Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
67° here in Upstate NY this morning under overcast skies, the high temperature for today will be up to about 74°. It will be a cloudy day today with a 80% chance for showers and thunderstorms with a mild breeze of 3 to 8mph.

Yesterday was a quiet day, I spent the day at home not doing much of anything except take it easy. Today I am hoping I might get to do some shooting before the rain starts at least if I don't have to go out on a call.

Prayers for all that need them.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Happy Monday George. By the way, I forgot to congratulate you on running 25 straight on the skeet range Friday. I’ve only shot skeet a few times and have never shot a perfect score.
66 here this morning and the rain is almost here.
My son and his family stopped by yesterday, along with my wife’s cousin. I talked to him on the phone and asked if he had ever heard of Jicama. He lives near Jungle Jim’s market and picked up a couple for me.
Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish Natural foods

We sliced one up and it was a big hit. Even the grandkids liked it. It was much sweeter than I had expected might try to air fry the other in the next couple days.
You never know what you’re going to learn about here on the board. If you miss a day, you miss a lot.
Gotta run for now. Make it a good day.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Good morning from Waseca, it's 49 and 77, warming up. Still some rain in the area.
As planned, it was a great day of rest yesterday. I did get some good writing time. In the evening we enjoyed a small gathering at a friend's house.
This morning I have to run up to Faribault and pickup a rifle I won at auction yesterday. I took the advice given and passed on the Redwing crocks. There's better examples out there.
I can swing by Cabelas on the way to Faribault, just to see what's new.
Hope everyone has a great Monday,

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good wet morning from NC Ohio 70 going to80's just got a 20 min. downpour at least 1 - 2 inches it was needed. Don't have anything planned today, kinda' getting to like this Retirment thing!! Be safe my friends Prayers to all of us and country. Mike

·
Registered
14,185 Posts
Mornin boys...
54 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Got some smoke therapy yesterday, but that's about all, didn't shoot worth a shit...not sure what I'll be doing today at work but I'm sure it wont.be fun...lol
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless

Donnie

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
morning all. 50 here with mid 70s and a chance of a shower today and all week.
Not much went on after we got home from church yesterday, checked around the farm, all was quiet so I came home and rested for a bit.
Worked on a project in the hobby shed, cleaning up my FILs ole Henry 22 lever action, and man is it a project. Couple screws missing and the follower
is broke off. And really dirty, don't think it could possibly shoot! Also received another lever action 22 to work on, rust bucket!!! Not sure it will be worth the
effort but I'll give it a try, it's a Westernfield brand.
More baling today, hope in the alfalfa today though. Not sure what else right now.
Have a good day, enjoy September it's going by SO fast!!!
Prayers for those with health issues and others.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Great morning folks,

With cloud cover, a 67° starting temperature and expected high in the upper 70's we are in for a really nice day here near HalfwayUSA.

After breakfast & a send off with JR and Miss Judy, I headed to the barn to fill up chainsaws. Before that, I fitted two hammer handles to get them off my work bench. There is something pleasing about a 32oz hammer with a 10" handle. The other was a claw hammer JR gave me. Said it was hanging in the store just short distance from his house. All better now & ready for further abuse.

Wood Art Metal Natural material Tool

I got busy on the big logs in the back yard. Three of the cuts all the way around the truck of the maple butt didn't completely cut it off. I resorted to wedges & a sledge hammer to "pop" them apart. While that part was successful the real struggle was maneuvering those heavy things under the splitter ram. Debra Dearest came out after a bit and ran the lever while I positioned the wood. After getting those three twisted chucks broke down I had a face cord of wood piled up. Lots more to keep me busy for the next couple days.

Deb's day will be occupied with her sister. Younger sis is getting one of those back side bore scopes this morning. Recovery will be here.

I'll be playing with my wood.;)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Good morning everyone from the shores of the Chesapeake.65 headed to 88 . Bright beautiful morning.Not a lot planned for today I'll hook up the trailer and get that inspected this afternoon. Had a old friend and his wife over yesterday afternoon to eat crabs . They were nice sized and appear to be putting meat on all of them seem to have plenty of meat .
We got 40 some crabs in 30 hours . Everyone enjoy your day stay safe and comfortable.
HHH

·
Administrator
13,671 Posts
Good morning folks. It's 67 headed to mid 80's later with maybe a storm from MRC's way later. Doubtful. We get our storms from the south. Mountains knock back stuff from the west. Yesterday, I piddled around and cleaned out the garage, put stuff way, and THREW stuff away. Bunch of odds and ends from the old boat that I certainly will never use. After that, I mowed the yard. Some shady spots actually were really thick and high. The sunny spots were thin and burnt out. Yard doesn't exactly look spectacular at this point. Lots of weeds. Oh well. For dinner, I smoked a piece of beef, eye of round and a rope of sausage. For a change, I used my old Frankensmoker with charcoal. This is the electric cabinet style that I ripped the guts out of and installed a fire box on the side. I had a small bag of Kingsford Mesquite briquettes I found while cleaning out the garage. I mixed a few, about 50/50 with regular and added a bit of apple wood chucks I had. The beef and sausage turned out great, just a little smokey as I had trouble getting the damper right after I added the apple wood.

Well, I need to do some research today on cost to fix a boat trailer and such before I put in my offer. See what happens. Another Monday Mikey. Not that you have to worry. I only have about 750 more to before retirement.

Have a good one!

Charlie

·
Administrator
13,671 Posts
You guys having issues with posting pics, check this out. Under the box where you type text is a row of icons. If they are all greyed out like this (see below), hit the white gear icon at the right above the "POST REPLY" box. This toggles the other icons back on (they show as white not grey). It's easy to fat finger this icon and toggle it off, especially if you're trying to post pics from a phone.

Sky Font Display device Electric blue Audio equipment

See the difference? Now you should be able to hit the little insert image icon
Rectangle Font Electric blue Circle Logo
and copy and paste or drag and drop images.

Font Technology Electronic device Display device Number

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Around 60 in the hollow and looks to make around 90 this afternoon. 40 years ago today I married my best friend. We're still together and she's still my best friend. Celebration won't be much until Thursday when we go south for a week on the gulf. Yesterday was the usual this and that, but I did get a bonus. I take my business trash to the storage facility I use and drop it off in the dumpster (mostly cardboard boxes). While dumping it I noticed what looked like a toy rifle. Turned out to be a Benjamin Sheridan air rifle. I figured it was ruined, but when I got it home I found that it seems to function. Haven't run a pellet through, but it pumps and seems to fire. I'm not above dumpster diving :)
Will drop by the bank later to see why I haven't gotten my $$ back yet. That should be fun :mad:

G'day Y'all,
Rick
Let's go Brandon!!!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Yesterday din do nuffin and am poised to do the same today, but then, the boss hasn’t arisen and given me my marching orders yet. The Escape needs an oil change and that’s I all remember about things to do today.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Morning Everyone!

Its 70º and cloudy here headed for the low 90's.

I spent most of yesterday in the loading room depriming and tumbling brass. Had a good steak for supper last night.

Today I'll get back to tumbling brass. I ran 3 loads yesterday and hope for 4 or more today. I rather enjoy this but I do get tired. Sometime today I'll try to take my Polaris to the shop for its first oil change and to have a recall on the throttle felt with.

Prayers for those in need and our Country.

Y'all have a good one.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Good morning everyone... got home from the range yesterday and sized all my 6br brass with the bushing in the die this time. Then took the primed brass I had and brought my die up a turn and sized the necks on those. All the fired and sized brass got tumbled and all the fired Dasher brass got resized too.
Nothing to exciting went on really.
Took the dog out this morning and there was about 6 squirrels in the yard around the post put an ear of corn....dog shot out the door not knowing which was to run....same as always didn't get one. Intold the wife i was going to pop one with the air rifle and give it to the dog....didn't seem to be to fond of that idea.
Lots of stuff to weld today hopefully I stay busy on welding and nonone else comes in the shop to derail me.

·
Registered
Remington, Savage, Rossi, or Marlin guns
26 Posts
Good morning, everyone. It’s 53 degrees here and is supposed to get up to around 80-85. It feels even colder since it is quite smoky due to nearby fires. We are just leaving to go harvest some silage corn, which is what we’ve been doing every day and will for some weeks. Hoping to get done with the field we are on by lunch, so I might have some extra time right after lunch. There’s been a coyote in one of our fields so I might try to get it. I hope everyone has a good day. Tyson

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Greyfox….congratulations to you and condolences to your wife…..😄
Tysonisaac…. Sounds like you do some farming besides the cattle. We still farming about 200 acres, and we lease out 800+ acres. Guy who leases it put in 280 acres of sorghum/Sudan for silage and got the rains when it needed it and it’s going to make a whale of a crop this year.
I finally tested negative this morning, but can’t get in for chemo treatment until Friday AM. 😞
Out in the reloading room yesterday about 1pm. I thought Saturday things weren’t running as smooth as it should be. Took all the dies offf the Dillon and started from scratch. DUH….I was using 3 die set of RCBS. The Dillon dies use 3 dies plus powder drop (whuch also flares cas mouth). The third RCBS third die flares case mouth and isn’t needed on the Dillon
I’m getting old and wasn’t smart enough to notice why my bullet seater was only getting about 1/2 the
Bullets seated straight and ruining lots of cases. I finally took the time to do a little thinking. LOL, works really well now.
Prayers for our Country, Israel, Ukraine and all Y’all.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts