Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
4,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
48° here in Upstate NY this morning under fair skies with the stars out, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 73°. It will be a sunny nice day with a mild breeze of about 5 to 9mph. No precipitation predicted for today.

I wish to Thank All of You for the condolences, I will tell my wife of them. My wife and BIL are taking it pretty well as they knew it was going to happen, I worry about my FIL as they were married for 71 years and were so very close. I fully expect he will be passing before too long; he is 97. For myself I will give what comfort I can to my wife, I was close with my in-laws especially my FIL. Being the way I am, I will grieve by myself and in my own fashion.

Prayers for all that are in need of them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
60° here in the northern Bluegrass with NO humidity and it feels absolutely wonderful outside. 24 hours ago I was leaving Crawford just as the sun was coming up. Just a couple miles from Bruce’s place, I pulled over to watch a Tom strut his stuff for the ladies. I took a video but I’m. not smart enough to post it.
Even though I wasn’t home for Father’s Day, My younger son, Ethan, surprised me with a pretty good gift. He mowed all of the grass both here and at Mom’s place. That was a pleasant surprise.
Speaking of pleasant surprises, I was crossing the bridge from Indiana into Louisville about 9:45 last night when fireworks started going off along the Ohio River. I was flattered that they went through all that trouble to welcome me back home. I suspect KY Fisherman organized it for me.

Make it a good day
Cloud Sky Natural landscape Dusk Plain

Sky Tree Plant Natural landscape Plain

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
Mornin boys...
50 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Had a good day yesterday, we got to go to the range and shoot
what better way to spend a day with the family...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 78 and clear, high about 97.
Busy week ahead, hardly a free hour. Shooting today, it'll be good to get back with the guys.
Need to get a rifle ready, coffee is good this morning.
Hopefully everyone will have a great Monday,
Ken

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Great morning folks,

Rain passing through with a bit of lightning and a comfortable 62° to begin another day here near HalfwayUSA. We will warm steadily to 90° by late afternoon.

Grass got mowed over in two stages yesterday. In between DD & I attended a get together for her dad. He seemed a bit more confused yesterday. Today will probably through off his routine as a new water heater is getting installed at his house. Deb will be going there to insure things are "normal"

Old hunting partner seems to be slowing down & doing even less than his usual pace of doing very little.

I am heading to Corey's shortly to finish pulling insulation from his attic. Hopefully we'll be done before it gets too hot.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Good Morning Everyone,
62 with a high of 80 . Hopefully I might have a grasp on my situation keeping my fingers crossed . I'm on High blood pressure meds and a couple other meds . As much as I hate to say I believe the blood pressure meds were causing some of my problems this med had a diuretic in it and I was becoming dehydrated. After blood work twice in the past couple weeks with excellent results I just wasn't feeling good . A week ago I said I'll see if I can figure this out . Yep I stopped my meds but I was monitoring my conditions to make sure things didn't go crazy. I contacted the doctor she provided me with a new blood pressure med without the diuretic and it's taking this weekend to rehydrate my body . I was becoming severely dehydrated. A very uncomfortable feeling.
Finished picking crabs last night reminded of years ago when we had a garden and we would set for hours shelling butter beans and snaps . Tomorrow will have some old friends over for lunch they were very helpful when we moved to the community. Looking to get the sprinkler estimate today or tomorrow. Very curious the cost I haven't installed a sprinkler system in 20 years . I did hear them say last week a well here cost around 24,000. Ouch!
I know the wells are between 700-900 feet deep.
George as much as I hate to say that's generally the case . My father lasted 11 months after my mother passed.He was totally lost . Both were fairly young both me and my wife's families don't have a long life line that's why the Mrs keeps telling me what do you plan to take it with you .
Anyway everyone have a great day stay safe and enjoy your day.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
morning all. 49 with possible mid 70s today, was cool and breezy yesterday and we got a few showers, just need alot more.
But it has rained on the mountain enough to make the creek run a little.
After church and a great lunch, I took a half hour nap then went to water some calves we have in a corral. Then home to work in
the hobby shop. Got some brass in the tumbler and worked on a couple hundred 357mag brass. Was a nice day and very relaxing.
Thank you all for the prayers for our niece and her hubby, haven't heard how they are doing but I'm sure it's not well.
Have a good day, be safe and prayers for those with health issues and other problems.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
415 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 57 going to 85 or there bouts under some cloudy skies. Water is dripping in the garden a cup of coffee in hand life is good. HHH, I'm always telling people " I've never seen a hitch on a Hurst yet. Be safe my friends Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Administrator
13,431 Posts
Good morning folks. It's Juneteeth all over, if you're govt. worker. Miss Sue has the day off. JR's upset, I'm sure, as he's not a govt worker no mo. It's 55 here, only going to 81. Perfectly pleasant day. Yesterday was gorgeous, and I'm glad a breeze was blowing because it could have been much hotter. I got the boat all washed and shined and the young(er) fella really liked it. Like me, when I was looking, he said he looked at a lot of JUNK before he saw mine. Looked good in pictures but get there and almost put your foot thru the floor because of rot. He left me a pile of cash. We'll meet at the notary after work and he'll come up to drag it out of there afterwards. I spent about all day on it. Really had it looking good, then after he left, got all my stuff out and got everything that goes with it together to give to him. It's going to be weird not having that in the driveway. Oh well...the search for the new one begins. Later tonight I'm running over to check out a swing set for the kids I saw on Craigslist. Nothing fancy, couple A-frames, swings, slide, etc. Wants $120. Heck the slide is worth that. Probably drag it home some time this week and take it down to the kid's house after we get back from vacation. 5 more days to blastoff.

Better get moving. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Good Morning folks....67* here....in North Illinois......going to 95*....AGAIN...... trying to heal after eye surgery last friday.... at 75 yrs..... you don`t heal like you were 18 no more..... corn is up about a foot..... soybeans maybe half that....
Plenty of work to do.... just gotta be careful.....
Have a great day....

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 65 in Louisville. Heat is back today, with a high of 91.

I got a lot of work done on Cindy's spalted maple tabletop yesterday, but it ended up with a big crack running most of the way down the center board. I'm gonna try to turn that serious flaw into a feature by filling the crack with colored epoxy kind of like this photo I stole from the Interweb. We'll see how it goes.
Wood Water Reptile Snake Electric blue

Besides more work on the table, I have to go pick up my repaired laptop here in a bit.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here, for our nation, and for Ukraine. Special prayers for George's family, for Bill's eye recovery, and for the young couple in Dean's family who lost their baby.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 77º and Sunny here headed for the low 90's.

I just got back from taking the Wife to an early check-in at the hospital. They plan for more heart test and some kind of new treatment or med, not sure exactly what. But they will have Her in ICU so She can be closely monitored. Any extra prayers would be appreciated.

Yesterday was a lazy day. The youngest Son and his Family went to Omaha to watch the Razorbacks play and stopped by on their way home. I tinkered in the new loading room and unpacked more stuff.

Todays plans are to find and unload the rest of my loading stuff thats still boxed up. I may meed our old Monday night crew for a few beers and supper tonight.

Prayers for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Took a few extra snoozes this morning. If anybody is curious, we had a GREAT time this weekend. Know I and my family really enjoyed the fellowship with the guests. I think they will attest to the fact that we had room for more of you. The lady who we had doing the cooking said she really enjoyed visiting with everyone...and I think they all can agree she did a wonderful job. Son and DIL jumped in Saturday evening and fixed a pretty good steak and fixins.
Tom and Dinah went to church with us yesterday and the preacher followed us back to the lodge for lunch. I think he and Tom had a couple of hours of good visiting.
I certainly hope more of you can come the next time we do this. I know my family and I didn't really know what to expect that our guests would like to do, and our guests didn't really know what they were getting into....LOL Next time we'll be better prepared to have more options. I hate it that CarlP didn't get to shoot his shotgun on the 5-stand trap range. I didn't realize that son had moved all the trap throwers out of the range to make room for more rimfire targets, etc.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine, and all Y'all.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Yesterday was a very good day, even if I wasn't at Bruce's. Mowed, trimmed some overhanging crabapple tree branches so I could grill some burgers for supper. Also worked on my sprinklers to get them adjusted right. All that about wore me out. Nothing else scheduled for this week until a visit to the oncologist on Thursday.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 65 in Louisville. Heat is back today, with a high of 91.

I got a lot of work done on Cindy's spalted maple tabletop yesterday, but it ended up with a big crack running most of the way down the center board. I'm gonna try to turn that serious flaw into a feature by filling the crack with colored epoxy kind of like this photo I stole from the Interweb. We'll see how it goes.
View attachment 30640
Besides more work on the table, I have to go pick up my repaired laptop here in a bit.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here, for our nation, and for Ukraine. Special prayers for George's family, for Bill's eye recovery, and for the young couple in Dean's family who lost their baby.
You can also add a couple bow ties to stop the split.

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
We left the Candian Hilton late afternoon....a sad time leaving what turned out to be a strain of Okies l wasn't aware shared the Family Tree. Just plain down home enjoyable it was!
I be jealous of Pastor Randy. He had a head full of salt n pepper glory.....
We motored into Witchita and will lager over tonight as well. Dinah has a GS here who moved west abt 5 yrs ago.
I made brkfst by 9 but she continues to drift in and out. A nap could well be in my future.
The KS toll was ridiculous. $3.50 = 35 - 40 miles of pleasure of having I-35 under the tires. :/ Tom out for now.

Reactions: Bruce Eakins

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
Julie and I have been home since shortly after 11:00 AM. She did her usual return routine. Vacuuming the carpet, laundry, and mowing the lawn while I got the truck washed and wasted a trip to the Ford store to find out their schedule didn't mate up with mine. I'll be going back for an oil change after golf tomorrow.

Tips for traveling in these difficult times:
1. If you're as conservative/anal as I am about the level of fuel in your tank and start wanting to fill up when the needle gets down to 1/2, start observing other drivers as soon as you get off the highway. If you approach the intended fuel stop and begin seeing drivers with their flat-bill ball caps turned half sideways, just get back on the highway and keep going. Gas stations with armed, uniformed, security officers wearing body armor IS NOT A GOOD SIGN! And the restroom will be out of service, anyway.

2. When you leave Missouri always have an empty bladder and enough gas to drive clear across Illinois.

3. Above all else, go to The Canadian River Hilton Hunting Lodge!

You're welcome.

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
I missed the morning post by a long shot today....just got back to the shop from welding the hitch on the pan scraper. It was warmer than they originally said. It was 90° when I rolled back through Greenfield heading east back to the shop. 8hrs and a bunch of stick rod later they should be good to go again.

Sounds like everyone had a dang good time at the Lodge....Sure wish we could have went.

Not doing much else today except maybe nursing a burnt head...I got my hair shaved nice and close last week and the sun was beating down on it today and I can feel it starting to sting a little!

Hope everyone has a good day!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts