Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
45° here in Upstate NY this morning under clear starry skies, the high temperature for today will be up to about 69°. It will be a nice sunny day with a mild wind all day of about 5 to 10mph. We won't be getting any precipitation today and it is to be a nice week forecast.

Yesterday I was busy all day, I got my yard all mowed in the morning and the afternoon saw me up to the gun club mowing. It was the first time mowing with the new lawn tractor we bought, and it worked well. This morning I have to be on the road to a business customer's that needs a new computer setup and data transferred from the old one.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 59 and warming up to 82, windy and maybe a bit of rain. Yesterday was great, in-laws fed us well.
Today is house chores and making motel reservations for the upcoming trip. I plan on taking a Mossberg out shooting this afternoon. I hadcit out once and it was surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
13,926 Posts
Mornin boys...
Looks like 47 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
I have got to get my butt in gear and look for stuff for Sat.
Cant put it off any longer. Well, I might take off a few days this week and hunt
some in the mornings and find stuff after that...yep, thats sounds like its the ticket...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Great morning everyone,

Mostly clear ski, light breeze and 49° as the sun is rising here near HalfwayUSA. We did get to 72° yesterday and will probably match that today.

A lot got done around here on Sunday. 8 seedlings got transplanted and will grow to make obstacles for mowing. 2 sledge hammers had handles added. Had to play amateur plumber by disassembling a P-trap & clean out the gunk that accumulates. Final touches cleaning out the big doublewide and removing that last of the Arizona dust. The garage got cleaned out as did the barn. Lastly, Debra Dearest enjoyed the dinner I made for us.

The mowers will get exercise today. I do have some bushes to trim also. I'm sure I will stumble on other things that need attention too.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
52° and it looks like we have A beautiful day in store. Sure was nice to have a great day with Mom and the family yesterday. Did a little bullet casting in the morning and mowed the front yard once the sun started going down. Might head to the range tonight to get zeroed in for Saturday. Hopefully, my son and granddaughter will show up so we can continue our assault on the bluegill in the lake.
I’m guessing JR is back in 606 By-Gawd Kentucky by now. Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
morning all. 40 with wind chill in the mid 30s and wind blew all night, yesterday was nasty.DRY too.
Wind started early yesterday and hasn't let up since. Gusts up to 60mph yesterday, same for today.
We loaded a cattle truck yesterday for the sale tomorrow, and today we will be working cattle again. Really dirty
in the corrals. Wind blew, shit flew and won't see for a day or two!!!
I did get a little time to work in our work shop, got some brass sorted and started preping some 357mags.
Time to get moving along. Have a good day, be safe and prayers for those in need.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Good Morning Everyone from the banks of the Chesapeake Bay in rural VA . 50 climbing to 63 today finally sun .Been raining since we have been back .
I have a couple of planned appointments this morning then later on hopefully I'll head to pick up the boat . Yesterday afternoon I noticed that the state inspection had ran out on both the truck and pickup now everything gets inspected on the month of May .
Then we will start on yard work . Even though we had someone weeding and cutting the grass its not to my standards by no means . I believe the guy running the mower must have been blind and he didn't know how to use a weed eater . Anyway once it dries out we will get to get going on that .
Everyone have a great day and stay warm dry and safe .
HHH

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
59* here and a warming trend in store.....????...... they are saying 88* tues. and 90* wed..... we,ll see.... sonows gone,hummingbirds back...... gonna plant tomatoes today.....

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
We’ve been bitten by tomato frost before so we haven’t even looked at tomato plants yet, Bill. Memorial day or there abouts suits us fine. The lettuce is looking good though.

·
Administrator
13,334 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 51 from a low of 41 here, headed to 70s later. Just hope it dries out. I need to mow tonight. Sure wasn't happening yesterday. We had a nice time with my mom and kids yesterday. I made chuck roast burn ends for lunch and they were delicious. The grandbaby is getting big, and Lillie too. Unfortunately, she has a chorus event won't be coming along to Jackie's this weekend. I loaded some 20 TAC ammo for the trip. I'm more interested in dialing it in Friday, preparing to hunt live groundhogs when we get back. Probably won't even shoot Saturday. See how it goes. I started getting the camper ready after the kids left. Battery in, de-winterized, vacuumed out the dead bugs, and gathered gear to go along. I'll set it on the truck Wed. We plan on leaving Thurs evening, driving part way and resting for the night. Should be to Jackie's by noon-ish Friday. Really looking forward to seeing everyone....and getting the heck away for a weekend.

Better get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
GM from the sticks of Kentucky at a FreezinAss 48° last night. SO. I built a wood Fire in the Stove!!!. Nice and warm so Judy Brown wouldn't have to wear A Coat in the house. We Facetime the Skruske whilest we were on the Ship and old Skruske just had his Ears and Eyes poking out of A Overcoat to his Neck.

Damcows.

This is just about what I found when we got home.
4 out in Neighbors hayfield, Electric Fences torn down, All Other Lectric fences Dead Off...the Culprit...DamCat. Cat had unplugged the lectric cord going to the Fence Box. (Probably on purpose.) It took me 3 hours to get it sorted out and I plan on loading out some 500# calves this weekend. Hopefully.

On a good note....we had 3 inches water in the Rain Gauges, and Jackson's GF had mowed our yard, and I don't see Buzzards sitting around so there may not be any dead Damcows over here.
I highly recommend y'all take a Cruise Boat ride afore you pass on, and try to go to "That Place" you always wanted to go, cause we ain't here for long.
92° when I left the Crawfish Festival and do well to hit 75° today. @hedgehoghunter its Rough ain't it???
Lotta work to be done soon so I need to start that way.
I found my lost lover....sitting in the Gunsafe....my Battered up AR-15, so we may fire a few.

I tried to get JB to get her "Hair Done" at this joint in Lafayette, but she declined. Said she might "come out" with kinky hair.
Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Plant

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 59 in Louisville, going to 81 and sunny. May hit 90 on Wednesday. Forecast looks good for Friday and Saturday at Jackie's (BBB).

Donnie, don't worry too much about loading that ammo, except for what Melissa is gonna shoot. I remember one year she was mad as a wet hen because you waited until the night before and she shot really poorly. The rest of us really enjoyed seeing you get a tongue lashing that whole Saturday. Ha!

Charlie, I'm sorry Lillie can't make the trip, but it's sure gonna be good to see you and Sue. As I recall you guys had conflicts and missed a year or two even before 2020 and 2021. How long has it been? It sounds like Rooster and Ami may be there, and we haven't seen them in forever. I really miss the days when it was normal to have friends come from northern Illinois, Louisiana, and as far west as Montana or Wyoming (I think). (Oh, yeah, I'm checking off another Monday on Charlie's Retirement Calendar.)

I don't know what I'll get into today, but I need to reset the scope turrets on the Copper Mine. I took her to the range yesterday, shot a few decent groups, and shot some others that were head scratchers. I'd post some pictures, but I don't want to throw Kermit into such a deep depression that he just decides to stay in his hole.

Welcome home, JR! I don't think you've shot in the BBB in quite a while, but a lot of your out-of-town GoGo friends will be there, so I sure hope you can spend some time with us on Saturday. Maybe just before lunchtime. And don't show up without the tasty Judy Brown. Just sayin'.

Hope everyone has a great day, be safe, and remember to pray for our friends here, for our nation, and for the people of Ukraine.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Carp Man, what exact dessert you looking for?
I will put it on order.

Today is MAY DAY in Russia, celebrating the victory over Germany in WW 2.
Our President should have listened to General George Patton and pushed the DamRussians back across the Urals like the Wehrmacht was trying to do.
Could it be Roosevelt threw in with the wrong side?

Font Sleeve Emblem Symbol Electric blue

These soldiers will be Killed like Mice very soon.
The situation is dire for them, I wouldn't put it out of realm of possibility the Russians use a "Small" Nuclear weapon on the Steel Plant.

·
Premium Member
5,446 Posts
Good afternoon now...71°and sunny at the shop and I'm running a 9" electric grinder today....probably won't be able to pick anything up later. Loaded up some .223 yesterday morning but didn't make it out to shoot it yet. Hopefully today or tomorrow.
I got the bill for having 3 barrels black oxide....big ol $65!.....can't beat that at all! Next time I'll be sending actions off too.
Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Well it’s noon here. Had a busy last 3 days for me. Son cooked burgers for all of us, very good. Got a new trigger installed on the Begara 22 and shot it some (nice). Got a scope installed (finally) on the Win 9422 mag and sighted it in. Next on the agenda is mounting scope on the CZ 22 mag and sighting it in. I’m thinking the Win 22 mag may be my primary PU rifle (along with 2-3 more)
Little redhead got a big bouquet of flowers from her sister and a card wanting her to be flower girl at wedding next year. Lol….she worried all evening about what she was going to wear.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine, and all Y’all

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
The 9422 rifles are great plinking rifles. Mine are 22lr with open sights, but they are accurate, have good triggers, half cock safety and a good feel on the lever. Also, they stay pretty clean for a long time compared to a semiauto and are almost as fast as a semiauto for follow up shots.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts