Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
48° here in Upstate NY this morning under partly cloudy skies, the high temperature for today will get up to about 66° with a 50% chance for some showers. The chance will also carry into tonight but not much is expected.

Yesterday I went up to the gun club in the morning for a couple of hours and in the afternoon I mowed the lawn. This morning I think I will head out to do some shooting once again and this afternoon I will do some work here at home.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 55, cloudy and getting to 63. No rain.
Yesterday was a day of rest and that's what I did. The neighbor boy came by and mowed my lawn. Today is a early trip to Mankato, then shooting. Got to do laundry in there sometime.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Good Monday morning from NC Ohio 55 going to 70 and wet. Going to rain today so the dry barn looks like the place to be and Charlie grilling post made take some chicken out of the freezer. Its grilled chicken for dinner, may take the 22 to the barn with me, the windows open wide for a variety of opportunity. Be safe and healthy Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
13,082 Posts
Mornin boys...
Low 60s here high on RUGER MT.this morning.
Looks like rain for the next day or 3.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
morning all. 39 with wind chill of 20. Blew all night and will all day too. 35 mph over night. Might be some moisture too, but probably just dirt. Just upper 40s for the high temp today!
Saturday was a busy one, got three sprinklers serviced, but was a nice wind less day.
Yesterday after chores and church in town, I took it kinda easy, got in a nap then took Gwyns car over to the farm shop and serviced it. Was past due for a oil change.
Didn't get any time to work on my cartridge collection though, really wanted to get it off the bench and back on display.
Not sure what I'll get done with the wind blowing the way it is today, need to get more sprinklers going...but!!!
Better get moving, have a good first week of May! Prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Great morning folks,
52° with scatter rain heading this way from Indiana for much of the day here near HalfwayUSA. Only 66° today after an 85° high yesterday.

Most of the chores got handled yesterday. I even gave my truck a thorough washing. I got about 1/2 cord of cut & stacked before lunch. I have a pile that needs splitting. I may do that in between rain drops today. I have an errand or two to take care of later today as well.

·
Registered
8,905 Posts
Up early for me. Been sprinkling all night and still at it. Another K or two of IMI swaged and more in the wings. That bungee on the Dillon is the cat's meow.
Rider just showed up, gotta scoot. Tom out

·
Administrator
12,332 Posts
Good morning varmints of all shapes and sizes. It's 65 here with clouds and a few rain drops. Looking like it's going to rain most of the day. Good...we need it. Still dry around here, haven't found but 5 mushrooms so far, and all were tiny and shriveled up. Didn't have time to even look this weekend, was too busy. Sunday was not a day of rest here. I helped the neighbor cut up a cherry limb that blew over last week. While the saw was out, I hacked the low lying maple limbs off and drug the branches to the brushpile/rabbit condo. I got them up about 20 feet now so they don't hit me when I mow under them. Also took a few off the oak out back. Then I cleaned up leaves and accumulated mess from the winter, got the back deck cleaned off, getting ready to pressure wash and stain. Who knows when that will happen? Sue potted up all her flowers she got last week and I planted a few new shrubs. I also ran down the road to the neighbors and dug out some native trees and brought back up here and planted. After dinner, the wind finally laid down so I spot sprayed some weeds in the back yard. Didn't take me long to fall asleep last night!

Well, today is Monday, so back to work Carpman. Better get busy. I'm running late today. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
I’ve been up for a while. I watched the cloud cover change to rain and the temperature has gone from 58 to 61 degrees with the high expected to be 63 so what we see is what we get. For entertainment I then read the three Detroit TV websites. It seems ammo has become either inobtanium or too high priced for the scofflaws of Detroit and the weapon of choice is the automobile. There were three fatal hit and runs in Detroit over the weekend with a total of five dead. Not to fear, there was at least one shooting with nine shots entering one poor soul who survived. It was not listed as a hate crime but I doubt it was love.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Monday, yuck! But glad to be getting a paycheck, so I'll just sing the Seven Dwarves' "Hi Ho!" song and bear down. It's 66 in Louisville, going to 78 and cloudy. As TAJ already said, we've had sprinkles since sometime last night and we're supposed to have heavier rain through about Wednesday morning. The weather was perfect from Friday through yesterday, Derby Weekend, so we can't grumble about a little rain early this week.

Here in Louisville we had three shootings in an hour yesterday around 6 or 7 p.m. One light injury, one critical, and one fatal. The shootings were all in the city's West End, but police don't know if there was one shooter or several. And one of our biggest problems is that those who live there won't talk because the thugs tell them, "We know who your grandbabies are. You say one word to the po-po and your family will get it next time." So, no one talks and about 60-70% of the West End shootings never even have a suspect. We've had 59 homicides already this year, the deadliest 4-month stretch on record here.

Y'all have a great day, be safe and smart, and pray for our friends and our nation.

·
Registered
9,680 Posts
Good morning gents. It's raining and 59 in Indy heading for raining and 74. No golf today for sure. Had breakfast and I'm back home wondering what I'll do for the rest of the day. Lotta' could-do stuff around but it doesn't always translate to did-do stuff. Really should straighten up the reloading palace and try to figure out what stage of reloading all that brass is in and should I go ahead and load it. Some days I'm pretty motivated, some days not so much. Haven't determined which yet today.

Don't worry FB. They'll be banning cars soon enough. At least the ones driven by fossil-fuel. They'll call 'em assault vehicles. We're old-fashioned in Indy. We're still shooting folks every night. We'll step up the pace once it gets good and hot.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Morning Gents!

Its 70º and cloudy here headed for the mid 80's. Rain is back in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow.

The oldest Grandson played ball again yesterday morning. They played a good close game but lost by a point. Afterwards we all went for lunch at a Mexican restaurant. The Wife, the DIL and I all had Margaritas and the Wife dozed off on the way home.

Not sure what today holds yet. We may be moving equipment or working on a lake house or something. My beer fridge in the garage has quit cooling and I'll be making some calls to find someone to look at it.

Prayers offered for those in need, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky where we have Light Rain and hopefully more of it continuing for the day. We are Dry. But not "Dean Dry" but the hay needs rain..

Yesterday I was Drug to the Rhonda party "thing" and escaped after 4 hours. All the folks there went away Happy and carrying merchandise.
Today I may actually load some .45 ammo and work on my hay Fluffer a bit tightening up loose stuff bout to fall off. They take a lot of abuse and shake themselves apart.
JB will go somewhere....imagine that.

Otis the Cat is a Pappa again but I haven't seen the kids yet. He has every Female cat in the whole Area pumped up. He's my Hero.

Francisco and KF, I can ship some good Hollow point ammo to D Troit or Louvil if you get some contacts. It can be very effective as a population control.

Have a good safe day folks.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Little late today 69degrees cloudy and hopefully rain . Got back to VA Friday night Saturday morning . 14 hr straight drive . The Mrs purchased subs the night before so only 3 stops for gas . Been busy straighting the yard up around the house . I did get a picture of a mute swan yesterday . Have a good day .
IMG_20210502_170156889~3.jpg

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Morning all, late check in for me. 50 heading to 75 today, Thunderstorms the next 2 days off and on all day/night and rain till Thursday. Church was good yesterday, so was the meal afterwards, sugar cured ham, fried chicken and all the sides, along with about 12 kinds of deserts. I did pretty good, only ate 2 small portions of deserts, have to watch my sugar intake. I put a buttpad on one of the Martinis yesterday, as it had been cut short for a young shooter, hope to get to wring them out this week and see how they all shoot. I am doing a lot of paperwork for mom this morning, with SocSec, just some things I have to do as her Guardian ever so often. You all have a good one, Buff out.

·
Premium Member
5,003 Posts
I'm real late today but I made it. Got a call from the dairy yesterday as I was just putting food on the grill. After eating I went out to look at a Silage truck that backed into a wall. Well the shaft on the back end that drives the chain and paddles to unload the silage took a direct hit and had a big bend and kink in it and was no way it was rolling. So this morning I got there with torches and we heated it up and used a endloader to yank it back out as straight as possible just to get it to rotate so they could unload the truck and get it pushed up on the pile and covered up.
Done a little weld build up on some no longer available track loader parts so Tony can remachine them into something close to what they used to be. After that I put the intake and oil pan and flexplate on my sons engine for his car and cleaned up some more parts.

Might tinker in the garage when I get home unless something else gets in the way.
Hope everyone had a good day!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts