Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
64° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today will get up to about 77°. It will be a mostly sunny day with a mild breeze of about 5mph, we have a 50% chance for some rain today. I certainly hope we get some.

Yesterday I didn't do a darn thing really, I thought about things I want to do for the rest of this year for myself and the gun club. I talked to the customer who owns the nursing home in PA about a new wireless system he wants me to put in down there. I even took a nap for a couple of hours. This morning I am going up to the gun club and do a little shooting and then take the rest of the day easy I hope.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 56, mostly cloudy and 71 later. No rain.
Yesterday was good. The weather was perfect for our outdoor church service and cookout. I had a great nap afterwards.
Today is shooting this afternoon. Getting ready this morning includes deciding which rifle to take.
It's a great Monday, I hope everyone enjoys their day,
Ken

·
Registered
14,185 Posts
Mornin boys
66 here high on RUGER Mt this morning
Got a Dr app this morning so I'll probably just
take a sick day. Did get to smell smoke yesterday,
shot the 92 win across the chrono and looks like I'm
going to have to adj the charge on the cast bullets,
Still to fast ... Xtp's was fine. You all have a gooden
today and GOD Bless...

Don ie

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Good morning all. 69 heading for 80 in Indy. Fun day on the schedule. Golf this morning and pistol league tonight. Fortunately, I have low expectations and will enjoy both regardless of the results.

Baked steaks again last night. I think I’ll stick with searing then baking. Tried baking first once and found no difference. Good cut of meat and a cast iron skillet are the not-so-secret to success. YMMV.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Great morning folks,

Clear sky with 57° with a nice 79° expected for the high late today here near HalfwayUSA.

We pulled in the drive about 1pm & took our time unloading the camper after some lunch.

The uncut grass was a getting a bit out of hand & the grass that did get cut looked like it needed cutting. Well, not to be overly foolish Debra Dearest & I only used the push mowers on the getting out of hand grass, not the other 2 acres. We finished that up in about an hour. By the time we were done Deb was only 500 steps short of her daily goal of 10,000. Them Apple watches are a task master.

I flipped a cabinet door inside the truck camper so it opens with the hinges on right side. Deb is pleased with those results. The exterior trim insert I needed for the big double wide arrived while we were away camping. I fitted that in the two places it was needed.

By then it was time to settle in for the evening and catch up on other things.

Today, errands and some barn chores. New drive belt for the zero turn should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
morning all. 48 here with 81 and possible showers this evening. And all week could be wet.
Didn't do any farm work except chores and sprinkler checking. Have one to work on today though.
After church and lunch we spent time in the hobby shop, Gwyn worked on a quilt or two and I cleaned four rifles.
Was a relaxing afternoon, wish I could spend more time there instead of at work!!!!
About time to get around, so have a good day and prayers for those with health issues and our country.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 60 going to 77 may stay dry, .20 rain yesterday in four hours a very light mist. Lots of outside work to do and to fire a couple of rounds. Coffee is ready so time to start this day. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 72 in Louisville, going to 80. It's pretty cloudy, but only a 15% chance of rain. Looks like a dry week until we hit Saturday.

Didn't accomplish a lot in terms of projects yesterday, and I was just fine with that. I did finish up my USMC knife (see yesterday for photo), so that was a big item to check off. We'll be driving to about 30 miles south of Chicago (Naperville) on Wednesday for a military reunion. Most of that distance we'll be in Indiana, so I won't be too nervous about carrying a little personal protection. Doug, we'll be taking I-65, so if there are any traffic changes or concerns getting around 465, please let me know.

Charlie, I'm checking off today on your retirement calendar. Sure hope Miss Sue is feeling better this morning.

Y'all have a good'n, be safe, and lift up prayers for our friends here and for our nation.

·
Administrator
13,671 Posts
Good morning folks. Another Monday here at work Mikey...and it's raining. Boy I sure could have slept in. It's 66, only going to near 80 with rain ending this morning and possible on/off showers all afternoon. I don't know when it started raining, but it's been a steady soaker. Yard had puddles in it this morning when I looked out. We sure needed it, but now I'll be mowing Wed instead of Mon, as usual. Miss Sue still has an upset stomach this morning. Not sure if she's going to work or not. She did take a Covid test yesterday and it was negative. Glad she doesn't have the Democrat disease. Doesn't make sense why she's sick though? We had almost the same things to eat all weekend. Must be some other bug.

Since we didn't go anywhere yesterday, I farted around outside in the yard. Pulled some weeds, sprayed some others. Dam thistles again. Where I hit earlier this year is good, these are coming up at new places. Hopefully the spray knocks them back. Watched TV most of the afternoon. Binging a show called "The Man in the High Castle". A show about what US was like after the Nazi's and Japs beat us in WW2. Been interesting for sure. Seeing what the German's did...let's just say JR's not too far off-kilter sometimes. I did smoke a rope of Italian sausage (Yes, I had a hard time lighting it :ROFLMAO:) and did a piece of pork loin as well. Topped that with apple bourbon glaze. It was really good.

Well I guess I should get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake. 71 headed to 78. Beautiful comfortable morning . Wife cleaned the shed gutters yesterday. I redug the 4" solid corrugated pipes that carries the water away from the foundation . Grass was cut .
The last few days we have been catching crabs like crazy all summer long we were getting 4-5 crabs a day with 4 pots the eels were stealing the bait as quick as you could fill it. This past 48 hours we have caught 50 some good size crabs . I ate a small mess of them last night and we will be picking the rest for the meat . My old neighbor didn't make it down this past weekend he had hay on the ground and wanted to get it up before the rain started in . He said possibly he could get down while it was raining this week . Here's what I was doing yesterday afternoon.
Everyone have a great day stay safe and comfortable enjoy your day. Prayer out for those in need.
Sky Cloud Furniture Table Chair
Food Arthropod Recipe Chesapeake blue crab Seafood

HHH
Lightman the extension of the cooker legs are of ground rods they made a good extension as well as the support that wrapped around the legs😜.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Man, HHH, that does look good. Good enough to eat.
Yesterday was an absolutely nothing day. It was high of seventy degrees, high humidity, heavy overcast, and no breeze to blow it off. The morning dew never dried, As I said, nothing. I was kept pretty busy on the computer with die and action wrench questions and a couple orders. So, this morning a trip to the North Street, Michigan post office is in the offing.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 76º and Sunny here headed for the upper 90's.

We had a great time at Deer Camp over the weekend. We cut up several trees that were down across our roads and trails. Most of the Hickory and Oak logs got hauled up to camp to be split. BIL cooked Catfish and Bass Saturday afternoon. We topped off a few feeders and changed the cards in a few cameras and just had a good time in the woods.

The oldest Granddaughter wants to spend a few days with us before school starts so we'll pick Her up sometime this morning. I plan on working on my Dove Field one day this week, depending on the rain.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
GM from Mt Vernon McD this cloudy morning. Not a suitable day for hay work I thinks, but I will get the remainder of the Hay Balls out of the field.
I found a fence washed out yesterday that I had not noticed....but the Damcows found it. Creek got up big in the Bottom and back down before I got up one night last week.

@Kentucky Fisherman noted a while back that Otis the Cat was not looking well. He disappeared shortly thereafter and I thought the Coyotes had got him. Yesterday a neighbor called me and said he was at their house and was very sick. Gone over 2 weeks. I took him home, gave him his first Bath in the bathtub,
Cat Comfort Carnivore Felidae Small to medium-sized cats

and kept him in the garage till today when I took him to the Vet. His regular Vet passed away and I am trying a new one????? We will see. Otis has severe Diarrhea and is dehydrated, possibly blood in urine. Not a good outlook I fear.
I had to leave him as they are a "Trainwreck" at the Vets on Monday morning and are working him in.

JB might possibly return today so my Vacation may be ending.
Have a good day folks...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Morning all, 74 headed to 81 today., nice day on tap. Uneventful day yesterday, did not do much. Late yesterday we went and saw a aunt of mine, she is 90, and may loose a foot shortly, due to not taking care of an injury, being diabetic and not paying attention to that also. Hate it, she is a great lady, had no physical issues her whole life, till last 5 years, fell twice and broke a hip each time, resulting in 2 hip replacements, and then this. She is still living at home by herself, barely with a relative or two checking on her daily. Had issues and did not get posted on here yesterday. KF that knife you made along with the holster is a real looker. You all have a good one and remember those in need of prayers, Buff out.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
KrogerSam, “They” say old folks break a hip and that results in the fall. We had an old lady friend who is gone now but before she passed away that is what happened to her. It turned out she had a cancer in her hipbone.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Well almost to the noon hour....sitting here at the shop eating lunch. I got here late today I had a chiropractor appointment this morning and went over my x-rays. My neck which is supposed to have a curve is pretty much straight. Probably from wearing a welding hood for 30 years and looking down at your phone is a big no no too I guess. My lower back didn't have much arthritis but is got a kink in it right at the bottom and is closing off the opening the nerves go through thus causing the pain... I'm going to get racked 3 times a week for a few weeks I guess.
I got my 200 cases sized and cleaned and started trimming then last night. They were all over the place. I need to call Kelbly's and order a new firing pin spring for my Panda. I have it 7 or 8 years and never changed it so that's the first thing getting done. Next I might cut the tenon and get it rechambered and recrowned just to freshen everything up a bit.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
@Kentucky Fisherman noted a while back that Otis the Cat was not looking well. He disappeared shortly thereafter and I thought the Coyotes had got him. Yesterday a neighbor called me and said he was at their house and was very sick. Gone over 2 weeks. I took him home, gave him his first Bath in the bathtub, and kept him in the garage till today when I took him to the Vet. His regular Vet passed away and I am trying a new one????? We will see. Otis has severe Diarrhea and is dehydrated, possibly blood in urine. Not a good outlook I fear.
I had to leave him as they are a "Trainwreck" at the Vets on Monday morning and are working him in.
I can't quote chapter and verse what the Bible says -- if anything -- about pets, but it's obvious there are special bonds between men and their hunting dogs, yard dogs, horses and even cats. When people go on and on about their fur babies, animals having souls, and the Rainbow Bridge, I mostly just nod and listen. But I do believe God wants the best for people, which includes the things they care about, including cats. Accordingly, I'm putting Otis and his caretakers on my prayer list. We've had a lot of fun following the "Adventures of Otis the Tomcat's Tomcat," so here's hoping that tough old rascal pulls through.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Get well wish’s for Otis. He is a legend. And safe travels for JB. JR you need to stay after that hay.
DIL liked about 2-3 hours finishing going over wheat ground when she got sick Friday PM, so I had a young lad come finish it this morning. If we happen to get a rain later in the week, may be able to get started sowing wheat close to 1st of September.
I got some of the new 6.5 creed brass primed yesterday, so may try to stuff about 50 of them today.
Son is on his way home this morning…. Didn’t get off early as he wanted to make a few changes to the camp.

Plant Sky Plant community Ecoregion Cloud
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all

1 - 20 of 31 Posts