBQ joint and it was top notch, pizza for the kids. My left hip has killed me all weekend, sure will be glad to get home. Have to put up blinds, fill up deer feeders and put 2 cameras out tomorrow probably. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
Mornin boys...
It was cool and foggy here high on RUGER MT this morning.
Back to the old grind today.
Did catch a few trout this weekend and eat too much
at the pigout...you all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
A clear Sixty five and going to an even clearer 77 with strong probability of grass cutting today. No animals were injured in the production of this post.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
GM from the neck stretchers office, where I may be making my last visit for a while. Doing a lot better now if my shoulder would improve a bit...but I guess I can live with it.

KF is practicing for retirement already going to the mountains. I went to the BEACH 4 times the year I retired. Jesse was in Ft Bragg then so that made it a daytrip.
Skruske is halfway to Flordis Grandkidville pedaling furiously I say.

I think I will try to fire a few rounds later today.and maybe cut up some downed ash trees this afternoon. Maybe get about 20 snares made for Coyotes.

Have a safe day and "Let's Go Brandon."

·
Registered
688 Posts
Good Morning from the ☁ E side of the Chesapeake. 66 with a high of 74 . 20% chance of 🌧. We did get a couple of spits yesterday nothing to account for much got the walkway wet for 5 minutes. We are in much need of rain it has rained all around us.
Coastal flooding for the last 2 days . I'm sure it's the system that's been off the coast that is causing that.Tides are a lot higher .
Old neighbors came down to wet for them to run the combine so they came down . He brought his mom hadn't seen her in 3 years 92 years old .
I had my old neighbor ask me yesterday if I would breed my male that he wanted to breed his female . He has always told me that Jake my dog is a product of good breeding. He has always had 2 labs and one of them has something wrong with it and he said he doubt it will make it through the winter . I told him yes I would for him . U could tell from day 1 that he thought a lot of my hound . I told him when she comes in let me know and hopefully we will not be in Florida. Everyone have a great day and stay safe.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ended up the day with about an inch of rain. Luckily didn’t get what OKC got to the east of us. Hail, few tornadoes, and 80 mph winds. yuck….
Son reported 5 bucks taken during archery hunt. The last of them took off this morning and I think all of them had a great time. He said all of them except one were big mature deer. When you have a group there is always 1-2 that get buck fever and think that a fork horn is a wall hanger when they come in. Oh well….it happens. I don’t think any of the bucks that I had been seeing on the trail cam app were even seen during the hunt….LOL. They have a way of knowing when to stay put.
Give son a day of rest, then need to talk ranch with him. I think we need to drill another well to take care of cattle on wheat fields somewhere (close to electricity) and do some serious fence repairs / corners and water gaps. Several stretchs where our renters have gotten into it with farm equipment. Always something to fret over. Probably need to hire fencing crew to come in for a week or two and just get it done. Sure don’t think he will have time for the next 3-4 months.
You guys have a great day and week. Wednesday is local Dr. appt for general check up for RX refills. Thursday is OKC run for infusion.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts