Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
37° here in Upstate NY this morning under partly cloudy skies, the high temperature for today is to only get up to about 39°. We may get some snow/rain showers and it will remain mostly cloudy with about a 10-mph wind.

Yesterday morning we went to church and in the afternoon, I spent time just resting and daydreaming some. This time of the year is when I usually start thinking about what I want to do for the next year. Today I will be on the road for a time this morning, hopefully I will be able to do nothing this afternoon.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 18, partially cloudy and high of 36. Should be a good day. Yesterday was the day of rest and I needed that. Today is back to the demands of life.
Meeting this morning with the Pastor, print mailing labels, get gear ready to shoot this afternoon, stuff and sticker envelopes, nap? No.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday,
Ken

·
Registered
13,633 Posts
Mornin boys...
Phone says its 44 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Guess I'm going to work today, the rest of the week...more than likely
not. The deer should be moving more this week and momma needs meat
for the freezer...lol Never know for sure what I'll be doing til I get to the shop
but Friday we was tring to figure out where we was going to get power for the
controls for the circulator pumps for the new furnaces they put in 1 of the schools.
Think we found a panel that would work so now gotta run conduit across the furnace room, should be fun going over and around all the stuff already there.
Nuff of that work stuff, 8 more hours and I'm hunting for 5 days...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 28 going to 35? Where's that lady singing "Baby its cold outside" that would warm me up nicely!! I'm going to tackle putting up the Christmas tree, all 2.5 feet of it. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Good morning, it's 41* here and overcast. Worked up some 22-250 brass yesterday about a hundred pieces, load up a few and see what the 788 likes best. I need to go feed my critters, and get some coffee in me. You all have a good and safe one out there today.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
MRC if putting up the Christmas tree involves “tackling it”, you’re doing something wrong. We went for the poop walk already and I discovered the ground iz friz. When we got back in the house I discovered why that iz. It’s 24 degrees out there. We really start preparing for Thanksgiving today. We’re cooking a fresh, never frozen, turkey this year and since we are now having at least 18 people for dinner, Jan decided we better also cook a turkey breast. So, if there’s any shortages in the stores, we are the cause. After the light of day today, I’ll take a couple pictures of why there’s a shortage of primers in the stores. JR in Kentucky knows I’m one to stockpile but never horde. There is a difference. And now there is fresh coffee to brew and things to do.

·
Registered
110 Posts
30 at the moment headed to 50.
Worked Saturday, 02:30 got home at 14:00. Was going to take a nap and a phone call, I was on the run and got home at 22:00.
That used to be close to a normal day for me.
Lol, up at 06:00 Sunday. Never could get a full head of steam for some reason:rolleyes: Was going to go shoot but talked myself out of that after the wind picked up.
Moved some stuff around by the bench. Forgot I had about six 5 gallon buckets of lead that need smelted. May get to that this coming long weekend, maybe. Saw a buddy Saturday he reminded me there is a NRL22 match this coming weekend. Need to check 50 yard zero if I go.
Where in the heck does time go gents?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Great morning folks,

The temperature has been steady at 29° with fast moving clouds overhead here near HalfwayUSA. A front moved through last evening with driving rain & 50mph wind gusts.

That wind moved most of the leaves out of the trees and onto the ground. I suppose the eave troughs need the same attention they got yesterday.

I was outside & busy just after day light and getting chores caught up before the expected rain arrived. Most things got done. Running the mower around chopping up leaves waited until later in the afternoon. I did finish a cutting board to cover the sink in the camper. Debra Dearest is pleased with the results.

I've been busy Christmas clicking. Several items are checked off with just a few more to go.

We have a couple errands to attend to. I have to verify that the all the turkeys have been gobbled up by FB.;)

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
morning all. nice crisp 7 here this morning, mid 50s later...maybe. Looking better for snow Wednesday, we need moisture.
After church and lunch I got in a short nap yesterday, then worked on our solar heater project, it's slowly coming together.
Might be done by spring.
Need to go to town for some filters for the farm, got a list made up now just have to talk myself into going. And that's hard to do.
Breakfast is ready, better get around. Have a good safe day. Prayers for those with health issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 45º and Sunny here headed for the upper 50's. It looks like it will gradually warm up and then rain on Thanksgiving.

I came back from Deer Camp yesterday and unloaded a minimum of stuff from the truck. I had an enjoyable week with the oldest Son and Grandson. We had a little excitement the Friday night before opening day. My Son had to work that Friday and didn't get to leave home until after dark. Well, he hit a Deer on the way to camp and probably totaled his truck. I left camp and went looking for him and we loaded all of his stuff in my truck and waited for the tow truck. The Grandson was complaining about pains in his chest so we went to the nearest Hospital for X-Rays. He was ok, just sore. Both air bags deployed but no one was hurt. We got back to camp about 1:30 AM.

The Grandson stepped up to a 308 this year from a 223. I had given Him a Remington 700 Classic when He was born and He/We decided that he was big enough this year to try it on.

Not sure what today holds yet. The oldest Granddaughter is here for a few days so I'll probably hang around close.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Administrator
12,875 Posts
Good morning folks. It's Monday Mikey...oh that's right. You don't care anymore. Luckily a 3 day week though. It's about 43 here only going to 46. Had showers last night, nothing major. Actuality warmed up bit since last night. Going to be a chilly week and even chillier this weekend for the deer opener. Glad I have Lillie as an excuse. If she gets cold, then we can go home. LOL. Saw her yesterday and she is excited to go.

Saw several deer yesterday. Just picked the wrong tree. One buck was decent, running does hard. I would have shot him, just because of the price of out of state tags. Hell I'd have shot a doe yesterday, but none came close. I did have a button buck right under me and he doesn't know how close he was to becoming biscuits and gravy. Right Donnie? I think I may try to hunt Thanksgiving morning. Supposed to be a nice day and not as cold. We go to my cousin's at 4pm to eat so I have all day to gut and drag. Boss killed a nice one with the bow in WV yesterday. Maybe it's my turn?

Well had computer problems and they just now think they got me fixed up. We shall see.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Low of 32° last night 40% chance of rain with a high of 54°.
Photograph Black Organism Font Line

Hey Charlie if you see one of these on your trail cam I may or may not be in PA 😁

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
36° breezy degrees in the sticks of Kentucky today. Leaves are astirin on those pear trees in front of the house.

Watching the news about the Waukesha Wisconsin parade killer. I have my own theory but I will just keep it to myself. Christmas Parade, Christians, White Folks.

Judy Brown informed me today that her Relief Babysitters will be a week later than she thought.
I need to set some more Coyote Snares, but I don't have any more "Trails" under fences. I may have to resort to Night Vision, but I get cold easy anymore.
Gotta check Cows and Cats to see what's gone wrong last night.

Sky Cloud Working animal Natural landscape Dairy cow

This one is live on the ground....(growed up field in the back is DamSchoolteacher field)
Have a safe day folks, and stay outta other folks faces andvyou probably be good to go.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
May be an image of text that says 'CHICKEN LITTLE ONE DAY THE FIRST GRADE TEACHER WAS READING THE STORY OF CHICKEN LITTLE TO HER CLASS. SHE CAME TO THE PART WHERE CHICKEN LITTLE WARNS THE FARMER. SHE READ, ...AND CHICKEN LITTLE WENT UP TO THE FARMER AND SAID. THE SKY IS FALLING! THE TEACHER THEN ASKED THE CLASS, AND WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT FARMER SAID? ONE LITTLE GIRL RAISED HER HAND AND SAID, THINK He SAID: 'HOLY SH T! A TALKING CHICKEN! THE TEACHER WAS UNABLE TO TEACH FOR THE NEXT IO MINUTES. MINI MB BRO mini_bro77 f Mini bro ツツ'

Alright…whose grandkid was this….LOL
Looks like JR is making money every day. I’ll bet JB is having fun (while staying busy). She’s probably spoiling that granddaughter way out west. You may have to go get her. She may not come home on her own.
Need to get around and head down the hill. I hope more animals were harmed this morning. They had a great time yesterday afternoon at the range. I got to visit some with the Mossy Oak boss and he said he had a great day. First time he has ever got to “ring steel” past 500 yards. Thought it was awesome to make hits out to 1000 yards.
I didn’t make it over there as I was watching Chiefs whup up on Dallas. But one of the guides said they were having fun. Son went home right after supper last night. I think he is wearing down from all the doins…. He is always the first up and the last one to go to bed. After a month or two, it begins to take a toll.
Wifey just hollered and told me to wear something “mossy oak” today. Must be having a group photo today…LOL

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Premium Member
5,261 Posts
Good morning everyone...30° here at the shop now. Working on the 8" tile boot and trying to get it done this week. Other than that no plans here except going out to eat with my mom one day this week before the holiday. Since both kids are in Nevada right now the wife and I aren't doing anything for Thanksgiving. We may cook a ham but not sure yet. Her mom has chemo the day before and may not be feeling well. I plan on trying to hunt some if I can.

That's quite the stash FB....I think I got about 10k small rifle and maybe 5 or 6k large....no small pistol and few large pistol.

Hope everyone has a good day!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts