Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning from NC Ohio the year is slipping away from us all. This week should wrap up garden planting then Daylily work will start. Soon as the coffee is done head to the barn and get belting for the backstop ready to put it back on so I can shoot here at home. At least sight in some rifles so it doesn't take 4 shots to kill a ground hog. Be safe and Prayers to all and country. Mike Oh yes can Kentucky let some of the rain reach Ohio?

·
Administrator
3,539 Posts
71° here in Upstate NY this morning under clear skies, the high temperature for today will be getting up to about 85°. It will be sunny and then we are supposed to get some rain starting this afternoon. We will have light wind all day.

I didn't do a heck of a lot yesterday just lolled all day. This morning I am heading "Up Home" and going fishing, it is the first chance I have had in a wieek and half. Hopefully this week won't be to bad but I know I have to be on the road some.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Mornin boys...
Upper 60s here high on RUGER MT this morning.
Back to the old grind this morning.
Took the little monster fishing yesterday evening.
She caught several bluegill and a few small bass.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 73 and partially cloudy, high about 93. No rain. Took easy yesterday and tinkered in the reloading room. ,
Today is working on projects and shooting this afternoon. I need to decide which rifle to shoot.
And trip planning, I am going to Texas Wednesday.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Good 1st Saturday of the week morning. It’s 70 in Indy heading for near 80 with a chance of rain and a chance of golf. Maybe both.

Heading for the pancake joint. Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
morning all. 42 with low 80s later and breezy. Got a slight shower and dirt blowing yesterday afternoon. No more chance of moisture in sight.
Took it easy yesterday, checked sprinklers a few times, took a nap after lunch and church. And just didn't do anything.
Sprinkler work today, was going to town for parts and tires, also to order a nozzle package for a sprinkler but boss man has to be gone today so I'll stick around here.
Better get, have a good and safe day. Prayers for those in need and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Seventy one going to 84 degrees according the the weather web. And then going to make some noise and figure out this 30BR that let me down last time out. And we are in for a stray shower. I wonder where that stray was supposed to be going.

·
Administrator
12,422 Posts
Good morning folks. It's a steamy 74 here, headed to mid 90's with a chance of a storms later. Could use some moisture. I need to get the pumpkin patch rototilled and planted. Maybe later today if it doesn't rain. I'm way late, so not expecting much out of it, but I'll throw some watermelons and cantaloupes in there with the pumpkins. I didn't get giant pumpkin seeds, so I'm stuck with smaller field pumpkins anyway. Just need a few for mom and the kids for decoration this fall. I spent yesterday doing infiltration testing down at my daughter's. That went pretty well, but it was hot. After that S-I-L Randy and I tore the old deck off the back of the house. Had to be careful becuase the new AC unit was under it. Why the hell he didn't pull that old, rotten deck off before he set the new unit in there is beyond me. Now he's got new piping going thru a rotten ledger board. He's going to have to pay to get someone to move the line or something. And, he framed out the inside room behind the ledger board, hiding the nuts to that bolt the ledger board on.🤦‍♂️ Sure didn't make it easy on himself.

Well Mikey, it's Monday. I'm in the office. Just too much to do to stay home. Looks like I'm pretty much back in office full time now. Oh well..was fun while it lasted.

Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
Good morning all.....nice rainy morning here a the shop. Not much going on yet here at the shop, I have some parts to clean up and box up and someone is supposed to be getting a tore up hay rake here shortly but from the sounds of it dropping it off in a tile blow hole was not to kind to the frame. It won't get started until I get back as I'll have to order material in.
Went to an open house yesterday and hung out for a bit. Aftet that went back home and didn't do too much.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Monday, yuck! Good morning, GoGo. It's 71 in Louisville, going to 80. Looks like we got a half-inch or so of rain between 3 and 5 this morning. More due tonight, I think.

Nothing much to report except that it's my birthday and somehow I scheduled an annual physical for today at 1. That kind of sucks, but at this point my birthday is pretty much just another day. I had the blood draw for this checkup about a week ago and I went online and checked the results last night. Looks like my blood glucose is in the "OK, we need to address this" range, and my systolic BP isn't responding to a recent bump up in med dosage. The doc will probably try to switch me from the affordable generic BP med to one of the $500 a month meds.

Hey, MPC, I've heard from several folks now who have used those grow pots or know someone who has. All the reports thus far are that they work really well. All I know for sure is that if I were a tomato root, I think I'd love that semi-porous fabric and the good, loose potting soil. I mean, what's not to like, right?

Bruce, I'm enjoying hearing about the adventures of the Lil' Redhead and your other progeny. I hope it turns out that it wasn't your son who spilled the milk from the wild cow milking.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for those who are ailing and for our nation.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Morning Folks!

Its 70º and raining here. It started yesterday afternoon and looks to be in the forecast through Wednesday.

Yesterday morning we watched the oldest Grandson play ball. The rain started as we were leaving. We lazed around most of the afternoon and I sat up to watch the Razorbacks play last night. The Grandson and the Hogs both lost.

Not sure what today holds. My running buddy is in Fayetteville with the Razorbacks and its raining here. There too, probably! May clean a couple of rifles and just take it easy.

Prayers offered for our members having health issues, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Good rain spattered morning from the sticks of Kentucky. Just light intermittent sprinkles and no appreciable amount....just nuff to keep the Hay wet. Shane, no danger me bending up a rake here today.

We gave Otis another shot of LA 300 for his ongoing eye infections. I have been increasing the dosage but it does not Cure the problem...just makes it disappear for a week. Vet didnt have any success either.

**** showed up in my RACOON trap. There fixed it you Nitwits. Anyway he got executed by lead injection like Should happen in our Prison System. I volunteer to do do the injections.

The farm plan for today is to move already balled up hay rolls unless I get a break in the weather.

Have a good day folks and Do NOT crawl into one of my Live Traps.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Morning all, 70 headed to 80 today, rain and T Storms all day and evening. JR I just watched the weather, they gave rain for the next 6 days, hard time to try to get hay done. Yesterday morning I posted about my leg swelling up, thought I would not be able to go to church. I had taken some meds, and prayed about it when giving thanks before eating breakfast, and in 20 minutes the swelling and redness went away. I got ready and got to Church on time. Guess what the message was about, Excuse's not to be in church. Hint taken. Have to run some errands with mom today, pray for me that I make it thru that. You all have a good one, Buff out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts