Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
71° here in Upstate NY this morning, skies are overcast, we had some rain overnight. The high temperature for today will be up around 80° with an 89% chance of rain and possibly thunderstorms. There will be a mild breeze of 7 to 10mph.

Yesterday was church in the morning and in the afternoon, I got my yard mowed instead of just taking life easy. I am glad I did as it started to rain some after I was done and we need the rain. Today I will be on the road for at least this morning.

HHH, I still fish the river up home the same as I did when I started doing it in 1956, by wading it. The difference is back then I was a lot more sure footed than I am now.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 77 going to overly warm. Yesterday I lasted less than a half hour in garden at daybreak. Won't last much longer today. Going to shoot something today just to get a little Kermit smoke therapy. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 56 and clear. High of 77. Cooler temperatures means yard work. Weeds wracking, trimming bushes, and painting trim. It's going to be a busy week.
Shooting this afternoon, I think I will take the 1919 Savage.
Hope everyone has a great Monday,
Ken

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
75° and it looks to be a nice day today. Worked in the yard, sprayed some weed killer and burned off some brush before the rain started at dusk last night. Loaded some more shotgun shells and I might get a chance to unload some later today. I hope the Little Redhead had a good birthday party yesterday. If I’m not mistaken she is now 7.
Gotta run for now. Make it a good day.

·
Registered
14,098 Posts
Mornin boys...
73 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Going to be another hot 1 here but they say we
might get a shower, storm, after dinner...maybe
We got all the Bard units put up so now for finishing the
inside and outside trim and vinal siding. Got to run all the
wires from the outside pole and that should be be fun, 4 wires in each
of 4 3" conduits about 120"...then through out the whole building. Each of the
4 big wires is around 1" in dia. fun fun fun...
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Great morning folks,

A welcome cool down to 58° and a comfortable high going to 77° later here near HalfwayUSA. Clear sky with sunny for much of the day.

Debra Dearest plane was delayed leaving Dallas by an hour but made up a little air time with a tail wind. She arrived in Detroit a little before 8pm. I did laps around the "orbit route" & was getting the hang of it. I slowly passed parked cars that were waiting FOUR wide in the five lane arrival pick up. By the time DD rolled out with her bag at the "furthest" exit I was able to pull right to the door. We got out of there & headed straight west on the fastest route away from Detroit and all the torn up roads. After I turned north, it was smooth driving & we made it home by 10:30pm with no delays on the less traveled path.

I did start 'Packin' & Sackin' as ol' Voldoc used to say. Starting with the basics & more will get loaded this morning. This afternoon I do have to go to old hunting partner's place to make sure he'll be ok for the next 10 or so days. I should be back in the early evening and can resume packing too much stuff.

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
Good first Saturday of the week morning. Nice day looming around here and we might go shoot steel after breakfast. Been a while since we did that.

I’m pretty well hooked on the new Glock 21 and Julie is liking the G30 since I removed the large back strap from the grip. Thought I was going to sell it to offset some of what I spent lately but NOOO. I really didn’t need another caliber to load but .45 ACP ammo is darned spendy. Even plinking stuff. Gonna try some Hoosier Bullets coated lead soon as the dies arrive.

Let’s get going. Those bad decisions ain’t gonna make themselves.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
morning all. A humid 52 with high 70s or low 80s today, hope we get another chance of rain like yesterday.
Got a nice shower late afternoon yesterday, haven't looked at the rain gauge yet but I'm thinking a half inch anyway.
Didn't do much after church yesterday, just started a couple sprinklers and took it easy out in the hobby shop.
Not sure what will take place today, hope to get parts for my tractor A/C so to get it fixed.
Better move along, have a good Monday and be safe and cool. Prayers for those with issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
59* here...going to 72*...... I,m liking it..... no A/C....more boat trailer painting today.... then throwing stuff in a pile for another trip to Canada in sept.
Have a good one fellas....

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 80 already here (or should I say it's still?) in PA this morning. Headed to 88 with rain approaching from the west. I sure hope it cools things down. I didn't do much yesterday outside. I had to put the trailer and 4 wheeler away, and empty the tools out of my truck and put them away. Fixed my little dump wagon, lost a spring on the dump mechanism. Oh, and I fixed my garden rake. Other than that, I didn't do squat other than watch some TV and shoved a beer can up a chicken's butt and did it on the smoker. (Chicken was already dead, but it did enjoy it!) I'm still sore and tired from Saturday. LOL Mom texted me this morning. She was down helping us do yard work Saturday. She sat down in the grass and apparently has CHIGGERS........EVERYWHERE. I have one or two on my leg, but she must have sat in a nest of them. I can only imagine.

Well, it's Monday. Going to be a long one. Works is piled up again and I have deadlines. Gotta run. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 78º and cloudy here headed for 100.

My oldest Son came over yesterday and helped me hang Deer heads in my new loading room. After that he went home and returned with his Wife and kids and we cooked steak and baked potatoes and had an enjoyable time.

I'm leaving out of here in a little while to meet my running buddy and move a tractor and disc from the Doc's place to my Son's place. He has several ponds that he wants to plant Millet in and I need to disc up my Dove field. Moving equipment is always fun! That tractor with the duals is as wide as a 2 lane highway! And there is always something, a flat tire, busted hose, something!

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
It is presently 61 degrees in my locale, Michigan’s Thumb. Hang in there Charlie; we sent what we didn’t need in terms of weather your way. The humidity has dried up into thin air. I can’t help you with Mom’s chigger bites. Again, we were without Commercially generated electricity from 9:00PM until close to 6:30AM. I’ll need to visit the gas station and tell people I’m using the gasoline in cans for water skiing. I am so full of crap.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Good Morning Everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake. 79 headed to 94 hopefully it will be the last day of the blistering heat for a little while .Didnt do much yesterday but lick my wounds from Saturday I took a unexpected fall and Im pretty sore. Darn fall knocked the wind out of my sails .
Yesterday afternoon I did get out and seal the flagstone once it got in the upper 80's .
Got a appointment at the exhaust shop today last week I hit a tall speed bump and bent the exhaust between the converter and the muffler now it's rattling against the underside.
The hound has started making leeps and bounds since we started him on a very bland diet end of last week . The vet communicates pretty much daily through texting on how he is doing. While he is still on meds that he will be until we start to wean him off hopefully everything will resolve itself. I'm not sure what has caused the stomach to be inflamed. Possible he ate something he loves to drink the saltwater. But he is on a strict bland diet for now .
I would be nice to hunt him this coming dove season but I'm in no rush .
Everyone have a great day stay safe and kewl.
HHH
When he sprained his front leg the local vet gave him rimadyl the ER vet believes that is what made everything go haywire. No more rimadyl for my dogs it is the second time using and it has cost me near about 4,000 in vet bills because of it . I had one other dog that spent a week at the ER because of it.These little labs are very high strung they aren't your typical lay around bird dog
Dog Plant Carnivore Grass Gun dog
Dog Plant Carnivore Dog breed Gun dog
Sky Ecoregion Vertebrate Tree Plant
Water Dog Working animal Carnivore Lake
Dog Collar Carnivore Plant Dog breed
Plant Carnivore Dog breed Working animal Grassland

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 74 in Louisville, 94% humidity and going to 89. I started seeing lightning around 11 last night, but never heard it, so it was either what I call heat lightning or it was way far off. We got maybe 1/4" of rain. More due off and on all week.

Charlie, I'm checking off another Monday for you. Hope you have a 401k at work and that you're packing it in. The stock market is a pretty tough place for retirees like me right now, but if you're still in the accumulation phase it just means you're buying in at bargain prices.

Yesterday I made maple breakfast link sausages with the pork/venison mix that I ground on Saturday. I had a few blowouts with the collagen casings, but that means they'll be nice and tender when I fry 'em up. I cooked a few patties for taste testing and made a pizza with some of that meat for dinner last night. Wasn't as tasty as Italian sausage, but it worked.
Food Cervelat Italian sausage Loukaniko Bockwurst

Might start sanding the blue epoxy "creek" on Miss Cindy's table today. No idea if the epoxy will gum up the sanding disks on my orbital sander or if it'll shake out kind of like wood dust. I'll be wearing a mask of some sort, I know that. Don't mind wearing one when it makes sense.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here and for our nation.
Green Rectangle Font Sky Magenta

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
That makes you the winner, KF.
The good news of the day is what I just received.
The vineyard and house in Bordeaux, France has sold and we can expect one more distribution of funds from the inheritance. We can take a vacation trip and have money left over for sundries, as Doug calls it. A rifle as I call it. Or maybe a pistol. Or both. Why be a cheapskate? I so loved the dearly departed Emile Doyen even though I never met him.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
GM and Congrats to Francisco on his new found wealth.
If the government didn't rob him, he would indeed have a check.
I'm still in the house after another sleepless night of Coughing for hours. Strep Throat has bout got me down. JB has lost part of her front tooth and is in a Panic. We will be going back to see Dr. D later today I think.
JB went to Corbin to a fabric store yday...even though she has more fabric than the Store. Quilt for a youngin I guess.
Saw a Rebel at McD while i was eating inside.
Window Vehicle Car Tree Automotive tire

Flying 2 flags...I may have to do that. Wait. Already did that.
Have a safe day and don't Saw into Chains in your firewood

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Slept good last night. Glad some of you are getting rain….maybe it will be my turn one of these days and I’m sure that 1/2” of Deans won’t last long.
Waiting on son to call. He is headed north to pick up his tractor this morning and I need to drop wifey’s car off to get front end fixed at the next town, so he will pick me up.
Well I popped of and bought the little CZ Varmint 223 yesterday. Probably be about 2 weeks before it’s here. Already had a good Leupold 4.5-14 laying around.
First JR loses a tooth and now JB loses one…. Sounds like they are fighting again….😎
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Got right at an inch of rain last night, along with winds up to 60mph, tons of thunder and a tornado spotted about 5 miles away the house. Fortunately that all blew past with no damage. Guessers say we should get some more scattered thunderstorms tonight and into tomorrow.

Nothing big planned for the rest of the day, might have to read the paper and take a nap.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Bruce, you should like the CZ in 223. I have CZ527 Americans in 22 Hornet and 221FB. The 221FB came from the factory with a 2.5lb triggger unset, and 12oz set. Never had to change a thing.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I probably would have liked it, the seller just texted and said he changed his mind about selling it after we made the deal yesterday. 😕
Hate it when people welch on a deal.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts