Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
63° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, we had some showers late yesterday and overnight. The high temperature today will only get up to about 66° with showers and possibly thunderstorms today. We have a 90% chance for rain and the wind will be mild.

I spent yesterday mostly just taking life easy, we didn't go to church. Today I have a bunch of work to do here at home and I know I have paperwork I need to catch up on. I know I will be on the road for two days this week I want to get out with Rusty for more bird hunting.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 62 going to 75 possible rain. I have not seen the 1000 223 ammo I ordered from Mid South will have to check that out in the near future. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 50 and clear, high of 70.
After church yesterday I headed to the range with the FN. I have been trying to get it to shoot for 2 years. Several different scopes always produced the same dismal patterns. Saturday I had picked up another scope try. This time it worked. Getting it on paper took time but I ended with 6 shots in a inch at the 50nyard zero target. Happy.
The computer and I may be getting the deleted files restored. Onedrive tried to erase every file from both computers.
Looking forward to shooting with the guys this afternoon,
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
13,508 Posts
Mornin boys...
Upper 60s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Rain most of the day yesterday, they say it may be wet all this week.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
morning all. 35 again with upper 60s today. Looks like a sunny week.
After church and lunch yesterday, I got my baler ready and went to bale, called the bossman and we got
the field done in short order. That is the last of the alfalfa for this year, only about 20 acres of oat hay left to bale today... I hope.
After baling I came home and put the cheap 20gauge auto back together for the kid. Gave it a test drive and all work well.
Tri Star guns are kinda made cheap, but the customer service is great and easy to deal with, call and they send the parts free!
Better get moving, Have a good day and be safe. Prayers for those with health issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Early morning wake up for me, 65 headed to 75, this is supposed to be the hi for the week. Mike Midsouth is 6=8 days behind on shipping, minimum, I order from them regularly. Up early got a doc appt this am in Lexington, 2 or more hours away. Got to get moving, you all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Administrator
12,745 Posts
Good morning folks. I'm sure Mikey is running out of work Monday's quick. Just a bit jealous there. I'll be sure to keep working, paying into social security for you ole geezers for awhile. ;) It's 67 here and a band of rain just rolled thru. I think it'll be cloudy most of the day with rain and perhaps storms later. High of 81. Forecast changed overnight. I had planned on hunting this afternoon. May have to rethink that. Or, just go to Mom's stand, since she's got a roof over hers. We'll see as the day progresses.

I didn't do much yesterday. I pulled trail cam cards and changed batteries. Nothing new, same ole does/fawns, a 5 pt and a few spikes. Except I did catch a small bobcat in the front yard early one morning. I knew they are here, never got one on cam before. I'd really love to see one. PA has a season, but not in my area...yet. Population is still a little too low. After things dried off I got the yard mowed. It was dry and dusty and I got all stuffed up and got to sneezing and carrying on. Allergies I guess. I got a few things ready for our SD trip and checked on the camper. Miss Sue thinks she might be able to get a week off after all. She may fly to SD and ride back with us.

Well, speaking of Monday...I guess I better get to work. Prayers offered. Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Great morning folks,

Drizzle & dampness continues as it has for the past 24 hours with our temperature at 63° here near HalfwayUSA.

No campers were disturbed and no adventure began yesterday due to rain delay. Despite wet conditions & precipitation, the camper will go on the truck this morning & some time today we'll roll out.

·
Registered
9,909 Posts
Good morning all. Gloomy 64 heading for 74 in Indy. Rain possible all day. No golf today. Been to the biscuits & gravy joint, solved a couple of world problems, and now I'm pretty much done for the day. The only thing I have to remember is eye drops in the right eye 4 times prepping for a laser procedure tomorrow. Hope I remember.

Charlie, thanks for thinking about us geezers. SS is the world's biggest Ponzi scheme. But, since I didn't pay in during my police career, I don't get much. The "not much" is further reduced by 40% thanks to "The Windfall Elimination Provision". If your pension is based on a law, your SS benefit is reduced. I could go on at length..........I'll spare you that!
Have a good day.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Good Morning from the ☁ E side of the Chesapeake. They keep pushing the 🌧 further back 🤔 .Old friend came over yesterday and we had a large time . Fried chicken, potato salad , pasta salad and 🍅 pie . For desert we had a A &W Root beer float . All was good . Then yesterday evening we rode over to our old neighbor's river place to see them . This is their last weekend down unless weather keeps them from harvesting
. Well I need to get moving need to run to the machine shop to get a little welding taken care of .
Everyone have a great day and stay safe. U know guys this morning I was just thinking a little about friends , family and life in general and U know God is Great how fortunate we are .
JW

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 64º and cloudy here headed for the low 80's. It looks like we have chances of rain for tomorrow and Wednesday and then another warm-up.

Yesterday was a slow day for us. At one time I believe the Wife, the Cat and I were all napping! I did get out to the storeroom and did a little more straightening up, an ongoing project!

Todays big event is me having an MRI scheduled in the early afternoon. They use the MRI images to track the progression of my MS and the effectiveness of my treatments. Thankfully the noise and close quarters doesn't bother me, but it always seems like I get an itch someplace that drives me crazy!

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and other in need.

Y'all have a good one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts