Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
40° here in Upstate NY this morning under fair skies with the stars out, the high temperature for today will get up to about 55°. It will be a mostly cloudy day with a mild breeze of 5 to 8mph.

Yesterday was a day at home of somewhat rest, I did get my yard mowed in the afternoon though. I had plans for Rusty and I to be out after birds this morning but that got changed sadly.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
50° and falling here this morning but the pretty little lady on Channel 9 says we will make it up to 70° this afternoon and we can expect the same for the next few days. I didn’t get much done after I got home from work yesterday. I stopped to visit Mom and she had bought a couple of small tables that needed to be assembled. This weekend at work took its toll on me and I was in bed before 8:00 last night. It could be another long day at work today but I’m not quite sure yet.
Fall is in the air so that means we need to start winterizing around here. Might even get on the roof and brush the chimney this week. Make it a good day.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Good morning from Waseca where it's clear and 53, high of 74 with a good breeze.
Going shooting today. I missed the past 2 weeks with the old curmudgeon's.
I need to decide what rifle needs shooting the most.
Nothing else to exciting,
Hope everyone has a great Monday,
Ken

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
morning all. 38 and wet outside. High of low 60s today. 40% chance of moisture, mountain was white at dark last night.
Started raining yesterday while we were at church, not hard but wet just the same. Won't be any baleing for several days now.
Gwyn harvested her garden in the rain yesterday afternoon, I "helped". Then we took a bunch of vegies to her Mom. Worked
in the hobby shop for the rest of the afternoon. Got a ways on the Henry 22 lever action and started working on the rust bucket Westernfield
22. Found the firing pin is broken on it and got one ordered. Used some rust remover on the barrel and was impressed with it. Can't remember
what brand it was, found it on Amazon.
Better move along, slowly as my back is really hurting today. Have a good one and be safe. Prayers for those with needs and issues.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Great morning folks,

Very thin clouds with 35° and hoping to see 65° later here near HalfwayUSA.

It's finished. Fitting all the way to the shoulder made for a tight fit.

Skydd oil on the handle and I went with NO-Oxide high wax grease on the head to retain the shinny look.

The edge sharpening was pretty simple, sharp on both sides.(y)(y)

Looks like errands to run today. I will probably replace the top flue on the chimney.

·
Administrator
13,807 Posts
Good morning folks. It's back to work Monday Mikey. I sure would rather be home, still in bed. A few more winks is always nice. It's 47, only going to 54. It looks like Ian is stuck off Jersey right now, still spinning over us. Not raining at the moment but they say it'll be a day or two before it's totally out of here. We needed the rain though. Yesterday Miss Sue and I went to Rural King to return some jack stands my mom got me. They didn't have the 6 ton, so I bought a bottle jack instead. We then stopped at horrible freight and I grabbed the 6 ton stands there. A few more stops here and there yielded some other necessities like groceries. I got the new bearing sets for the boat trailer packed and stored in zip locks and put together my spare parts tool kit. I'm sure I'll have to order a few more things, but need to get the boat home to get part numbers.

Well, I better get to work. Have a good one,

Charlie

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Thirty-six and the frost is on the pumpkin…and everything else…this morning. That should be gone before long as the weather channel says sixty-one for a high. Our deer hunters got skunked over the weekend as the big bucks on the camera come in at night and leave before dawn and there are no night vision scopes on the bows. And for a while they want big bucks. Soooooo skunked it is.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake. Rain Rain and did I say Rain much needed Rain 50 headed to a high of 56.Brrrrr . Time to start thinking about the journey south soon.
Yesterday didn't do much aerated a small area and went to West Marine in Dville and purchased a fiberglass dock box ouch they are mighty proud of those boxes .
Today I'll ride up to the boatyard and pick Jennings on painting the bottom of the boat the do's and don'ts.
Everyone have a good day stay safe,warm and dry. Until we meet again.
HHH

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 54º and Sunny here headed for the low 80's with a dry week ahead.

Yesterday the oldest Son and I headed to Deer Camp to top off the feeders and change the cards in the cameras. We saw a few Deer and after we got home and looked at the camera cards saw that I have a couple of decent Deer on one of my cameras. And hogs! Lots of hogs! And ***** and Turkeys.

I think today is going to be a lazy day and late this afternoon we'll head over to Hot Springs and watch one of the younger Grandsons play ball.

Prayers offered for those in need and our Country.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Morning all, 59 heading to 71 they say. Had a great weekend with my daughter and her husband. He and I shot several rifles, a .264 Win mag, 6.5 Swede, .243, and 45/70 Rolling block. My daughter asked him which one he liked the best, he said the rolling block, cause it was just plain fun. I also shot a new to me crossbow yesterday evening late, a Bear Saga 405fps. It is #210 pound, but the crank makes it easy to cock. It is spot on from 10-30 yds with the first crosshair in the scope, and the second one is on from 40-50yds. Man is it fast and quiet, am planning on doing some hunting this week, hopefully turn it loose on a big fat doe. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Feeling better today. Handy man showed up this morning to put new back door on for wifey. It’s been laying in my reloading building for about a year…🤷
Also going to have him replace a motion light under carport with a led one. Never was really pleased with the old one. We’ll see how this one works.
Son got to shoot the 250-3000 yesterday after lunch. Just wanted to sight in with the old scope that was on it and factory Ammo. He said it would kill a deer at 200 yards, but wouldn’t feel comfortable trying for a coyote at 500 yards. He’s kind of spoiled with those custom rifles he’s been having made.
Anyway grandson got to shoot it a few times and he’s happy camper. That’s what it’s all about. I’ll see what I can find to replace scope soon. I know his dad won’t worry about it. If it don’t have a ringed tail and up a tree with dogs underneath it, he ain’t interested.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.
Smile Cartoon Facial expression Organ Sharing

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 53 in Louisville, going to 72 and sunny. Real dry around here. I think the weather babe said something like 0.16" in the past three weeks. Personally, I think the squirrels and chipmunks order this weather because it makes it so much fun driving the deer hunters crazy. I can't count the times I've been up in a tree stand and think, "That's got to be a deer. The steps are right, the pacing is right, the pauses are right. GOT to be a deer." Nope, it's a squirrel! :mad:🤬:mad:

Charlie, I'm checking another Monday off your retirement calendar. I'm still learning about retirement as I approach the one-year mark (Oct. 30). But one of the things that happened pretty quickly was that Monday changed from my least favorite day of the week to my favorite. Weekends are not quite as exciting and anticipated, but Mondays are now really special. :)

Scott, I love the ax, and you've got a PM. Click image below for some weird axes.
Plant Green Gesture Font Grass

Y'all have a great Monday, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here and for our nation. I'm continuing special prayers for Florida.

·
Registered
7,385 Posts
Noontime greetings from the sticks of Kentucky at a community dinner for Old Folks. JB has donated a beautiful Quilt to sell chances on. One fella just bought a Hunert dollars worth.
Dean sent a photo of his Mountain today.
Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Snow

I may load up a load of firewood after I get out of here.
Table Ice hotel Leisure Recreation Fun

One of the servers today.
Have a safe day folks.
I thought I was old nuff to go to the "Old Folks" dinner, but the old lady sitting across from me is 98. And looks better than me I think.
Table Clock Chair Event Desk

Product Purple Creative arts Sleeve Rectangle

Judy Brown's Quilt. Old traditional Wedding Ring I thinks...hand quilted.

·
Registered
Remington, Savage, Rossi, or Marlin guns
28 Posts
I’m gonna sneak in before noon quick. We had a low of 43 and it’s heading to 78. Not a cloud in the sky. Had a relaxing day yesterday and had lunch with some of my cousins. More fieldwork today but will try to get done by tomorrow. I want to go elk hunting as soon as possible and deer season starts on the tenth. Anyway, I hope you all have a good day and God bless. Tyson

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Back from the dentist and even had lunch already. The trip into town wasn't bad at all, made most of the lights and most of the traffic must have been a bit earlier. Didn't need any dental work other the cleaning. so good for another 6 months. My wife had one filling cracked and that will be fixed next month. Time for my PT and maybe a short nap.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
70° at 1:30 headed to 82°
Waiting for the mix truck. You can see the line pump layed out ready to pump. Stringlining the walls as they pump the footing, that is cutting it close.
Sky Wood Tree Land lot Plant
Sky Slope Asphalt Road surface Plant

1 - 20 of 21 Posts