Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Get well wish’s for Otis. He is a legend. And safe travels for JB. JR you need to stay after that hay.
DIL liked about 2-3 hours finishing going over wheat ground when she got sick Friday PM, so I had a young lad come finish it this morning. If we happen to get a rain later in the week, may be able to get started sowing wheat close to 1st of September.
I got some of the new 6.5 creed brass primed yesterday, so may try to stuff about 50 of them today.
Son is on his way home this morning…. Didn’t get off early as he wanted to make a few changes to the camp.

View attachment 31308 Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all
Plant Sky Plant community Ecoregion Tree

All that place needs is a Confederate Battle Flag fluttering in the wind.
I used to take one to PD camp every year and put it up the first thing.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
You call that a CAMP???

I call it Heaven! Ask Justin if I can I come next year just to cook?
You can come help Carl…..he’s main camp bitch now….lol

Reactions: lightman and MRC

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
You call that a CAMP???

I call it Heaven! Ask Justin if I can I come next year just to cook?
Charlie, I have a brand new Harbor Freight generator. Has 4350 amps as peak starting load and will put out 3500 constant. How many lectric smokers can we run off that? I have no real idea how many amps my little smoker draws when it's heating. Anyway, if we kept 3-4 smokers going, I bet we could keep that camp fed. Might even have to go old school with a bullet-style water smoker and charcoal. It's been forever since I've smoked a butt that way, but I know it'd still work just fine. 🐷🐮🐔

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Now the smoked butts sound delicious. I was living hi on the hog today . Local farmer does BBQ every year we purchased a container the other day. It's pretty darn good I like the Georges Carolina sauce it has a mild sweet hint in the sauce while still tasting like a Carolina sauce.
Food Tableware Bottle Table Ingredient
Bottle Table Drinkware Liquid Food

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
KF, that's the only way I know how to test a batry. If its HOT, you get blue Sparks, iffen it ain't you get Yeller sparks.
Those Lectric smokers draw a lot of juice; mine throws the breaker on the front porch where I used it a lot. I had to move it to where i could get to another one.
Bar B Q sauce? Everyone likes it different. Sweet Baby Rays is my go to brand. I don't like that Thin Vinegar stuff.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
+1 on Sweet Baby Ray's. Also like KC Masterpiece. When I lived in the KC area, used to go to the original KC Masterpiece in 18th and Vine area. Also lived in NC for a while, and didn't care for the Carolina pork BBQ either. Too sour (vinegar) for me. Prefer beef BBQ, especially burnt ends.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts