Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
64° here in Upstate NY this morning, it is overcast and the fog is here, the high temperature for today should be getting up to about 74°. After the fog burns off it should be a mostly sunny day with a mild wind. It did rain some overnight but no heavy stuff as had been predicted.

My wife and I went to church yesterday morning and for the rest of the day I just loafed. Today shouldn't be a bad day, I have a few things here to do but that is about it unless something changes which is always possible.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good morning from NC Ohio 67 going to mid 80's with more humidity. Repairman should be here this morning to replace the element in the glass top range and relieve my check book of a big chunk of change !! That will just about be the extent of my day around here today. Be safe Prayers to all and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 50 and heading to 75. Some clouds and maybe some rain.
Busy day today, final preparation for the trip and shooting this afternoon. Dinner with my daughter this evening and leaving the cats in her care.
The big decision is which guns to shoot this afternoon.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
9,863 Posts
Good morning. Cool in Indy heading for hot. We’re goibg to shoot some steel and intend to git-r-done before the hot. Just shooting rimfires today. I’m hooked on it. Julie may shoot her 9mm. I haven’t been informed on that yet. Anyway, it’s a quick breakfast, drop off a puppy sample at the vet, then off to Brazil. The Coastie and his other grandpa are invited to join us but I don’t think they’re gonna’ answer the bell. Last word I got was they were planning breakfast at 11:00. We’ll be on the way home by then.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
morning all. 39 here and should be some dew this morning, mid 80s later.
Didn't have to bale yesterday, boss man and young grandson were going to handle it. BUT his grandsons' baler broke down again, don't know
if it's the kid or the older used baler that boss bought this summer, I think it's both!!!
Should have some baling today, lots of hay on the ground and more got cut yesterday.
I took it easy, got in a nap after church and lunch, then worked on the shotgun project. Never buy a Tri Star semi auto!!!
Might just be this one, reviews of them seem to be ok, but this one seems over gassed, smashed the hull after firing but slammed open so
hard it broke the charging handle off!!! Now to try to find a new handle.
Better move along, prayers for those with health issues and our country, and those traveling.
Have a good day!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
13,433 Posts
Mornin boys...
Low 60 s and foggy here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Nother day at the grind.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky where All the Hay has been rolled up into Hay Balls. I no longer watch the Radar every 4 hours looking for rainstorms.

Pancake Doug, I have been to Brazil (Indiana) also....not much there and there was no rain forest.
Ken....is embarking on a "Trip" somewhere but he has not chose to share Where?
Dean's BossMan seems to be having a rough time Training the grandson....I have often wished I had one that is "Trainable" but no more time. So it goes.

Judy Brown IS trained and raked the last field of hay yesterday and I rolled it with only one mess up.
Tire Sky Wheel Plant Tractor

She definitely would have been better off if she married a banker or lawyer.
Oh, that Rake does not have a missing wheel, it's the old original black and hasn't been replaced.

Off to the neck stretcher soon then come back and put an electric fence around some Hay and continue moving hay balls.

A lot of Chinexe Virus in the area so I will wait in the car till my turn at the Chiropractor. Several folks have passed away this past week. One lady had taken a Vaccine and was Sick but only a very mild case.
Do what you will, but a lot of smart people (doctors) I Know have said "Get the Vaccine." Contrary to Rumors being spread...it will not make your Pecker fall off.
Carry on....till you can't carry any more.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Great morning folks,

61° with rain approaching, a gray sky and both will last all day here near HalfwayUSA. We aren't likely to see 70° today.

The new camper was detail cleaned all around and on top. Debra Dearest said it was a bit obsessive to hand wash the top but it needed it. Better to wash it now than power wash it later. A lot of the plastic used on the outside of some of the accessories (awnings) is polystyrene based and subject to UV yellowing and deterioration. I got ahead of that by pulling off the plastic covers, which had already started to yellow, and gave them a coat of white paint. Pretty looking again.

We did have to nasty thunderstorms move through in the late afternoon and evening. LOTS of water fell both times.

I think today will be spent at the reloading bench finishing up 45/70. You know, because everybody needs 500 round for their single shot rifle.:D

·
Administrator
12,657 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 68 here with a bit of overcast, but there was a big, bright, orange sun coming up on my way to work. I wanted a pic on the battlefield but by the time I got there, it had gotten higher and changed, so I didn't snap one off. I was running late anyway. Supposed to get to 90 or so today. Gonna be a hot one. I guess I'll mow after work. Certainly won't find me up a tree stand in this heat. Didn't get mowed yesterday. I cleaned up the camper a bit and snapped some pics. Still undecided if I'm going to sell it. I'll regret it if I do. I did get the boat uncovered and washed and got pics, getting it ready to sell for sure. I hooked up the hose and it fired right up and purred like a 2 stroke kitten. The new 4 strokes are quieter and more fuel efficent, but they don't smell like the old "2 smokes".

The kids came up to the house yesterday for dinner. First I've seen the grandbaby in a month. He's getting big! Also first I got to hold him. He sure was captivated by the mounts on my wall. Seemed to really like the ducks and the antelope. Maybe he'll be an outdoorsman. :) Also, I finally got to see miss Lillie and give her the knife ole Mikey made for her. Perfect fit for her hand. Hope she gets to use it here in a month or two.

Cheek Skin Joint Head Chin
Clothing Glasses Smile Hand Plant

Well, I need to get busy. Prayers offered. Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Good morning everyone....with the wife this morning as she is having some procedures done then I'll be back to work after I drop her back off as home.
Worked on the tile boot yesterday and got the SS wear strip welded on the bottom so it's ready to be picked up.
Shot some Norma pellets in the RWS air rifle then after I got home I checked zero on the Beeman .22 air rifle and my daughter and I went to the dairy and took out some pigeons. I was going to shoot the RWS but the Beeman was too heavy and too long for her to use so we swapped. I nailed one right off and she countered with her first shot and bird down. I think we shot a dozen or so with her taking out about 4. She was proud of this one she got a head shot on at a pretty good distance.
Flash photography Asphalt People in nature Street fashion Tints and shades

Thought I seen the tail end of a ground hog while we were out back by the feed bins so I might have to go have another look soon.

Hope everyone has a good day!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Monday already, where did the weekend go……
65 with the high going to the upper 80’s.
Accomplished little yesterday. Got to the range later than I wanted. Leave it to me to be a range nazi, sorry if someone is F’ing up and you don’t say anything your as guilty as the they are. Of coarse they had all kinds of reasons for what they were doing and why they were doing, none the less it still against the rules.
Got away from that situation and on to shooting. Playing with the KIDD 10/22 again. Still chasing ammos. Must have been on my game or the planets were in alignment, flyers were few and all called. 10 shot groups under 1/2” were coming often and easy. Getting it narrowed down it will be on to 100 yard work, that should raise frustration levels.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 70º and cloudy here headed for 90 with slight chances for rain in the afternoon.

My oldest Son and Granddaughter went to Deer Camp with me yesterday. We got all of the feeders filled up and running and got new batteries in the cameras. It was a pleasant day to be in the woods. On the way home my trucks odometer rolled over 100,000.

I think we'll be at the Doctor's place this morning flooding a couple of fields for Teal. After that we will probably try to get a tractor truck started and go to my Buds old farm to get a trailer that was suppose to have been sold and didn't. I'll probably drive it, it may be the last time I ever get to drive a truck.

Prayers offered for those with health problems, our Country and any others in need.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
As mentioned yesterday, we had a bunch for dinner. After they had all gone, the heavens opened and we got the rain that missed Skruske. About 9:00PM we had a pyrotechnic display like I’ve never seen before. The sky was lit up more than it was dark. I mean, the lightning never stopped. Somewhat between Skruske and us in Frankenmuth, Michigan they had lime size hail. That will wreck most anything it hits. It’s raining again at the moment.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Western Minnesota Steam Threshers event.

Someone mentioned this a few days ago. Probably 2 Feathers it's in his area.
I sure would like to attend that event but it's way far for JB and I..

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Charlie, you brought me back to memories of a time of two stroke motorcycles with Blendzall or four strokes with Castrol R. The days before oil injection.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
JR, there used to be a decent steam power and threshers museum in Mt Pleasant, Iowa. May have to look on-line for if it still exists. Could be along the way the next time you go to visit your son in KS.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
We spent many hours in our youth on Lake Erie and two stroke boat motors. Both Jan and I are addicted to the smell of gasoline/oil, water, and fresh air.

·
Administrator
1,867 Posts
JR there is a steam tractor show and get together at Republic MO. just outside of Springfield MO. Not sure if it has gone on this year or not, but they don't have the plowing there as far as I know. I have gone a few times, and really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Good mid day almost from the 🌞 E side of the Chesapeake. 78 at the moment high of 88. Had a nice birthday weekend I ate good that's 4 sure . Had crabs last night with some J O garlic crab spices. Been on the phone this AM finally got a surgery date of 10/14 . Hopefully it will give me time to head south in end of Nov . JR we are very fortunate to have wives like we do . I have one that will put on the big girls pants when needed . I've had the Mrs under the tractor covered in grease and not complaining one bit to get the job completed. Now mine doesn't get on ladders very often she's seen what falls can do to someone.Heres a picture of the Mrs and Jake our hound .
Head Smile Dog Vertebrate Sleeve

1 - 20 of 23 Posts