Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
61° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today will be up to about 79°. We will probably have some scattered showers today with a fairly mild breeze. I hope one of these days it decides to stop raining for a few days.

Yesterday was a laid back day, I didn't do very much at all. I got the notice for the gun club Membership Appreciation Day ready to email out and I had to make ten hard copies to mail for those members who don't have email. When Rusty and I went out this morning I heard some coyotes up the road howling, first ones I have heard in a long time. I have some packages arriving today and I have some work to do here.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 62 going to mid 80's with lots of sunshine. Didn't feel well yesterday, doing better today. Have lots to catch up on in the garden and the contractor will be here in a couple of weeks, Lord give me strength to get it done!!! Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Mornin boys...
Mid 60s here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Got some showers yesterday but nothing bad.
Back to the old grind today. We shot skeet yesterday evening
for the first time in several years, and it showed...lol
Sure felt good pulling the trigger and smell'in smoke.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 62, clear and 83 for the high. Yesterday was a great nap after church, then I planned on range time. Another matter came up, dealt with that then grabbed 1st rifle case in line and headed out. Turns out it was the Savage 19-33 NRA match rifle. I spent a pleasant afternoon shooting 1 hole groups at 50 yards. Sweet shooter.
Today is house cleaning in the morning, shooting in the afternoon.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Good morning all it's 63 now and going to 81 later, not a humid as it has been. I'm off today, going to take Kate to Charleston to a sinus Doc this afternoon. The sleeping bug must have bit me yesterday, I had a long nap yesterday. Hope all is well with you all today, have a good one.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
morning all. 50 and clear, low to middle 80s today again. No moisture for today...they say.
Watched church on live stream again yesterday but I had to leave early. Went to bale hay, but the hay was still wet
from the little shower Saturday night. It didn't take long for it to get dried out and we got another 420 bales made.
Don't think there is any baling for today, I'll try to get some other things caught up on.
Yesterday was our Grand daughters' 15th birthday, wow how time flies!!!
Sure feel better today than yesterday, was kinda dizzy all day yesterday for some reason.
Have a good day, prayers for those with health issues and those on the road. And our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
12,493 Posts
Good morning folks. It's a chilly 66 here again with a breeze and low humidity. Supposed to climb into the upper 80's and may get a storm later they say. Yesterday sure was gorgeous. I got a bunch more weeds pulled without sweating too bad and the tomatoes staked up in the garden. Should maybe have some Romas in a week or so. Green beans will be coming on too. My Zukes are taking off. I think my neighbor's bees have helped tremendously, since this is the first year I've had any luck with zukes in awhile. I also got the grill and griddle all cleaned up and put away from the other night. I should have continued to work outside but decided to be lazy and watched a couple movies, then made myself a big pot of gumbo for dinner while Sue ran back down for Lillie. Got plenty for leftover lunches this week.

Well, I guess I should get to work. After all, it's Monday. Have a good one!

Charlie

PS - No baby yet. Today is the due date, so could be any time!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 75º and cloudy here headed for the mid 80's. We have slight chances of rain all week.

Yesterday, and the whole weekend , was a lazy time for us. I did get some cleaning done in the loading room.

I think we are going to move a tractor and disc back to the Doctor'd place today. Thats always fun! :( If its dry enough I'll probably spend the afternoon mowing levees.

Prayers offered for our members having health problems, our Country and any others in need.

You'all have a good one.

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Good morning everyone.... 70° and pretty humid this morning. Cleaning up some mess at the shop so I can turn around and make another one. I have a hitch to make for a tractor and a bucket to do some repair on sometime today or tomorrow. Didn't do much this weekend but stay at home so the 9mm didn't even get tested to see if it feeds from the Sten mags.
Good to see the guys made it back from Montana and had a good time.

Charlie congrats on the soon to be here grandbaby...hope all goes well!

Well off to see what I can get into the rest of the morning.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Good morning here….Daughter and her littlest son headed home after church. Little redhead and the wifey played cards for a while and rain blowed in from north, ended up with 1.6”. That’s pretty unusual for this country in July.
Son and DIL drove in from Colorado about 10 to claim the little redhead. The DIL had a great time, first rodeo she’s got to enter this year, and they did great. The new trailer looks like it will be what we were needing for mobile hunting camp.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
72º with 96% humidity in the hollow this morning. We had a litle more rain yesterday and the rain gauge shows about an inch and a half in the past couple. Grass is green and growing now and the martins have nearly all fledged and will be moving out shortly. I didn't realize just how tired I was from the trip. Went to sleep on my front porch listening to a book just after supper, then again on the couch several times, before finally going to bed. Probably a total of 10-11 hours. Today I'll catch up an some orders and maybe do a partial route this afternoon. Rifles need cleaning and brass needs sorting, but it won't happen for a few days. No rush as it will be next year before most of it is needed.

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Administrator
1,853 Posts
70* and clear with chance of slight showers and 82 later this afternoon. Not much going on around here, at least for me. Stuck to setting around the house with a brace wrapped around me and cinched up. All my pain has pretty much gone away in my leg and foot. Even the surgical pain is down to almost nothing.
Not much else to tell so will offer up prayers for all in need, and prayers for this country and our friends and fellow Christians Israel. Lord watch over us and give us strength.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
The news here is that we can see and smell the western wildfires again this morning Unless the neighbor is burning something.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Late morning check in, 76 headed to 83 for the high. Need to mail some packages today, then see about getting a tire fixed, low for some reason on my Tundra. Got another ML boxed up and shipping it out today. Finished sorting thru all the reloading plunder, got it bagged/boxed up for storage or sale. This evening will be spraying weeds, and mowing yard at moms. That will about round up my day. You all have a good one, remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
No breeze, not quite cool so will be abandoning the patio. Decent cuppa this morning. All is well.
Had a good Bible study last night. My concordance didn't make it into my pile when I moved back to IN alone 6 yrs ago. I need to find a Christian bookstore. I'd rather support that than Amazon.
It looks like a day of honey do jobs. Heading out to the farm at end of week for a 2nd cuz's wedding. One of their GSDs went head to head w a vehicle on the gravel road and lost. His running Bud is lost without him. :/
My cuz put a window AC in our bedroom there. They've been having the same wedda as MRC. They just get it 15 hrs earlier. Humid n hot. Not good for this youngster's sleep needs. Especially w hog buildings present. PeeUuu.

Charlie is still waiting. I'll bet everyone involved will be glad to move onto the second phase which will last about 18+ years.
Tom out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good morning. 53° earlier this morning, going up to 75° here in the southern Rocky Mountains. Getting ready to load some 22-250 Ackley Improved loads. Have a great day everyone.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Good Afternoon from the sticks of Kentucky....nice sunny day with no rain and about 80°. We had 1.6 inches of rain a couple days ago and things are still soft.
I am hoping to move the cows across the highway this afternoon. No one here to help right now.and I need some help.
JB is at Wendy's for lunch and will show up later. Justin called me and thinks his Tomcat is dying, won't eat and doesn't do anything but curl up. Probably an expensive vet visit coming.
If not, I have a feeling Percy the Cat will be moving North to Meade county.

2 Baby calves arrived last night and seem to be ok. At least they won't freeze to death.

Carl P. Your wife can have either one I suppose. They would be difficult to housebreaking I would say.

More spraying this afternoon. 2 4 D and may spray Damcows for flies.

Have a safe day.
And Charlie, you may need to pull that little guy outa there. Deer season comes soon.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Those are nice looking calves, JR; what makes you think they can’t be housebroken? Go ahead; give it a try. Coyotes can’t get them there. Have you heard or seen any lately? A couple guys sent their dogs onto the properties around us this spring and shot 35-36 and so we haven’t heard much since then.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Those are nice looking calves, JR; what makes you think they can’t be housebroken? Go ahead; give it a try. Coyotes can’t get them there. Have you heard or seen any lately? A couple guys sent their dogs onto the properties around us this spring and shot 35-36 and so we haven’t heard much since then.
Well, I suppose they "Could" wear a diaper.
I haven't seen a Coyote in 4 months but they are around. Haven't heard one either. I had a calf born DOA week or so ago and it was GONE the second night. The woods are so grown up that you couldn't see one unless it was in an open field, and that's Nighttime work for them..
I don't feel like the Pursuit anymore, but maybe catch up with a few this winter. Maybe. Hopefully.
How did you do in the weekend shoot?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts