Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Somebody send a little rain so I can get wheat sowed. Put about 1/2 dusted in. Right kind of rain will get it going. ”dust in wheat, mud in oats” is what my ole granddad always told me.
Son texted in this morning. Camp is set up and bulls bugling all around since about 3 this morning.
DIL and little redhead headed that way Friday after school. Season for that area starts Wednesday. They are scouting and puting out trail cams next couple of days. Praying they have a safe hunt and a fun time. I think I like the mountain scenery and temps more than i like the actual hunt. I enjoy setting up camp and just relaxing in the mountains. Nice if you get one, but experiencing the beautiful area is priceless. If you boys have never camped in the Rockies….you need to put it on your bucket list. EVEN your wives would enjoy it.
Little redhead has been going since she was one. Learned to walk in the mountain meadows. Son told her principal he was taking her to elk camp for a week. LOL….i told his principal that “several” years ago. He said GREAT, he will learn more there in a week than a week in school.
Hope he sends me a pic of camp this year. The new trailer and 4 large wall tents should be quite a camp. Son was two when I first took him to the mountains elk hunting the first time.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Good early afternoon, GoGo. Itls a warm 82 at 1 p.m. in Louisville, going to 88.

Check off one of my few remaining work-work Mondays, Charlie! Looks like only six after today, and I'll be on vacation one of those. I'm still scared spitless of retirement, but mostly because of "what ifs" that I can't control, so I need to get a handle on that and just get over it. In many ways the COVID work-at-home thing has helped, because at least I'm used to being around the house all day, so that won't be a big change. If I get too bored around here, I guess I could just buy a few head of cattle and a field to grow hay, right? Ha!

Thanks for the pictures, Charlie. And Shane it's good to see you keeping your daughter's skills up there at the dairy.

Hope y'all are having a good day. Remember to be safe out there and lift up prayers for our friends and our nation.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts